💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Can we talk about ARTPOP

ModernEcstasy

Featured Posts

ModernEcstasy

So I have just finished listening to ARTPOP for the second time today (haven’t listened to it for such a long time) and I think it must be my favourite album. 

As soon as it began, I was transported to artRAVE and Swinefest. 
It was such an amazing time To be a Monster (despite it being one of the most difficult times in Gaga’s life). I just want to witness it all over again  

The only track I skip is “Fashion!” And my favourites are “ARTPOP”, “Dope” and “Gypsy”. 

Oh and “Applause” as the closing song is an inspired choice. 

1bdaa718d3192e7dc086b177a228215e.png

mashable.com

source.gif

FfFfFfFF

I truly think is going to be her Erotica in the sense that people will start appreciating it more over time. 

AJRocketMan

I love ARTPOP. I wish she and her team had advertised it differently because the album is not even close to how Gaga promoted it in interviews. It’s a great party record, and should have been treated as such. If Gaga had not been so serious and had been more carefree I think the record would’ve been better received. Bangerz is what ARTPOP could have been.

ModernEcstasy
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I truly think is going to be her Erotica in the sense that people will start appreciating it more over time. 

They better had. I already believe that it gets more love now than it did back then. But that’s probably because people miss the “old Gaga”

FentyGa
1 minute ago, FfFfFfFF said:

word. the stans have caught up, now it’s time for the rest of the world

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, Ladey Gaygay said:

G.U.Y. deserved a top billboard top 10 spot:cryga:

The chorus wasn't enough honnestly. With a real chorus, it could have been one of Gaga's 20 best songs

FfFfFfFF
3 minutes ago, ModernEcstasy said:

They better had. I already believe that it gets more love now than it did back then. But that’s probably because people miss the “old Gaga”

I think it's partially because of the new fans that can separate the album from all the mess that was happening back then and enjoy it solely as a piece of music. Like me. :poot:

Bambino

Since I don't give a **** about charts (I'm also a Paulina Rubio fan and she hasn't had a hit in years), ARTPOP is a great album musically regardless of how it performed on the charts anywhere, I don't care. Now that you look at it, the era, with all of its goods and bads, was at least interesting and all witnessed how Gaga matured into the person she is today.

I skip ManiCure, I don't like her accent there

J&D for obvious reasons

Swine and Dope

ARTPOP is a good album, fun album, but not her best album, it's stuck between the commercial and the experimental, it's like about to bite you but then takes one step back..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

GreenDiamond

Our weekly ARTPOP thread arrived :heart:

This just shows how big impact it had and how wasted potential it was

ModernEcstasy
Just now, River said:

ARTPOP is a good album, fun album, but not her best album, it's stuck between the commercial and the experimental, it's like about to bite you but then takes one step back..

I agree. It is my favourite Gaga album, but I don’t believe it’s her best. 

MelbHawker

ARTPOP is a fun album to listen to.

I just wish that when she released it, she didn't drain lives by positioning it and promoting it as this fantastical, deep, other worldly art piece because it wasn't. It wasn't a deep album. Musically, there was nothing new on it. Vocally, it didn't slay me. The plastic-y sounding vocals present in a few songs still don't sound good to me after years of listening to the songs (Manicure & Sexxx Dreams suffered the most as a result). 

ydnmnme

Just listened to it in full! My favorite album of her (with Joanne, because i never skip any song while listening to these two albums). I always tell people I have three moods- 1-ARTPOP, 2-Joanne and 3- all Gaga albums on shuffle :huntyga:

𝐼 𝒹𝑜𝓃'𝓉 𝓌𝒶𝓃𝓃𝒶 𝒷𝑒 𝒶𝓁𝑜𝓃𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓇, 𝒷𝓊𝓉 𝐼 𝒸𝒶𝓃 𝒷𝑒 𝓉𝑜𝓃𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Archived