💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

how did ari get away without crediting this sample?

FentyGa

Featured Posts

FentyGa

so i was recently watching a “forgotten ariana grande songs” video, and a song came on that reminded me of something. immediately. and then i realised.

the ari song’s called too close

so i googled it to see the credits. the writers are:

Harmony Samuels, H. "Carmen Reece" Culver, Al Sherrod Lambert, Maurice David Wade, Ariana Grande

peculiar, considering the fact that the chorus and even elements of he production blatantly sample, or rather rip-off, mariah’s ‘93 song “I’ve Been Thinking About You”

now, i’m a huge ari fan. she was my first arena concert, she’s hella talented, rly funny, and i’m sure this isn’t her doing. but listen for yourselves.

it baffles me, how she didn’t get any backlash.

thoughts, GGD?

Ryusei

It sounds very similar but as i have learned with the whole katy perry dark horse case it needs a lot more than just a blaring similarity for something to be considered plagiarism (i dont know the technicalities nor do i have much technical music knowledge just an observation from watching videos about the case) and there are of course artists who go the extra mile to not get sued for anything similar sounding like Taylor Swift with LWYMMD but I don‘t think everyone needs to get a #XXXisoverparty for everything... Rather than just getting backlash it would be interesting to hear from the producers or from Mariah cause really nothing else matters but the parties involved in making the songs cause it‘s these people whom this concerns. Just my opinion tho.

Musery

Ally Campana

I mean it may not result in a copyright infringement case but I think it’s pretty clear she was modeled to be ‘the next Mariah Carey’ early on in her career.

Does it matter? Damage is done

beaublue
57 minutes ago, Ryusei said:

It sounds very similar but as i have learned with the whole katy perry dark horse case it needs a lot more than just a blaring similarity for something to be considered plagiarism (i dont know the technicalities nor do i have much technical music knowledge just an observation from watching videos about the case) and there are of course artists who go the extra mile to not get sued for anything similar sounding like Taylor Swift with LWYMMD but I don‘t think everyone needs to get a #XXXisoverparty for everything... Rather than just getting backlash it would be interesting to hear from the producers or from Mariah cause really nothing else matters but the parties involved in making the songs cause it‘s these people whom this concerns. Just my opinion tho.

It sounds more similar than Dark Horse did to that Christian rap song... the whole issue with the Dark Horse case is that the guy sued Katy for using a descending phrase in the minor scale which he did in his song. The issue with this is that no one can copyright the minor scale. This exact phrase has been used by Bach in his violin sonata, it’s in the Christmas song Jolly Old St Nick, it’s in the religious song Go Down Moses, AND it’s the theme to 1954’s Godzilla. The fact that the dude won the case against Katy is extremely dangerous because it implies that people can copyright scales, sounds, phrases, or even the G note. Scary times we live in.

migamiga

They’re probably not aware of it. And even if Mariah knew i doubt she wouldn’t even wanna bother with a lawsuit over an album track. She makes enough money from her royalties and this would do nothing for her

RAMROD

Maybe she is not big enough for people to care enough or feel offended enough that they wanna part of her royalty bill? :shrug:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

On 10/21/2019 at 9:29 AM, Ally Campana said:

I mean it may not result in a copyright infringement case but I think it’s pretty clear she was modeled to be ‘the next Mariah Carey’ early on in her career.

I don’t think it has stopped to be honest. Thank U Next sounds exactly as something Mariah could’ve put out, given a lot of Emancipation and E=MC2 teas. 

And also,

FentyGa
1 hour ago, KinneyUnderYou said:

@FentyGa

Taylor credited the songwriters and they agreed to the sample. I am curious to know why you consider the song as plagiarism. Never mind if you did not know.

oh i don’t consider LWYMMD to be plagiarism if that’s what you mean lol

bc it’s not

Jewels n Drugs
35 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

I ADORE THIS MARIAH SONG, UGH

the taste :applause:

oh look when you werent looking my motorcycle turned into a piano

KatieJudasGaga4
7 minutes ago, Jewels n Drugs said:

the taste :applause:

She really needs to sing this song. She basically paid Music Box to dust besides the singles :triggered:

Ally Campana
6 hours ago, Diente said:

I don’t find it similar tbh.

Does it matter? Damage is done

Archived