ūüíď Official visual for Ashnikko's remix of "Plastic Doll" ūüíď

politics

Trudeau Wins Re-Election By Minority

Economy

Featured Posts

Economy
24 minutes ago, JustinTrudeau said:

What a good morning everyone! :D 

I can change my title to Prime Minister again. Looking forward to serving GGD for the next 4 years as well in my lunch breaks in Ottawa :)

Congrats :D

its a minority Government tho which means 4 years is unlikely :awkney:

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, box said:

Omg, sorry. I was on the wrong topic. I thought you said gurl bye to phoebe buffet who is deleting her account. Not a great day. Sorry:saladga:

That is sad, hope she is ok :pray: :kara:

Don’t need to be sorry sis :hug: :kiss:

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Economy said:

Agreed hes a people pleaser. Im no Trudeau or Liberal fan

but im more concerned with the party as a whole than i al with Trudeau as a person

For example the Green Party leader Elizabeth May seems like the most genuine person but it doesnt mean id ever vote for her cuz her extreme policies would impoverish Canada in a snap. They make the NDP seem like extreme Capitalists by comparison and the NDP are already considered a Left Leaning party

Anyway I disliked the alternatives more so while im not too pleased with the Liberals im glad they won

usually i support the Conservatives but this time around they promised too mamy little wasteful things i didnt agree with not to mention a couple of their ideas to tackle the housing crisis i feel could actually make matters worse

Overall taxation plans and the major policies that affect the economy the most is actually pretty similar between both parties (Trudeaus party is Centre Wing not left so its not a polar opposite to the Conservatives) so it doesnt make a big difference anyway

Exept for the Carbon tax which is the one major thing, everything else they disagree on is little pocketbook issues which i actually disagree with the Conservatives on this time around

Corporate taxes, business taxes and income taxes as well as most regulation would stay mostly the same under both parties with only minor adjustments depending on who won

if the NDP or Green Party won, then the changes would be bigger

Same situation here in Australia. The two major parties are pretty similar, even though the mainstream media does a great job of portraying some sort of opposition between the two. 

Labor has even recently started publicly supporting Liberal policies they formerly were against. Honestly, the two-party system is a crock and creates this illusion of choice when really they’re secretly doing deals with each other. 

F*ck them both. The issues that matter most to the country (water security, high energy, food and property prices) are being swept under the rug, and instead we get daily coverage of near shark attacks, car accidents and refugee demonising.

I wish political parties were banned, and instead we just got individuals who think for themselves. Not a kleptocracy of technocrats with collective groupthink.

Economy
3 hours ago, Lord Temptation said:

Same situation here in Australia. The two major parties are pretty similar, even though the mainstream media does a great job of portraying some sort of opposition between the two. 

Labor has even recently started publicly supporting Liberal policies they formerly were against. Honestly, the two-party system is a crock and creates this illusion of choice when really they’re secretly doing deals with each other. 

F*ck them both. The issues that matter most to the country (water security, high energy, food and property prices) are being swept under the rug, and instead we get daily coverage of near shark attacks, car accidents and refugee demonising.

I wish political parties were banned, and instead we just got individuals who think for themselves. Not a kleptocracy of technocrats with collective groupthink.

Same. The biggest issues arent being talked about and the entire campaign focused more on trivial matters and promisses of a few tax credits here or spending there but nothing major or structural

Lord Temptation
13 minutes ago, Economy said:

Same. The biggest issues arent being talked about and the entire campaign focused more on trivial matters and promisses of a few tax credits here or spending there but nothing major or structural

Maybe when Facebook becomes a branch of the government, we will see some type of change. Like full on massive upheaval. Like maybe forcing every voter to have a public Facebook profile AND a private one. The internet offers so many opportunities for us to retake democracy. But everyone has to be involved.

Florian
53 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

Maybe when Facebook becomes a branch of the government, we will see some type of change. Like full on massive upheaval. Like maybe forcing every voter to have a public Facebook profile AND a private one. The internet offers so many opportunities for us to retake democracy. But everyone has to be involved.

What has Facebook to do with all of that? :rip: 

Lord Temptation
16 minutes ago, Florian said:

What has Facebook to do with all of that? :rip: 

It‚Äôs been in the news lately that Mark Zuckerberg has been meeting with Conservatives as well as giving advice to Pete¬†Buttigieg. This has generated controversy about privacy and over advertising and self-censorship. It seems inevitable that¬†social media, cybersecurity¬†and the government¬†are merging, as Facebook becomes a defacto ‚Äúinformational‚ÄĚ branch of government, along with the traditional legislative, judicial and executive.

Essentially, this fourth branch of power would become the fastest, most democratic and most transparent. 

JustinTrudeau
12 hours ago, Economy said:

Congrats :D

its a minority Government tho which means 4 years is unlikely :awkney:

Welp, you're right  :awkney: here for a good time, not a long time.

I fell down the stairs once as an actor.

Archived