💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Rupaul's Celebrity Drag Race 2020

Borislshere

Featured Posts

Borislshere

Rupaul’s empire is expanding. On Tuesday, the Emmy-winning TV host and drag queen announced that his flagship franchise, RuPaul’s Drag Race, has inspired a spinoff series with all celebrity guest competitors, titled RuPaul’s Celebrity Drag Race. The show will launch in 2020.

“Doing drag does not change who you are, it reveals who you are,” Ru said in a press release. “I can’t wait for the world to see what happens when our celebrity contestants get all up in drags!”

Each episode of the show will revolve around three celebrity guests who undergo a drag transformation, aided by Drag Race alumni like: Alyssa Edwards, Asia O’Hara, Bob the Drag Queen, Kim Chi, Monét X Change, Monique Heart, Nina West, Trinity the Tuck, Trixie Mattel and Vanessa Vanjie Mateo. The celebrities will compete for the holy title of America’s Next Celebrity Drag Superstar as well as prize money, which will be donated to the charity of their choice.

RuPaul’s Drag Race has featured a slew of famous celebrity guest judges ever since it launched in 2009. Past celebrity guests have included Lady Gaga, Miley Cyrus, Lizzo, and Marc Jacobs. There have also been special cameos from a number of celebrated figures, including a surprising appearance from Nancy Pelosi in 2018, who used her time on the show to encourage people to vote.

RuPaul’s Celebrity Drag Race is the latest spinoff from the popular drag series. There is also an All Stars edition of the show, which sees past queens reunite and compete against each other, and the short-lived Drag U, which saw queens give drag makeovers to women. There are also one-off holiday specials and two drag conventions in New York and Los Angeles that further extend the Runiverse. The core series has been a cultural phenomenon, moving from original network Logo to VH1 in 2017 and hitting a new ratings high the following year. The show has won 13 Emmys, including best reality competition series and best host (for RuPaul) this past September.

Spoiler

essentially Drag U 2.0

source.gif

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/10/rupauls-celebrity-drag-race-new-show

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Borislshere
4 minutes ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

I'm not gonna lie... this sounds awful. 

EGVLAVLVUAI-SUZ.jpg

100 percent. Drag U was an absolute mess and this is basically the same thing but replace the middle aged moms with celebrities. 

Can you imagine a Gaga vs Madonna lipsync for your life tho

:air:

Can’t wait to see what celebs actually agreed to do this, that is a massive load of work.

RahrahWitch

I never thought I'd say this but It's just too much :air: Drag Race, All Stars, Drag Race UK and now Celebrity Drag Race.. 

This would all be completely fine but it's constant to the point were Seasons of each are feeling less Genuine, I don't know just my opinion (Don't hate me, I love RPDR:giveup:)

ltlmnstr
Just now, RahrahWitch said:

I never thought I'd say this but It's just too much :air: Drag Race, All Stars, Drag Race UK and now Celebrity Drag Race.. 

This would all be completely fine but it's constant to the point were Seasons of each are feeling less Genuine, I don't know just my opinion (Don't hate me, I love RPDR:giveup:)

Gurl Canada and Australia is about to launch too

Like the queens we see more and more are gonna be 6 month old baby queen to be sent home in the first 5 episodes lmao

I am exhausted

RahrahWitch
4 minutes ago, ltlmnstr said:

Gurl Canada and Australia is about to launch too

Like the queens we see more and more are gonna be 6 month old baby queen to be sent home in the first 5 episodes lmao

I am exhausted

What?! Okay wow umm.. Add that to the watch list too I suppose :saladga:

How are the Newer Queens supposed to make their mark and stay relevant when new seasons are popping up every damn month. :(

chromaticainmyhead

This overexposure is doing more harm than good imo

fan-tas-tique, chic, freak, slaaaay

blackpink

I don’t get it, so it’s using past season queens to makeover 3 “celebrities” an episode? And the worst past season queen of the episode goes home each week? 

PopEmergency
8 minutes ago, RahrahWitch said:

What?! Okay wow umm.. Add that to the watch list too I suppose :saladga:

How are the Newer Queens supposed to make their mark and stay relevant when new seasons are popping up every damn month. :(

Drag Race Germany, or as the correct title "Queen of Drags" has been confirmed as well, don't think it's licensed under RuPauls Drag Race tho  :laughga:  But that's probably not going to have a big of an impact since it's going to be in german (Heidi Klum will be the main host)

25 minutes ago, Borislshere said:

100 percent. Drag U was an absolute mess and this is basically the same thing but replace the middle aged moms with celebrities. 

Drag U was messy BUT the queens were always so charming.

If they don't edit this to become a suburban-diluted mess, and let the charm of the queens take it away, then we might be fine. I think that's why I like DRUK so much... so far.

3 points in and ready for more

LateToCult

Only excited about Drag Race Australia if Bianca Del Rio is attached. For this show I would only tune in for Kim Chi, Bob, Vanjie, and Alyssa

Archived