💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Meghan Markle says she's "existing not living"

Featured Posts

Meghan Markle has said that she is 'existing, not living' while struggling with the pressures of royal life and media scrutiny. 

The Duchess opened up during an emotional interview with broadcaster Tom Bradby for a new documentary which is set to air on ITV tonight.

A new video from the documentary has emerged today which shows Harry discussing potentially leaving the UK one day to live in Africa.

Harry & Meghan: An African Journey will offer an insight into the emotional journey the 'vulnerable and bruised' royal couple have been catapulted into since their wedding while following their ten-day tour of southern Africa. 

In the hour-long documentary, Harry voices his desire to leave the UK and considers living in Africa one day.

He said: 'I don't know where we could live in Africa at the moment.

'We've just come from Cape Town, that would be an amazing place for us to be able to to base ourselves, of course it would.

'But with all the problems that are going on there I just don't see how we would be able to really make as much difference as we'd want to.'

Harry also revealed Africa will be the main focus of his and Meghan's work in the future.

He said: 'The rest of our lives, especially our life's work will be predominantly focused on Africa, on conservation.

In an article for the Sunday Times, Mr Bradby recalled asking Meghan whether she was able to cope with the endless media scrutiny the newlywed has been under.  

She said, 'We are taking it one day at a time,' before admitting that the couple are currently 'existing, not living.' 

The Duchess received an outpouring of support from Twitter users on Friday after a clip from tonight's documentary was released in which she admitted she was 'not really OK'. 

Within an hour, #WeLoveYouMeghan became the top trending topic on the social media platform, with users offering positive messages in the wake of the Duchess's recent media scrutiny. 

While reflecting upon tonight's documentary, Mr Bradby wrote that much of what he witnessed alongside the royals on their southern Africa tour 'did not come as a surprise'. 

The pair have been involved in charity work for years - Harry since his gap year that he spent working with children whose lives were affected by HIV in Lesotho, and Meghan has been involved with many charities and organisations that help young women to escape poverty and endemic levels of violence. 

The couple will be taking six weeks off from their royal duties over the Christmas period. 

A Royal source told The Sunday Times: 'The Duke and Duchess have a full schedule of engagements and commitments until mid-November, after which they will be taking some much-needed family time.'

The couple are expected to spend their first Christmas with their son Archie, who was born in May, with the Queen and other members of the Royal Family at Sandringham in Norfolk.

It is understood they will fly to Los Angeles next month to spend the Thanksgiving holiday with Meghan's mother, Doria Ragland.  

I personally think she's only now realizing that the royal life isn't the fairytale she thought it would be :shrug:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7593293/Meghan-says-existing-not-living-struggles-pressures-royal-life.html

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Luna Lovegood

This reminds me of Princess Diana all over again. I hope Meghan finds peace. The royal family has done some shady **** behind close doors. Stay strong love. 

luna’s advocate

ElectricKing
4 hours ago, kyanewest said:

I personally think she's only now realizing that the royal life isn't the fairytale she thought it would be :shrug:

Yep. I could tell she thought it was going to be some fairytale with a blue sky and flowers growing. Bit naive?

Edit: I like Meghan and proud that a black woman has become part of the Royal Family. I was just making a point about how if any of us were able to become a royal, most of us would take the opportunity.

A lot of people have criticized her for these comments because she is paid by the tax payers and has a relatively gilded lifestyle.  They say her only scrutiny is from sections of the media because of things such as the private jet storm, Wimbledon-gate, $500,000 baby showers and her absent father etc.  Also, some people are saying that people with a lot less than her and with worse treatment get on with their lives without complaining.  

Gimme More

i really like Meghan, it's sad she's going through all this! :(

Stay strong Meghan :heart:

#JusticeForBritney ♡

I don’t really think the luxury that comes from being a part of the royal family is worth the stress

Lilmonzter

I just want  people to be less critical and judgemental, it's impossible to ignore it and it affects you mentally  and physically.  

It takes a toll on people

Especially someone like Meghan who had a colourful life before the whole royal hoopla. 

Your life's on a microscope 

Sing C'est la vie 

ANTI WP

She should show the middle finger to the royal bullshit & media so she can live happily with her boo 

I was hoping this thread wouldn’t be on ggd, because there are people here who will still call her whiny and justify the tabloid bullying, while none of them know how it is for a new mother to live under 24/7 watch, being judged, mocked and ridiculed for every little thing. Lack of empathy is honesty disgusting, it’s like saying Gaga cannot possibly suffer physically and/or emotionally, because of her extremely wealthy lifestyle and privilege. 

I can relate on a motherhood level, especially after this video 

FreePalestine

PlanetChromatica
11 minutes ago, S0436 said:

A lot of people have criticized her for these comments because she is paid by the tax payers and has a relatively gilded lifestyle.  They say her only scrutiny is from sections of the media because of things such as the private jet storm, Wimbledon-gate, $500,000 baby showers and her absent father etc.  Also, some people are saying that people with a lot less than her and with worse treatment get on with their lives without complaining.  

So just because people have it worse than here she has no reason to be unhappy? 

Sorry but this is a very ignorant way to deal with the issue, telling someone they have no reason to be happy, that others with less privileged lives are getting on with it so why aren't you ... This is not how you deal with these problems or mental health.

Money and privilege does not equal happiness.

Regina George
31 minutes ago, River Phoenix said:

This reminds me of Princess Diana all over again. I hope Meghan finds peace. The royal family has done some shady **** behind close doors. Stay strong love. 

I feel sorry for her but let’s not compare her to Diana. Diana literally had one of the worst case scenarios happening. She was so unhappy and so scrutinized by the royal family and media at the same time. Her husband openly cheated on her and threatened to take her kids away if she didn’t behave. Meghan, even tho she has issues with media is in much better position that Diana was. Diana was a people person and her people loved her. She gave to others and was never criticized for her lavish life (because she didn’t have lavish life). 

49 minutes ago, S0436 said:

and you felt the need to share daily mail readers comments here why? because you agree?

so no rich person should ever say how they truly feel, so they wouldn’t seem ungrateful? that’s a great message, I’m sure families of famous people who committed suicide would appreciate that.  

it’s also untrue that less privileged regular people never complain, if they’re not famous and hounded by the media, you won’t know about it. 

FreePalestine

Chromaticunt

This is devastating. I had no idea how hard she was finding it. You can really see the sadness in her eyes. My gosh, this is so sad after everything that happened with Diana. The British gutter press is truly abominable. 

1 hour ago, PinkPop said:

Yep. I could tell she thought it was going to be some fairytale with a blue sky and flowers growing. Bit naive?

How would you know what she was thinking before she got married? I'm sure she was well-prepared and warned about the British gutter press. Do NOT blame her for not being able to cope with the abuse. She shouldn't have to apologise or regret marrying the man she loved just because of some RACIST newspapers.

VOLANTIS
1 hour ago, PinkPop said:

There were million different articles about how she closed a car door so personally I don't think she's the problem. 

I'll lift you 3 inches off the ground and drag you to a meter and a half

Madling

Omg will they ever shut up complaining. Sorry but nothing that bad has happened to them. Yes her family has been embarrassing but she has a husband and baby and all the privilege in the world. She needs to stop reading her own press and get on with her charity work if it's that important to her. I've just read that they are taking 6 weeks off for Christmas and I'm just over the pity party. What have they done to deserve that? She did a 1 week tour in Africa where she was welcomed and treated... Like royalty...!!

There are people freezing to death on the street and she's using a documentary that's supposed to be about Africa to complain about the Daily Mail ... 

I'm just baffled at why they've made this into such a  drama. If she can't handle the scrutiny then she needs to withdraw from public life and not live on tax payers money. 

Archived