Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Lady Gagas Strained Voice

Economy

Featured Posts

TheQueenLG
10 minutes ago, Economy said:

Voices diminish in singers?

Yes. Haven't you heard of a singer's vocal 'prime'? In the build up to their prime, their singing improves, while unfortunately, after their prime, their singing ability diminishes. If you have a great technique this can be avoided to some extent. This Gaga has. However, her smoking, etc. is probably very unhelpful. 

Gaga is super talented, of course, although I think she may be approaching (or has already passed) her vocal prime. That doesn't make her any less great... But that's just the reality of this. 

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lgaga1fan
11 minutes ago, Economy said:

Voices diminish in singers?

Voices change a lot with age and with bad habits (like substance abuse, screaming, etc.) Gaga likes to abuse her voice a lot, and it was fine for awhile until it turned into a habit like it is now. She knows that she's doing it but there's not much we can do as fans about it 

Its obvious that she's been struggling vocally since early 2018, but she's still a great performer

lgaga1fan
2 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

Yes. Haven't you heard of a singer's vocal 'prime'? In the build up to their prime, their singing improves, while unfortunately, after their prime, their singing ability diminishes. If you have a great technique this can be avoided to some extent. This Gaga has. However, her smoking, etc. is probably very unhelpful. 

Gaga is super talented, of course, although I think she may be approaching (or has already passed) her vocal prime. That doesn't make her any less great... But that's just the reality of this. 

I think she's just been overdoing and overusing her voice for a bit and its catching up to her now

Economy
4 minutes ago, TheQueenLG said:

2 minutes ago, lgaga1fan said:

Voices change a lot with age and with bad habits (like substance abuse, screaming, etc.) Gaga likes to abuse her voice a lot, and it was fine for awhile until it turned into a habit like it is now. She knows that she's doing it but there's not much we can do as fans about it 

Its obvious that she's been struggling vocally since early 2018, but she's still a great performer

I know when singer get old they tend to loose some vocal range, pitch and power but i thought it was only after middle age... didnt think it started diminishing so early

JudasJustDance
26 minutes ago, He8MyHeart said:

We're the biggest critics because we know what her voice sounded like at the start of her career when it was crisp and effortless. I'm scared to think what her voice will sound like in 5 years time if she keeps smoking.

her voice right now is muchhh better than it was at the start of her career and that’s a fact:laughga: but if we compare from like 2015-2017  to now yeah it’s declined but she should definitely Reduce the smoking 

That's usually how it goes. I used to stan Whitney and Mariah and their voices declined way before the media caught on. Not saying LG will end up like that, but jsut saying that fans are always the most critical and always notice things first. This is true for every fanbase. This is not a GGD phenomena. 

57 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Mariah Carey can still sing though, not as good as she used to, but her nodules and obviously her age will alter her vocals a bit.

EDIT: Cans :saladga:

QUITE  a bit.  Celine is older and still sings about 95% of what she did in the 90's.  

KatieJudasGaga4
Just now, MACATL said:

QUITE  a bit.  Celine is older and still sings about 95% of what she did in the 90's.  

I disagree. Celine still has a great voice, but its about 65% for the videos I've seen. Again, I didn't say Mariah can sing as good as she did in the 90s, but she can still sing great since people want to say Mariah can't sing after 1997. And Mariah has nodules, so it can be a reason that affects her more.

She's definitely going through a rough spot vocally right now (gagi i love you and i kno youre hurting inside but please take care of yourself), but I'm still optimistic about it bouncing back. Her voice peaked in late 2014/early 2015 with the Oscars prep and quitting smoking, got huskier again throughout 2016, and then came back and was the strongest in her entire career in 2018 during ASIB/JWT. So hopefully she'll get through this tough spot personally right now, get her health back, and get her voice back.

I trust that she'll notice and get herself together, as so far she always has  :tony:

Gaga pushes a lot now in her singing.  What I liked about her when she first came on the scene is that she sang correctly - she was the anti-Christina in that way for me.  She had this crystal clear light tone but would belt when the song/moment called for it.  I think the best examples were her SNL and Ellen performances of Bad Romance on the piano.  Her vocals were mesmerizing.  Now it seems like she's always out to prove that she can SANG, which is what always drove me crazy about Christina (who, by the way, has nearly lost all of her original vocal abilities).  

voices lose their richness with age. they become much less full and kind of tinny. Even happened to Barbra. Cher’s voice is definitely thinner than it was 40 years ago and so is Madonna’s and Mariah’s. It’s normal and just another shitty thing about ageing that cosmetics, surgeries, and wigs can’t fix. 

I always believe that Gaga just had a bad day vocally but then I watched Gaga's recent "Theme from New York New York " performance and I hear her struggling at the high notes. Now it saddens me :ohno:

ι'м ρυℓℓιηg үσυя sтяιηgs

derpmonster
1 hour ago, He8MyHeart said:

We're the biggest critics because we know what her voice sounded like at the start of her career when it was crisp and effortless. I'm scared to think what her voice will sound like in 5 years time if she keeps smoking.

Her vocals have definitely improved since the start of her career. They were husky and strained. And she's back to that. No worse. You should check out some Fame era and Monster Ball era performances where she was performing back to back. That's sort of what she's sounding like now. 

Her peak was 2015 to late 2017 which included some of her best performances, Joanne, SB, recording ASIB music, JWT, Joanne (WDYTYG).

Since then she's deteriorated a little bit. I honestly think a lot of it is easily reversible with proper hydration and cutting down on all that alcohol and smoking.

She's just 33. Her singing can get even better than ASIB-era.

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

derpmonster
1 hour ago, TheQueenLG said:

Well trained singers tend not to deteriorate significantly with time. She can be careful and rework/adjust her technique to be better (it might be a good idea to get another opinion from a new teacher instead of the one she's always had). My voice teacher is in his 50s and he sings better now than he did when he was younger. Tony doesn't sing amazingly anymore but he was almost 90 when he recorded C2C.

8 minutes ago, Maleficent said:

voices lose their richness with age. they become much less full and kind of tinny. Even happened to Barbra. Cher’s voice is definitely thinner than it was 40 years ago and so is Madonna’s and Mariah’s. It’s normal and just another shitty thing about ageing that cosmetics, surgeries, and wigs can’t fix. 

It's too early for that to happen to Gaga's voice. Her voice has actually gained richness. Her strain is different from that. Her tone has improved I would say.

30 minutes ago, MACATL said:

Gaga pushes a lot now in her singing.  What I liked about her when she first came on the scene is that she sang correctly - she was the anti-Christina in that way for me.  She had this crystal clear light tone but would belt when the song/moment called for it.  I think the best examples were her SNL and Ellen performances of Bad Romance on the piano.  Her vocals were mesmerizing.  Now it seems like she's always out to prove that she can SANG, which is what always drove me crazy about Christina (who, by the way, has nearly lost all of her original vocal abilities).  

I think you're a little bit mistaken here. She used to push even back then but her voice was higher and she could get away with pushing at those high notes. Pre-Fame, she even shouted her way through G5s. If you notice in her performances since JWT, ASIB, and now (except the last few), she actually uses her head voice much more instead of belting. That helps make those notes not shouty. She is just used to belting and it's the thing she's most trained in, so she tries to hit D5s and E5 in her full voice. She needs to be more careful and use her head voice and mixed voice for those notes until her voice recovers. And she has done a lot of that lately (again, ignoring the last few performances).

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

TheQueenLG
55 minutes ago, reysus said:

She's definitely going through a rough spot vocally right now (gagi i love you and i kno youre hurting inside but please take care of yourself), but I'm still optimistic about it bouncing back. Her voice peaked in late 2014/early 2015 with the Oscars prep and quitting smoking, got huskier again throughout 2016, and then came back and was the strongest in her entire career in 2018 during ASIB/JWT. So hopefully she'll get through this tough spot personally right now, get her health back, and get her voice back.

I trust that she'll notice and get herself together, as so far she always has  :tony:

This. ^^Agreed with everything. Very good vocal analysis, sis! :firega:

Archived