Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

why is gaga doing ice baths

June

Featured Posts

RAMROD
21 minutes ago, June said:

why is gaga doing ice baths???????

It is commonly done after exercise. On some great posh gyms, they would have these soak pols for their members to use after they do heavy exercise routines. And I suppose it is helpful for Gaga's condition too, since it rehabilitates the muscles. 

COLD PLUNGE POOLS

The low water temperatures in cold water plunge pools help minimize muscle inflammation. Used post exercise, athletes gain the beneficial effects of micro traumas without the pain of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscles Soreness).

HOT PLUNGE POOLS

Hot plunge tanks used before working out help increase blood flow, flexibility and loosen muscles.  Increased flexibility leads to less muscle strain and a more productive exercise session

CONTRAST THERAPY

This post workout technique uses both hot and cold water plunge pools. The premise behind contrast therapy it is that muscles constrict in cold water and blood vessels expand in a hot water. By systematically moving from a cold water tank to a hot water tank, blood flow increases which stimulates circulation.  As this occurs muscles flush out inflammation mediators, accelerating the healing process and decreasing the long term effects of DOMS.

Hot and cold plunge pools create the ultimate conditioning, recovery and rehabilitation environment.  The cold plunge pool’s chiller keeps water temperatures at a therapeutic 50°F (10°C) to control joint inflammation and enhance muscle recovery. The hot plunge pool keeps the water at temperatures up to 104°F (40°C) to help muscles relax.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

5 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

It is commonly done after exercise. On some great posh gyms, they would have these soak pols for their members to use after they do heavy exercise routines. And I suppose it is helpful for Gaga's condition too, since it rehabilitates the muscles. 

COLD PLUNGE POOLS

The low water temperatures in cold water plunge pools help minimize muscle inflammation. Used post exercise, athletes gain the beneficial effects of micro traumas without the pain of DOMS (Delayed Onset Muscles Soreness).

HOT PLUNGE POOLS

Hot plunge tanks used before working out help increase blood flow, flexibility and loosen muscles.  Increased flexibility leads to less muscle strain and a more productive exercise session

CONTRAST THERAPY

This post workout technique uses both hot and cold water plunge pools. The premise behind contrast therapy it is that muscles constrict in cold water and blood vessels expand in a hot water. By systematically moving from a cold water tank to a hot water tank, blood flow increases which stimulates circulation.  As this occurs muscles flush out inflammation mediators, accelerating the healing process and decreasing the long term effects of DOMS.

Hot and cold plunge pools create the ultimate conditioning, recovery and rehabilitation environment.  The cold plunge pool’s chiller keeps water temperatures at a therapeutic 50°F (10°C) to control joint inflammation and enhance muscle recovery. The hot plunge pool keeps the water at temperatures up to 104°F (40°C) to help muscles relax.

oh... ok. cool. 

so she does cold then hot

RAMROD
8 minutes ago, June said:

oh... ok. cool. 

so she does cold then hot

Yes. She also seems to do extra steps with that contraption thingy after that.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Just now, June said:

ok im guessing because i read just now that it "helps stimulate the vagus nerve" so the vagus nerve is something in the brain that helps you become more aware of your body. perhaps this is the reason ~~ to heighten awareness of self & others? wow i didn't know i was so smart. so it increases her psychic ability

yeah the vag nerve for sure :bon:

ice heard one side from above

gagaschickens

she maybe likes cold..?

リのひ ᄃム刀'イ 尺乇ムり イんノ丂, ᄃム刀 リのひ?

It really helps with muscular pain and anxiety/stress. I’ll do them once a week or every two weeks to manage mine. It sounds bizarre but once you do it you realize how nice it is.

1 hour ago, Sneaky Oliver said:

Because she’s the new host to the Mind Flayer and he likes it cold. :hor:

ommfg lmao 

www.kalderone.com

Reject False Icons

If you body switches from hot to cold to hot in such a little time. Isn’t it probable that you catch a flu or get pneumonia or something like this? I’m not too versed in these topics

7 minutes ago, Dream Rider said:

If you body switches from hot to cold to hot in such a little time. Isn’t it probable that you catch a flu or get pneumonia or something like this? I’m not too versed in these topics

It’s the opposite if you’re doing it right. It’s not like you’re jumping in an ice bath  unprepared, It’s a long process of making your body adapt to a lower temperature and as the result you will get a stronger immune system and won’t feel cold 

mmmmonster

I have a friend who's an Olympic athlete and she follows a similar post-practice routine, alternating between ice/hot foot baths and hot/cold compresses, and then a physical therapist would work on her full body.  It eases the pain and inflammation resulting from high-intensity movements, so I'm not surprised that LG does something similar given the intensity of her shows and her past injuries.  That full-body ice bath must be PAINFUL though, at least for the first few minutes.  Kudos to her for taking care of herself!

SharkmanthaC
8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

COLD PLUNGE POOLS

HOT PLUNGE POOLS

CONTRAST THERAPY

There are some really nice spas that also have these.  The spa where we had our honeymoon had some of these things.  Also a chilled shower. 

she/her/hers

Archived