💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

You can’t compare Gaga with Billie Eilish

Kimmo

Featured Posts

i feel like its hard to compare since their style of music can be quite different, both artists are talented in their own way :party:

it was a perfect illusion

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LilyLark

I rarely see them compared, tbh. She's mostly compared to Lana and Fiona, which isn't fair to Billie. Not throwing shade, I like Billie, but she's not as strong as a song-writer as Lana and doesn't have Fiona's writing skills/voice, either. Then again, she's only 17.

giskardsb

Nothing about Billies form of musical art is about vocal range.  completely different types of artists and the music world is better with them both in it.  

PACGAGA

While this thread didn’t go as planned.... 

just wanted to say sum while we’re here. I feel like Billie is going to be THAT girl when she’s older. A lot of people forget she’s 17, imagine having the best selling album of the year so far (in your debut), a #1 song, tons of critical acclaim when it comes to music and tours, a lot of industry support from Alternative/Rock legends, and a lowkey fashion icon (debatable but...) AT SEVENTEEN!! Imagine sis when she’s legal to drink... whew! There’s too much hype for her to flop. Especially since her and Finneas have stated they’re already working on the next record and they’re not a huge fans of keeping fans waiting (this is the downfall for a lot of new artists). She’s gonna be that girl sooner or later. She’s already starting to be that girl, but she’s gonna be THATTT girl.. her used to Ms. Eyelash. 

LilyLark
Just now, PACGAGA said:

just wanted to say sum while we’re here. I feel like Billie is going to be THAT girl when she’s older. A lot of people forget she’s 17, imagine having the best selling album of the year so far (in your debut), a #1 song, tons of critical acclaim when it comes to music and tours, a lot of industry support from Alternative/Rock legends, and a lowkey fashion icon (debatable but...) AT SEVENTEEN!! Imagine sis when she’s legal to drink... whew! There’s too much hype for her to flop. Especially since her and Finneas have stated they’re already working on the next record and they’re not a huge fans of keeping fans waiting (this is the downfall for a lot of new artists). She’s gonna be that girl sooner or later. She’s already starting to be that girl, but she’s gonna be THATTT girl.. her used to Ms. Eyelash. 

Yeah, I see her compared to Lana and Fiona a lot, which is unfair considering her age. She's already pretty strong, and she'll get stronger.

It's like comparing tea with coca cola (not saying 1 is tea or 1 is cola, just an example).. 2 different artists with different artistic vision and music style..

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

letsgetdirrty
48 minutes ago, PACGAGA said:

Hardly anything groundbreaking considering that Xtina was the biggest pop star in the world at the same age and it was a time when social media/streaming wasn’t around so it was harder to become big 

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

PACGAGA
34 minutes ago, letsgetdirrty said:

Hardly anything groundbreaking considering that Xtina was the biggest pop star in the world at the same age and it was a time when social media/streaming wasn’t around so it was harder to become big 

Who mentioned her tho...?

Lord Temptation

Yeah I’ve seen it too and it’s pretty hilarious that kids compare her to Gaga, Fiona, Lorde or anyone.

I don’t like her style at all but it is definitely unique. 

letsgetdirrty
18 minutes ago, PACGAGA said:

Who mentioned her tho...?

I was just giving an example of a pop star who was bigger than Billie at the age of 17, in a time where it was more difficult to blow up internationally. Billie isn’t, at all, as big as Xtina or Gaga in their prime. Also Xtina and Gaga were both by far the biggest celebrities and pop stars of their generation and they were universally well known, while I doubt that anyone over the age of 25 has a clue who she is.

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

FameHookah
4 hours ago, Guillermo Tello said:

72792674_144030570210418_213070852294882

Both look gorgeous omg i live for their fused form hahaha

WTF is MDNA

1 hour ago, letsgetdirrty said:

I was just giving an example of a pop star who was bigger than Billie at the age of 17, in a time where it was more difficult to blow up internationally. Billie isn’t, at all, as big as Xtina or Gaga in their prime. Also Xtina and Gaga were both by far the biggest celebrities and pop stars of their generation and they were universally well known, while I doubt that anyone over the age of 25 has a clue who she is.

Your wrong about that my mom and even my grandpa know her and you here her a lot on the radio. 

Also no shade ( I love Xtina but if you name Britney, Beyoncé Xtina and pink to my friends they would probably know the least about Xtina) 

Banned 04/19/2020 - 04/19/2020

Chromaticunt
4 hours ago, TheSlash said:

Whoever said that is

lady gaga ok GIF

I love Billie and I think she will be the next Lady Gaga when it comes to success. But they're both completely different artists and ffs, they're almost 16 years apart :duck: .

The comparison itself is tragic and pathetic :madge:  :neyde: .

I'm sorry but no. Gaga was a cultural phenomenon in her peak. My 90 year old grandparents were excitedly waiting to see her in her meat dress on the news. There was a point that everybody and I mean EVERYBODY had an opinion on Lady Gaga. Her music dominated radio. She changed pop music and pop culture. She was a supernatural force and the public interest in her was Michael Jackson levels.

Billie Eilish... just no. Her music and videos are decent but she will not have Lady Gaga's success. 

Economy

Vocally i havent heard anyone compare her to Gaga :duck:

its her being a standout, weird and talanted that is kind of the comparison

letsgetdirrty
16 minutes ago, Varys said:

Your wrong about that my mom and even my grandpa know her and you here her a lot on the radio. 

Also no shade ( I love Xtina but if you name Britney, Beyoncé Xtina and pink to my friends they would probably know the least about Xtina) 

In all fairness Pink has never been that huge, she mostly gets a lot of radio hits but I don’t consider her to be a pop phenomenon. You’re right Britney and Beyoncé are pretty huge as well but they were never that popular outside the US unlike Xtina who was a global superstar and her sales are also way more impressive.

Archived