question

Why is Hive vs. Monsters a thing?

HoneyB

Featured Posts

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StarstruckIllusion

Bc each fan base wants their fave to be the best and Gaga and Beyoncé are really the best of our gen. With Gaga catching up every day. Issa mess fo real...

ELECTROHEART

Our egos :ally:

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Ally Campana

Stan culture, female artist, both at the top of their game, toxic stans that start **** on social media and get the other fanbase riled up. 

Does it matter? Damage is done

Ever since Beyonce started taking her artistry and strong feminist image a little more seriously in 2013, I just remember the Hive and monsters starting a rivalry. One side then got too big for their boots and the other side watched their fave on a steep decline. A few little monsters, as we know, had a reputation of being problematic. All fanbases have them tho. A clash happened. Hive started acting like Beyonce was the Second Coming of Christ, and they still do, she herself sometimes acted like she was in my opinion (Arriving on stage like a goddess, some of the stuck-up lyrics from the Carters album do not resonate well with me. Neither does some of her ego comments: "I worked harder than probably anyone I know, at least in the music industry", "I'm more powerful than even my mind can digest". Clashes happened when monsters called out that crap and revelled in Gaga's ever humble attitude. Gaga getting so much success so quickly, only a decade in to her career when Beyonce is supposed to be top dog did not sit well with the Hive. It doesn't help that the media overblow Beyonce's ego and image to propellant heights.

I love their music. They themselves set a standard for the rest. Beyonce is Beyonce, league of her own, but Gaga is also in her own league and while I still think Gaga is way more talented and all rounded as an artist, Beyonce is Beyonce and both are equal in many ways. There's no power female that come near them. Adele and Taylor may sell but they don't have the alpha aura like the other two. And fanbases unfortunately fight.

SPARTACUS

I'm a devoted member of both tribes so I know exactly why...

1.  (The majority of) Beyoncé stans can not stand when Bey has to share the spotlight with anyone.  It's the reason they trash Aaliyah; they can't stand to know that even though Beyoncé is Queen of the castle, Aaliyah owns an entire wing of said castle.

2.  (The majority of) Beyoncé stans are pissed  Gaga came outta nowhere and her first 3 albums were nominated for AOTY, when Bey had to wait until her 3rd solo to get her first AOTY nom.  "The audacity of this girl achieving that out the gate when Bey's been in the game since the late 90's!"

3.  (The majority of) Beyoncé stans are pissed that "Gaga stole Beyoncé's Oscar!" since Bey was attached to the project first.

4.  Monsters attack Bey (whether they realize it or not) simply because The Hive trashes Gaga.

Am I saying The Hive started it?  Yes, yes I am... :lolga:

-𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐄𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐌𝐀™

Daylight Jokers

I'm more of a Gaga fan, but I really do appreciate Beyonce as an artist. Girl is  a perfectionist and I love people that are very passionate about their craft. I don't get the stan war as these two are pretty good friends.

Venus Rose

It will never stop. Gaga and Bey are both great artists, but theres always toxic people in every fandom (even though we're more like a family of cult members :huntyga:). Sad, but true.

Widows Kiss

Because one of those women is actually a talented musician while the other one is just smoke and mirrors with media propaganda.

letsgetdirrty

Stan wars are not that serious. I mean let’s not act like straight men don’t spend their days fighting about football players and stuff like that 

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

xoxo Craig

My issue with Beyoncé and her stans is that they act so pretentious, arrogant, and act like Bey descended from the heavens as the 2nd coming of Christ. And if you aren't with the crowd who kiss her feet, then you are called a racist. They get annoyed that Gaga (or anyone) can match Bey, dare I say even overtake Bey. They don't like the fact that Gaga can actually act, and got an Oscar and rebounded after ARTPOP. Now of course I am generalisating here, but I have seen this from countless Bey stans. 

Personally I do not see what makes her special, or more special than anyone else. I don't like the whole "Queen B" shtick, I don't like the tone of her voice, her voice sounds good but not the best vocalist of all time like they keep saying, and even if I was more into the dancing side of things then Bey's dancing has been stiff and her most iconic dance move is literally moving the arms to the beat of the song (Single Ladies) compared to Bad Romance for example which is more complex. But this is my opinion. I don't like the fact she gets praise for literally breathing, though that has fizzled out a bit after Elton John called The Lion King (2019) the worst movie he has seen, and her album sales as of recent. 

End Racism Now

Prismatic Light
2 hours ago, Talenti said:

First of all, these woman are COMPLETELY different artists when it comes to their music, performances, and videos. Why are they compared at all?:oprah:

We can tell this about literally everyone tbh. For example Katy and Gaga are literally 10000% different, still monsters love to bully Katy to death for no reason. Madonna Fans bully monsters just for a similar song between the two, and other fanbases hate each other just because their faves maybe had a feud once or debuted in the same years, so they're constantly put against each other by media.

In general... People just put their represse anger and sadness in hate comments towards other people and celebrities online, imo. I really don't get how some people online really care about these stupid feuds and fanbase wars. 

Be kind 🧡

JazzGa

Are there any stanbases who actually like each other/work together? Do KPOP stans do that? 

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

Archived