💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Shallow surpasses Bad Romance (All Time Chart)

Miaou

Featured Posts

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Prismatic Light
4 minutes ago, River said:

giphy.gif

BR right now..

I can't describe how accurate this is :air:

Be kind 🧡

17 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

And people still call Shallow mediocre. Imagine being those people. :laughga:

alWaYS ReMEMbeR uS ThIS wAY Is SO mucH beTTer inTERsCOPe sHoUlD hAve reLEASEd iT inSteAD

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

Chromaticunt
Just now, Red said:

alWaYS ReMEMbeR uS ThIS wAY Is SO mucH beTTer inTERsCOPe sHoUlD hAve reLEASEd iT inSteAD

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

I have to laugh.doc

7 minutes ago, Red said:

Mocking-Spongebob.jpg

6 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

I have to laugh.doc

I'm pretty sure ARUTW or ITA would've sold 8-10M copies as well. Maybe not 15M like Shallow but 10M seems more than possible (especially for ITA if it was included in the movie)

nenhures
5 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I'm pretty sure ARUTW or ITA would've sold 8-10M copies as well. Maybe not 15M like Shallow but 10M seems more than possible (especially for ITA if it was included in the movie)

I think that the right move would've been releasing Shallow as the lead single as is but also investing more time (read: any time at all) promoting ARUTW and ITA. I mean, if without promotion those two charted for so long imagine what it would've been like if good sis made an effort.

KatieJudasGaga4
9 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

I think INLA would've done great too.

2 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I think INLA would've done great too.

Of course! 

Let's remember that when the album came out, iTunes was like:

#1 Shallow

#2 Is That Alright?

#3 I'll Never Love Again (Extended Version)

#4 Always Remember Us This Way

What a moment to be alive… :kara:

7 minutes ago, nenhures said:

I think that the right move would've been releasing Shallow as the lead single as is but also investing more time (read: any time at all) promoting ARUTW and ITA. I mean, if without promotion those two charted for so long imagine what it would've been like if good sis made an effort.

True, but there was the risk of overexposure. She would have done extremely well with two other singles, but LG6 could have been damaged. Now, people remember Shallow and A Star Is Born with positivity, and when LG6 gets released they won't be like "her again???!!??"

Edonis
45 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Fans who say that BR is Gaga's signature hit are full of sh-t. Well, it's not even #2 anymore :ohwell:

I'm not going to start that discussion again because this is not that kind of thread, but commercial success is not the only factor when determining things like iconography or "signature hits". Just saying. :laughga:

And in terms of LG, she has multiple signature hits. She's a mega-star one of the biggest on the planet, not a one-note artist that only has a handful or memorable songs that have stood the test of time. She has a whole discography that suits several different tastes.

6 minutes ago, Edonis said:

I'm not going to start that discussion again because this is not that kind of thread, but commercial success is not the only factor when determining things like iconography or :signature hits". Just saying. :laughga:

And in terms of LG, she has multiple signature hits. She's mega-star, not a one-note artist that only has a handful or memorable songs that have stood the test of time. She has a whole discography that suits several different tastes.

Well, let's say that when it comes to signature hits:

Lady = Shallow

Gaga = Bad Romance

Lady Gaga = Poker Face 

(Lady Gaygay = Born This Way)

:vegas:

Arturo
1 hour ago, FentyGa said:

goes to show, charts =/= impact & influence

happy birthday, BR:selena::vegas:

You’re acting like its Judas dethroning BR.

if you look at this then yes charts do equal impact and influence. Of course this is just one chart though.

Archived