💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
throwback

Signature facial expressions

Galvon

Featured Posts

Oke I feel quite original for making this topic :ladyhaha:, since its a bit specific. May sound even a bit creepy, but were here allready talking about her everyday, so why not?:ohwell: Also I like to draw things (especialy faces) and I use to draw Gaga on a daily basis a few years ago, so I'm focused on these kind of details.

Gaga had different vibes through out her eras. Not only with her music and her fashionstyle, but also her attitude. Wich is normal cause we all act different in different situations. But, I'm talking about some of her facial expressions that were prominent in each era.

The Fame era: she went for looking cute, little cute mouth (mostly half closed).  

278512f7f7b2f5e5a09108fcf50e968f.jpgladygagapaparazzi.pngladygagastyle44.jpgtumblr_otveqmzYAt1qlsd9ho4_250.jpg

Spoiler

And she use to do this thing with her lower jaw a lot.

71c25e5010c8c4f6c79ba775131cff9d.jpgOliver_Rauh_2009_Photoshoot_for_Billboar

The Fame Monster era: she used to have this ''I am such a  patient, humble  and nice person'' face when she smiled. She just looked so happy, and sweet and it really was a motherly expression. I feel like this actually was a mother monster face. I haven;t seen her make this expression since the late Born This Way era. (Idk if thats a good thing)

giphy.gifGagaCrop31-1.jpg giphy.gif

(This look at Jonathan Ross show is one of my absolute favorite looks she ever wore btw. Its soo good!!!)

The Born This Way era:  I can't remember which face stood out in this era. The teeth faces have been prominent since the end of TF era, and I think became the signature Gaga face for at least until the ARTPOP era. With the monster paw.

1121019-lady-gaga-chart-617-409.jpg

The ARTPOP era: she had this wide eyed happy sometimes goofy childlike expressions.

tumblr_myg1hybwIS1r924lto2_r1_250.gifFRrg-d.gifhqdefault.jpg

The Joanne era: here she had this ''I'm a regular girl in the desert and l'm in my thirties now, so f*** off!'' face

lady-gaga-beats-1.jpg.5b7b5633dfd293544e

Idk what tag to put on this topic but Its a throwback I guess. I love nostalgic topics.:awesome:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love her big ARTPOP era doe eyes!!! I thought she was the most gorgeous and youthful looking!! How she transitioned from that into the Joanne era looks leaves me speechless! Complete 180! But I love them all! 

1 minute ago, Renie said:

Love her big ARTPOP era doe eyes!!! I thought she was the most gorgeous and youthful looking!! How she transitioned from that into the Joanne era looks leaves me speechless! Complete 180! But I love them all! 

Well I wasn't sure what expressions were prominent during the C2C era. I guess she still had her girly ARTPOP faces but she got more serieus looking wen she started acting in AHS. I remember her saying somewhere that during that time she really became the countes herself and wasn't allways very nice or something like that. So I guess that role kind of broke the attitude. And I guess because Joanne was meant as more toned  down en  serious, she didn't have that big ass smile all the time anymore. (I also didn't look for ASIB or ENIGMA era faces since that we are kind of still in that at the moment.)

Quartz

ARTPOP might have been a mess; but, she looked really gorgeous.

Those eyes and her sweetness were really sexy.

Inside, we are really made the same. 🕊

Sneaky Oliver

I have thought about that too! Especially The Fame Monster era, she had this “humble, happy and grateful” look in her eyes. She used to seem so shy and talk with a low sweet voice. 

During BTW she had a fierce look like “look how intelligent and powerful I am” and she became more playful during interviews and stuff compared to the two previous era. I think she expressed a very comfortable feeling.

ARTPOP was a huge departure from her old behavior. She was very confident and talkative, all smiles and trying her best to sound the most eloquent she could

During Joanne  I think she tried to sound less “on control” of herself. She smiles and laughs a lot, her voice sounds relaxed, she got a lot of new mannerisms and she got a very serious look in her eyes like a “keeping-it-real” attitude. She was very “free” in general 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

FameHookah
3 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

And then we have the ASIB era faces. Most of them look so fake tbh and so do her interviews :oops:

Yep that and the fact that she overdoes these head/hand movements a lot now (hauslabs event)

WTF is MDNA

26 minutes ago, FameHookah said:

Yep that and the fact that she overdoes these head/hand movements a lot now (hauslabs event)

Wait, what exactly do you mean with head/hand movements? What did I miss? I'm actually very curious rn. :sweat:

JazzGa

Neat observations! Artists have to pay attention to a lot of "creepy" details in order to become good at drawing different faces. She definitely had a certain defining expression for each era, and her makeup looks and beauty treatments helped sculpt that.

For example, ARTPOP-ga had face tape around her eyes and hairline, to give her smiling, upward-slanting eyes and the remnants of her first fillers helped enhance the youthful voluptuous look.  She mastered this innocent, parted lip smile during this era! I associate this particular smile with ARTPOP:

5c9372c22a000052024ebdbe.jpeg?ops=scalef

2015 AHS era Gaga's signature facial expression was, of course, the stone-faced Vampire Queen! There was a lot of speculation that Gaga got most of her facial work done during this era, but how much was really Botox and how much was intentional vampire vibes?

c61e4ab8f67c62d2ebe9d1a8989e8b48.gif

Then I associate 2018 Ally-Ga with a new, angular, feline face. Her cheekbones and brows look broader than ever before, which gives her this new upside-down triangle face which is gorgeous but different. Sarah enhances the broad upper face by sweeping Gaga's eyebrow contouring out below the temples and blending it out and up. You can see the new eyebrow contouring the most clearly in her Golden Globes look and in the ASIB "Can I touch your nose?" scene.

Lady-Gaga-Blue-Hair-Golden-Globes.jpg

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with BrianđŸŽș and SteveđŸŽ·

FameHookah
30 minutes ago, Galvon said:

Wait, what exactly do you mean with head/hand movements? What did I miss? I'm actually very curious rn. :sweat:

She moves her head a lot now and does a "no" head movement every 3 words, now she also points a lot and uses her hands way more often (grammys oscars etc)

WTF is MDNA

8 minutes ago, Twitter said:

DNknMlMV4AAtn3N.jpg

This one is another example of an recognizable expression. Those intens faces she makes while performing.

latest?cb=20110827160259superthumb.jpg?t=1516872727hi-gaga-03981613-8col.jpglady_gaga_getty895231228.jpg?itok=XQrNKT

Archived