Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You can’t compare Gaga with Billie Eilish

Kimmo

Featured Posts

gagzus

I mean you don’t compare where you don’t compete and Billie definitely doesn’t compete with ANY of the former pop girls. Even Ariana who’s the biggest female artist from the new generation probably, can’t compare or compete with the pop girls from the 2000s tbh.

Pop in general peaked in 2010/11 and has never been the same since, a bit like when pop peaked in the late 80s/early 90s or when Disco culture peaked in the late 70s.

Theres no similarities between Billie and Gaga even remotely tbh. None of the new pop girls have similarities to gaga, bey, britney etc

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, letsgetdirrty said:

In all fairness Pink has never been that huge, she mostly gets a lot of radio hits but I don’t consider her to be a pop phenomenon. You’re right Britney and Beyoncé are pretty huge as well but they were never that popular outside the US unlike Xtina who was a global superstar and her sales are also way more impressive.

But I’m not from the US. Am from Belgium. Beyoncé plays stadiums here. Pink had more then one night sold out in the biggest arena of europe in Antwerp. Britney was almost sold out and Xtina was half empty... I wished I went tho but nobody wanted to go :neyde:

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

TheSlash
19 minutes ago, ThatBinch said:

I'm sorry but no. Gaga was a cultural phenomenon in her peak. My 90 year old grandparents were excitedly waiting to see her in her meat dress on the news. There was a point that everybody and I mean EVERYBODY had an opinion on Lady Gaga. Her music dominated radio. She changed pop music and pop culture. She was a supernatural force and the public interest in her was Michael Jackson levels.

Billie Eilish... just no. Her music and videos are decent but she will not have Lady Gaga's success. 

Yes, we say that after over 10 years of her defining industry and she really did THAT :firega: . But Billie does only have worldwide recognition for not even a year ( yes, she was kinda famous before, but her real breakthrough really was with her debut album and especially bad guy ). I think we have to wait how she will influence pop culture, but I think she has the potential to do that :pray: .

Ew, David!

letsgetdirrty
7 minutes ago, Varys said:

But I’m not from the US. Am from Belgium. Beyoncé plays stadiums here. Pink had more then one night sold out in the biggest arena of europe in Antwerp. Britney was almost sold out and Xtina was half empty... I wished I went tho but nobody wanted to go :neyde:

The only reason why Beyoncé and Britney were able to sell out those arena shows throughout Europe is because Beyoncé had to bring Jay Z along and Britney hadn’t toured Europe since 2011. While Xtina hadn’t toured in almost 13 years so you can’t expect her to pull their same numbers. And just because those artists had more longevity, which is debatable since Liberation outsold both Glory and Everything Is Love, you can’t get around the fact that in her prime Xtina was much bigger than Britney and Beyoncé combined 

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

Just now, letsgetdirrty said:

The only reason why Beyoncé and Britney were able to sell out those arena shows throughout Europe is because Beyoncé had to bring Jay Z along and Britney hadn’t toured Europe since 2011. While Xtina hadn’t toured in almost 13 years. And just because those artists had more longevity, which is debatable since Liberation outsold both Glory and Everything Is Love, you can’t get around the fact that in her prime Xtina was much bigger than Britney and Beyoncé combined 

Maybe bigger then Pink and Beyoncé but not Britney. Doesnt matter they are all Icons.

also Beyoncé performed a solo stadium show here and 4 sold out arena show. Dont credit a man for a womans succes 

letsgetdirrty
8 minutes ago, Varys said:

Maybe bigger then Pink and Beyoncé but not Britney. Doesnt matter they are all Icons.

also Beyoncé performed a solo stadium show here and 4 sold out arena show. Dont credit a man for a womans succes 

But she was bigger than Britney! Genie In a Bottle was a much bigger hit than ...Baby One More Time and all Xtina’s singles from her debut outsold Britney’s singles. And since you wanna bring up touring Xtina’s tour with Pussified outgrossed all of Britney’s tours.

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

1 minute ago, letsgetdirrty said:

But she was bigger than Britney! Genie In a Bottle was a much bigger hit than ...Baby One More Time and all Xtina’s singles from her debut outsold Britney’s singles.

Okay but thats 20 years ago :laughga: its not that deep

letsgetdirrty
16 minutes ago, Varys said:

Okay but thats 20 years ago :laughga: its not that deep

Where was this attitude when you were trying to claim that Britney and Beyoncé were bigger than Xtina :ohwell: I didn’t even have to make an effort to prove you wrong I just had to bring out receipts

23 minutes ago, letsgetdirrty said:

Where was this attitude when you were trying to claim that Britney and Beyoncé were bigger than Xtina :ohwell: I didn’t even have to make an effort to prove you wrong I just had to bring out receipts

Excuse me? 

Where is this anger coming from. I have been nothing but nice to Xtina and all of them. I just shared my opinion because my feeling is that more people know Britney and her songs.

what do you want me to say. Xtina was the biggest star ever 20 years ago? Is your fragile ego satisfied now?

And lmao what recepts? you didnt even show receipts. You just claimed things. Like jay z is the reason she sells out stadiums and other ridiculious claims that nobody under  25 knows Billie.

I wouldnt know if Xtina was bigger 20 -15 years ago because I was just a child and assume judging you by your attitude weren’t even born. 

And I dont care either its not that serious. Like get over it, go outside

have a good day sir

giphy.gif

Daylight Jokers

I don't get the comparison. I get Ava being compared to Gaga, but Billie? She's more like a weirder Avril to me than Gaga.

diamondheartxx

I never see people compare the 2, and when they do, they're most likely comparing the idiosyncrasy 

not everything is a competition.

Glamourpuss

I'm a fan of both and have never compared them. They are both talented but nothing alike. 

Archived