Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Q Magazine Songs of the Decade (Born This Way incl)

Mr S

Featured Posts

I'm sorry but where is Hold It Against Me, where is Kesha on this playlist. This is no proper songs of the decade list in my eyes.

berlinforme
1 minute ago, UK Monster said:

I'm sorry but where is Hold It Against Me, where is Kesha on this playlist. This is no proper songs of the decade list in my eyes.

Isn't HIAM the decade's song with the biggest second week drop or something?

Mirrion Rizzons
3 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

Hold It Against Me

this is a bop but it had no impact at all

Til the world ends was the real hit of that album

5 minutes ago, Mirrion Rizzons said:

this is a bop but it had no impact at all

Til the world ends was the real hit of that album

I know it obviously didnt have a similar impact to songs like Born This Way but it is still a big hit and i feel like the public know it, my friends who arent Britney fans all know this song. And yeah TTWE was probably the bigger hit but i just feel like HIAM is the superior song with my taste.

11 minutes ago, berlinforme said:

Isn't HIAM the decade's song with the biggest second week drop or something?

I'm pretty sure that's Perfect Illusion :rip:

Edit: it's PI indeed, but on the French chart

BeerFear
21 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

HIAM? It doesnt deserve to be on any songs of the decade list. No impact, no longevity, nothing. Your personal taste wont change that 

ApplauseftAdele

Where’s We Found Love, Party Rock Anthem, Super Bass (or Anaconda) , Wake Me Up, Wrecking Ball, Counting Stars, Dark horse, Sorry?

Gangnam Style????

Definitely could’ve chosen better songs and I don’t get how Bad Guy and Sunflower are worthy, they’re just 2019 hits that will probably come and go... 

5 minutes ago, BeerFear said:

HIAM? It doesnt deserve to be on any songs of the decade list. No impact, no longevity, nothing. Your personal taste wont change that 

ok hold on a sec before you start bashing HIAM, most people havent even heard of most of the songs on this list so these songs havent all had that much impact especially in comparison to Britney with Femme Fatale. 

BeerFear
5 minutes ago, UK Monster said:

ok hold on a sec before you start bashing HIAM, most people havent even heard of most of the songs on this list so these songs havent all had that much impact especially in comparison to Britney with Femme Fatale. 

I dont think Britney had that much impact with Femme Fatale to begin with. It was a great album, it produced 2 #1 hits, but I wouldnt say it had any significant impact on the music scene. It was following the standard edm route which was already popular by the time it was released. You are right though, there are many songs here which are not well known, but I still dont think HIAM deserves be on this list (or on any decade end lists for that matter) 

6 minutes ago, BeerFear said:

I dont think Britney had that much impact with Femme Fatale to begin with. It was a great album, it produced 2 #1 hits, but I wouldnt say it had any significant impact on the music scene. It was following the standard edm route which was already popular by the time it was released. You are right though, there are many songs here which are not well known, but I still dont think HIAM deserves be on this list (or on any decade end lists for that matter) 

okay, i respect your opinion and you're right about it fitting into the EDM scene which was already popular at the time but i just feel like Femme Fatale lifted pop to a whole new level, the album was so heavily immersed in the EDM sound and she went a lot more hardcore with proper dub step then almost all of the pop girls at the time, the only one who i can think of who strayed as far away from traditional pop to an EDM sound was Kesha shortly before however with Femme Fatale Britney upped the tempo with most of the songs and shortly after most of the pop scene also took note and fast paced songs were everywhere from LMFAO to Rihanna etc and i feel like even a couple of years after Femme Fatales influence was still making waves including on ARTPOP with songs like Swine sounding like they could fit into Femme Fatale, im sure Swine uses very similar sounds to Seal It With A Kiss, and Donatella reminds me of Trouble For Me and the list could go on. I know people may disagree but its my opinion.

Catnikko
2 hours ago, UK Monster said:

okay, i respect your opinion and you're right about it fitting into the EDM scene which was already popular at the time but i just feel like Femme Fatale lifted pop to a whole new level, the album was so heavily immersed in the EDM sound and she went a lot more hardcore with proper dub step then almost all of the pop girls at the time, the only one who i can think of who strayed as far away from traditional pop to an EDM sound was Kesha shortly before however with Femme Fatale Britney upped the tempo with most of the songs and shortly after most of the pop scene also took note and fast paced songs were everywhere from LMFAO to Rihanna etc and i feel like even a couple of years after Femme Fatales influence was still making waves including on ARTPOP with songs like Swine sounding like they could fit into Femme Fatale, im sure Swine uses very similar sounds to Seal It With A Kiss, and Donatella reminds me of Trouble For Me and the list could go on. I know people may disagree but its my opinion.

the 'dubstep' on FF is the the most watered down pop version of dubstep, I wouldn't call it 'proper dub step' at all :emma:

Actual patient

Archived