• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Arturo

• Americano

• Ozzy8923

• Nick

MDNA has officially been certified Gold after selling 3,000 copies this week and re-entering at No.140 and a 106% increase in sales compared to the previous week. Go Madonna! :party:

Now all 12 of her studio albums are Gold or higher.

That's not something many people can say that have as many studio albums as Madonna has. Or maybe a 30 year career would be better to say.

So did she sell half a million copies or it got shipped?

I am glad Carlae is floppin btw. Don't like her.

Sales.

let's just take a moment and appreciate how great 2011 pop music was

I enjoyed 2011! Two of my favorite artists released 2 of their best albums and there were plenty of new acts this year that had amazing debut albums that I gladly listened to. :flutter: Too bad 2012 has been SO lackluster. The only album this year that has given me some life is MDNA and The Spirit Indestructible (I really like it! :party:)!

I have yet to listen to P!nk and Carly's new albums? Do you guys suggest I give them a listen?

Well I have to give it to Madonna. I might not like her, but to sell half a million copies after 30 yrs in the game is an incredible feat.

Sales.

I enjoyed 2011! Two of my favorite artists released 2 of their best albums and there were plenty of new acts this year that had amazing debut albums that I gladly listened to. :flutter: Too bad 2012 has been SO lackluster. The only album this year that has given me some life is MDNA and The Spirit Indestructible (I really like it! :party:)!

I have yet to listen to P!nk and Carly's new albums? Do you guys suggest I give them a listen?

P!nk? Definitely. A couple of fillers but the the strong songs are just >>>>>>>>>

Carly? Don't waste your time. Mediocre.

heavymlover

Sales.

P!nk's album is pretty good. I'm Not Dead is still my favorite album from her, but TTAL is definitely worth a listen. About Carly's, it is Teenage Dream 2.0 imo.

hausofmike

Well I have to give it to Madonna. I might not like her, but to sell half a million copies after 30 yrs in the game is an incredible feat.

:rip:

Tommymonster44

Sales.

P!nk's album is pretty awesome. I agree with the assessment that it has a few fillers here and there and isn't the best album in her career, but it's still very well done and obviously P!nk.

I can't say that I have listened to Carly's the entire way through - mainly because what I did listen to was complete crap. Every song used the copy and paste method. If you heard Call Me Maybe, your not missing anything on the album.

And personal opinion: 2008-2011 have been some pretty awesome years in the music industry. 2012 hasn't been impressive so far. The only impressive pop album I've heard so far is Lana Del Rey's and Marina and the Diamond's..but they haven't really broke through the market that much.

Edited by Tommymonster44

P!nk's album is pretty awesome. I agree with the assessment that it has a few fillers here and there and isn't the best album in her career, but it's still very well done and obviously P!nk.

I can't say that I have listened to Carly's the entire way through - mainly because what I did listen to was complete crap. Every song used the copy and paste method. If you heard Call Me Maybe, your not missing anything on the album.

And personal opinion: 2008-2011 have been some pretty awesome years in the music industry. 2012 hasn't been impressive so far. The only impressive pop album I've heard so far is Lana Del Rey's and Marina and the Diamond's..but they haven't really broke through the market that much.

Hm I wasn't really impressed with Marina or Lana's albums as wholes :P

So far, P!nk has impressed the most from the 2012 Pop girls.

I think Ke$ha will have a really good album in December as well with Warrior

MDNA has officially been certified Gold after selling 3,000 copies this week and re-entering at No.140 and a 106% increase in sales compared to the previous week. Go Madonna! :party:

Gold? :hehe:

Gold? :hehe:

I think that's pretty good for someone that has been pretty much non-existent in Pop Radio for a quite a few years :)

I think that's pretty good for someone that has been pretty much non-existent in Pop Radio for a quite a few years :)

True, but interesting that the huge success from her tour isn't coinciding with her album sales. I expected at least platinum by now.

Carley's album reeks of old style 80's hits and a lot of it is really really boring.

I need to hear Pink's and I did hear No Doubt tonight on Iheartradio and they rocked. It's awesome when they can rock out to the same music as the record and no lip sync.