💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
achievement

Happy birthday, Joanne!

Franch Toast

Featured Posts

ProdigyARTPOP

I will always love Joanne,

it’s a record that can be played from beginning to end and not lose any quality.

not to mention that it brought us the SĂșper Bowl, the VS Fashion Show walk, and the Joanne World Tour 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Pop Music

Such a magical time in my life when this came out. It was such a time to be a monster and I hold this era close to my heart. :heart:

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

1 hour ago, skedaddleBItCh said:

Happy Birthday Joanne!!:kara:

First Gaga Album I listened to:kara:

Same! :firega:

Happy Birthday Joanne!!! Blow out your circle cake and kiss John Wayne one last time! :pawsup: :heart:

Sugar Baby

Happy birthday Joanne you are very underrated and yet you won a grammy

I listen to this album more often than ARTPOP, ASIB, Cheek to Cheek and The Fame 

SHALLOW

I remember losing my s*** and being undecided about what song to listen first entirely since i had already listened to the leaks:huntyga:

phantasmas

Come to Mama and Just Another Day are my faves

love the Beatle-esque sound with pre-Fame Gaga vocals *chefs kiss*

Suspiria

The era that almost made me unstan:diane:

Seriously it made me question whether or not any of the things she'd done in the past were actually her and not just her team/other people. And she seemed to just be completely going back on everything that made her so interesting to me - Joanne very much felt like her giving in to the critics and GP asking her to "take off the meat dress!!!" "show us the REAL you", when she'd spent her whole career showing us the beauty and power of artifice.

Onto the next era please. Hopefully LG6 will finally revive the effervescent and passionate New York art geek/fashion junkie. Enough of the "I'm just so humbled and honored to be here", woe-is-me interviews and basic piano ballads. Seems like she's moving in the right direction for sure.

Gagaloo911

Happy birthday Joanne! 

Gaga's most honest and mature album and one which I enjoyed so much and still enjoy today. :golfclap:

Tom Nook

Happy Birthday to one of the best and personal albums of all time :party:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcuXoMhQCffDLwKZiHoh5

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

xoxo Craig
2 hours ago, Suspiria said:

The era that almost made me unstan:diane:

Seriously it made me question whether or not any of the things she'd done in the past were actually her and not just her team/other people. And she seemed to just be completely going back on everything that made her so interesting to me - Joanne very much felt like her giving in to the critics and GP asking her to "take off the meat dress!!!" "show us the REAL you", when she'd spent her whole career showing us the beauty and power of artifice.

Onto the next era please. Hopefully LG6 will finally revive the effervescent and passionate New York art geek/fashion junkie. Enough of the "I'm just so humbled and honored to be here", woe-is-me interviews and basic piano ballads. Seems like she's moving in the right direction for sure.

Joanne was not her giving in to the critics who were calling her weird, but rather an album full of healing and figuring out what Stefani wanted. At the time of release, Gaga would have been on the go as "Gaga" for 8 years straight. Imagine how much energy it would take, and how tired she was of it... especially after ARTPOP and the catastrophic events that happend in that era.  Gaga HAD to make Joanne to take a moment to breathe and to reflect/heal. I mean, literally she has said she was contemplating wether or not to quit music in 2014/2015. She still had several crazy/weird moments in the Joanne era to show all of us that she never went away.  

It was never a 'Shallow' move on her part to give in to anybody just to gain an ounce of relevancy. Joanne never gets enough credit interms of how important it is in Gaga's career. Personally, listening back to Joanne in 2019, the songs feel unfinished and almost like the entire album is full of demos... and you can hear how smoking had effected her vocals. Its a good thing she stopped because her vocals on ASIB sound x10000000 better. I much prefer the piano version of Joanne to the album version.

If you look at Enigma performances or Jazz & Piano performances, you can see that the 'crazy bitch' is still there and very much a live. And her acceptance speeches are fine, she never expected the success of ASIB/Shallow... nor did she expect to win a grammy for Joanne! 

End Racism Now

Suspiria
23 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Joanne was not her giving in to the critics who were calling her weird, but rather an album full of healing and figuring out what Stefani wanted. At the time of release, Gaga would have been on the go as "Gaga" for 8 years straight. Imagine how much energy it would take, and how tired she was of it... especially after ARTPOP and the catastrophic events that happend in that era.  Gaga HAD to make Joanne to take a moment to breathe and to reflect/heal. I mean, literally she has said she was contemplating wether or not to quit music in 2014/2015. She still had several crazy/weird moments in the Joanne era to show all of us that she never went away.

Well I guess we just have different perspectives... ARTPOP was a mess because people and critics were getting tired of her, they wanted her to stop the theatrics and costumes and dance pop, and just be 'normal', and a shallow idea of 'authentic', so that's exactly what she did. Had she done this after TFM, it would've been a different story. But given that she did it just after all the ARTPOP backlash, to me it reads very much as a defeated career move. She got sick of all the criticism  (which is what was making her want to quit pop music), so she just did what they wanted.

I'm not saying for a second she didn't actually want to do Joanne, it's clear that she did. But it just seems to me that she was really affected by the GP and critics at that time, and convinced herself that they were right. It was the sensible and easy road - do something safe and simple and risk free. But by doing that she ended up producing something just very uninteresting and unexciting - which is shown quite clearly by the fact it received lukewarm reviews, isn't overly loved by her fans, and is her worst selling album to date.

I hope I'm not coming across as rude here btw:laughga: obviously neither of us are wrong here, it's just opinions and perspective. I wish I was able to see things more positively like you but I'm just a total pessimist in general:emma:

xoxo Craig
14 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

Well I guess we just have different perspectives... ARTPOP was a mess because people and critics were getting tired of her, they wanted her to stop the theatrics and costumes and dance pop, and just be 'normal', and a shallow idea of 'authentic', so that's exactly what she did. Had she done this after TFM, it would've been a different story. But given that she did it just after all the ARTPOP backlash, to me it reads very much as a defeated career move. She got sick of all the criticism  (which is what was making her want to quit pop music), so she just did what they wanted.

I'm not saying for a second she didn't actually want to do Joanne, it's clear that she did. But it just seems to me that she was really affected by the GP and critics at that time, and convinced herself that they were right. It was the sensible and easy road - do something safe and simple and risk free. But by doing that she ended up producing something just very uninteresting and unexciting - which is shown quite clearly by the fact it received lukewarm reviews, isn't overly loved by her fans, and is her worst selling album to date.

I hope I'm not coming across as rude here btw:laughga: obviously neither of us are wrong here, it's just opinions and perspective. I wish I was able to see things more positively like you but I'm just a total pessimist in general:emma:

From my perspective, ARTPOP was a mess because of her team not allowing her to do exactly what she wanted, and the whole Troy Carter situation. Gaga, during ARTPOP, had this "I dont care what you think of me" attitude towards the critics. The whole "I dont write music to be popular, I dont write music for the charts" was emphasised during ARTPOP, and I sincerely doubt she would change her mindset just because a few people don't get it. She wanted to quit because she fell into depression after her team/manager that was with her from the start abandoned her, it was nothing to do with what other people think about her music, and had it not been for Tony sparking something in her with Jazz music, things coupd be completely different

Joanne marked her return to pop music, and it felt like she wanted to share a more personal side of things, for her and her fans benefit... not because thats what the GP wanted. Tbh, the GP just wanted to see another pop star fall... like what they did with Katy Perry. I do think Joanne was a risk, especially because most people thought she was going country for the album :rip:  If she wanted a safer route, she could of had an album full of 'The Cure' s  :poot:  And it was pretty divisive in the fan base

You aren't coming accross as rude at all. It is just opinions and perspectives, but sometimes I feel like its easy as fans who adore her to think negatively about certain things in her career... like with Haus Labs atm people are saying "its just a money grab situation".  Its good to debate and get eachothers views on topics

End Racism Now

The Bling
41 minutes ago, Suspiria said:

:applause:

I wish I could add more to it but you already said everything

I did unstan though, I'm still perched for what she has in store for us. I'm praying she has reconnected with her concepts and ideas, and this time she's really inspired for this next record. I have high hopes considering the amount of time she's taking with it, but we'll have to wait and see

Sigmund Freud, analyze this

Archived