Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Meghan Markle says she's "existing not living"

Featured Posts

Lord Temptation
17 minutes ago, KleinGa said:

I read the first paragraph and then realized this is just an essay of misogyny and spared my braincells from continuing to read this misogynistic BS

I read the whole thing and to me there was no misogyny at all. Anger. Definitely. Sadness. Yes. Distrust. Absolutely. A sense that people are being conned? Sadly. But not misogyny. Reading between the lines, between the script, between the camera takes, is a skill that is sadly disappearing in the age of social media. Trust is something you earn. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
StrawberryBlond
16 hours ago, Harry said:

Your criticism leans heavily towards one side, as we've discussed. Why did you write an unprovoked 1.2k word post lashing out at Meghan Markle, but you have never expressed such hostility for other members of the royal family for doing the same thing? It's quite transparent at this point, Rachel. You are just echoing the worst of the right wing press. Royals have always benefited from tax payers money, but you choose to pop off at this black woman.

Concerning your sob story, I don't wish ill on your personal life. I really don't. But as much as you try to vilify me and claim that I'm influencing others on here to somehow warp their perception of you, one has to wonder if there's a common denominator in all of this. You don't come across as innocent and sweet as you try to portray here. The judgmental and conservative (yes conservative) views that you have demonstrated over the years on this site are what give you this image. I just asked the question because you still seem so unaware of that perception despite several people echoing the same sentiment throughout the years, and I wonder if that's how your relationships outside of the internet go as well.

Leans heavily to one side in what way? Towards women? Black women? Specific royals? What? It wasn't an unprovoked essay, Meghan did an interview and I commented on it. I don't speak about her unless she does something and everyone else is talking about it. Other royals have not done the same things she has, though, so I can't complain about stuff they've never done. I've stated before I'm not a fan of Charles because of what he did to Diana, Camilla for knowingly going along with it and I've never even really was keen on Harry. I don't know how he became such a beloved figure when he's had a history of laddish behaviour and even inappropriately racist moments. I've never got why people have always loved him but I guess the "cheeky lad" persona is just really popular here. So, there you go, 3 white royals I criticised. I also said that I disliked anyone but the most important royals using taxpayer money. Charles, William, Kate and their children are in direct line to the throne, so I don't mind them taking it, so long as they don't over-indulge. But everyone lower than them should self-fund. I have nothing against Meghan's colour, I would say the same thing if she were white. You're just seeing what you want to see.

I'm not trying to come off sweet and innocent, i deliberately tried to avoid doing that as I didn't want to be self-serving. I'm not perfect, I never claimed to be. I can be overly opinionated and hot-headed, I know. That's my passionate personality, I launch full-force into anything I feel strongly about. And I haven't put forward lots of conservative views "over the years." I've been here since 2010 and was super-liberal up until around 2016 when liberals started changing. My views can be more purple in more ways now but still ultimately blue. I view my thoughts as my thoughts, I don't feel the need to label them as views of a political party. We shouldn't imprison ourselves like that and trust our instincts. I don't care, for example, that some liberals think it's wise to legalise prostitution. As a liberal, I am against the sexual objectification and sexual imprisonment of women and legalising it has proven not to make their lives better. I also have the same views towards the liberal idea of legalising drugs stronger than cannabis. Just because I'm a liberal doesn't mean I have to support every liberal agenda and there's plenty of other liberals that aren't that extreme either. Extremes are rarely healthy. Of course I'm aware of the way people view me here but I can only portray myself as well as I can as we all come across differently through text-based online chat. You and many others are just as savage, if not moreso, than me and none of you have ever apologised. Yet you make me feel like I have to apologise for coming across opinionated. It seems to be one rule for you and a different one for me. I've continued to be civil to all of you as that's just my way. If I want people to like me or at least tolerate me, I have to be nice. You and many others don't repay me that courtesy. I don't know why I bother trying to make it up to you. You have no interest in letting me in. The reason why I'm so hostile to you is because you've never shown me any respect or kindness. And my familial relationships are perfectly fine, my friends, when I did have them, were fine too. All my acquaintances also say the same. The only people that have ever truly had a problem with me are people online and not just on GGD. The common denominator is always when I put forward opinions. So many people can't respectfully disagree with me, they end up accusing me of all sorts, name-calling, laughing at me. I end up crying during the worst of it and wonder why they can't let me just live my life with my opinions in peace without making me feel small.

15 hours ago, Morphine Prince said:

You should really quote people in different posts because no one has the  time to delete every other quote to other people @StrawberryBlond

I’m sure the multiple women who agreed with me think it’s misogynistic as well. 

You may know womanhood better than a man but you clearly lack knowledge in motherhood as shown by your past comments. 

It is not misogynistic for me to tell you that your comments are misogynistic because they are. 

Painting all women with the same brush and branding them attention seekers is NOT IT. 

I hope if you ever choose to have kids your partner and people in your life don’t treat you as an attention seeker and give you the empathy all people deserve. 

If I quoted all of you individually, I would have to do 5+ posts one after the other. Not happening. Just scroll down to your quote, it takes seconds.

I don't care if some women agreed with you, we all have a right to our own opinions. Just because a few women agree doesn't mean they're right. Surprise, a lot of people, when behaviours are criticised that they recognise within themselves, get a bit offended. It's called personal interest.

I never claimed to be an expert on motherhood, I just said what I've picked up on from motherhood experts.

You're entitled to your opinion but always be wary of telling someone from a group that isn't your own that they're saying wrong things about that group. I thought you, in all your wokeness, should know that. I've noticed, incidentially, that women are the one remaining group that everyone's free to criticise. I understand that I shouldn't be the one to tell black people how to talk about their own race but the same people who are for this belief don't think twice about telling me how to think as a woman. I've seen men tell a woman that something isn't sexist in the same breath that they've said white people will never understand what it means to be black.

I didn't say all women were like this. I just said histrionics are common in women. I've lived my whole life surrounded by women, I know what I'm talking about. Psychiatrists and psychologists say that most histrionic sufferers are women and women are 4 times more likely than men to be diagnosed, look it up. Face it, we've all dealt with women like this in our lives. My mum's very much like this, I have first hand experience.

Please don't make any kind of suggestion that I'd be a bad mother. I have enough personal doubt within myself and as much as I've always wanted a child, I sometimes fear that I wouldn't be a good mother, like a lot of women fear. I will aim to give any child I have as much time and love as I can muster. One of the last things my friend ever said to me was that he was sure I'd be a good mother, something no one had ever said to me. It's something I cling onto.

15 hours ago, lego said:

🍓

I didn’t insult anyone’s life, never mentioned laziness, you chose to be offended. I didn’t even mention anyone by name, but if the shoe fits... I stated facts (people who don’t even pay taxes whine about tax payers money, only in certain cases), facts don’t care about your feelings, maybe some people are too sensitive these days? PC SJW madness!   Isn’t that how it all goes? :huntyga:

There are people living on the streets or working **** jobs, studying at the same time, struggling to make ends meet and you dare to say “not everyone gets it easy in life, you know”:fail:  your privilege is showing, again. It’s not a bad luck that your parents are still paying your rent, water, electricity, food, clothes, mobile phone, internet etc. when you’re close to your 30s. You’re privileged. Some would say it’s embarrassing - maybe or strange that someone with high education never worked a day in their life, but it’s not anyone’s problem, it’s just ironic. You may have less than them, but you’re also living with someone else’s money, see the irony? If Meghan can’t complain or actually say how she really feels, neither should you, there are many in worse situations. You’re the one who’s constantly hating, we are just replying to your hate. 

Also check the map, Finland is not Sweden and it doesn’t have a monarchy. 

Yes you did, you gave a long list of traits that exactly match my description, so you did your research on me (I know exactly which post you read to have discovered this information, actually). Don't play innocent with me and attempt to hoodwink everyone who reads this into believing it was all a coincidence. You listed all these things about me in an attempt to frame me as a pathetic. You've read about all my anxiety issues and self doubt and knew this would eat away at me and it has. Then you have the audacity to say I chose to be offended. What a right wing phrase that is! "I wasn't being offensive, you snowflakes chose to be offended!" The irony. You have never cared a jot for my feelings and deliberately aim to bring me down.

I said the "not everyone has it easy in life" line because how else was I supposed to defend myself? It's not my fault that no one's employed me. Some people effortlessly glide into employment and the life they want, others like me, it doesn't work out. I've always felt envious of people who just apply for a job and get it, I don't know how they do it. And you're making out that I'm feeling self-pity for stating the obvious - that I haven't found it easy to get what I want out of life. And I never said I'm not privileged. I'm highly privileged to have people looking after me despite not having a job, I'm grateful for it every day of my life. But in the job side of things, I've had no luck whatsoever, which is a factual statement. How's it ironic that a person with a university degree has never had a job? That's the case for a lot of people - they graduate in something that doesn't translate into real world employment. If I'd graduated in medicine or business, then fair enough. But it's religious studies and not the kind of qualification where you can teach it. And I may be living off parents money but that's different from taxpayers money. Family should naturally help out their family, but taxpayers don't choose who their money goes to and may go towards things they don't agree with. And you lot constantly hate on me and I just reply to your hate.

What? I could've sworn you said you lived in Sweden. I thought you lectured me once about assuming where you lived and faintly remember you saying you lived near Rinkeby. Did you move around again? Pardon me if I can't keep track of where every GGD member lives. People still think I'm American because of my avatar.

1 hour ago, KleinGa said:

I read the first paragraph and then realized this is just an essay of misogyny and spared my braincells from continuing to read this misogynistic BS

And you quoted me just to say that, ironically quoting the entire post which you didn't read? If you had read it all, perhaps you would've understood my anger more. I've seen this response to my opinions many a time and that's how people end up shooting themselves in the foot - if you don't read everything someone says, you'll end up totally misunderstanding what their point is as a whole. I don't know about you, but even when someone says something I disagree with, I keep reading. I want to see how bad this car crash gets. Even if you're just going to disagree with me by the end, I'd at least respect you for reading the entire thing.

Also,  @Lord Temptation   sorry, your name will appear underneath this, that weird thing happened after @ing someone that you can't type after their name so I had to do it again. Just to say thank you for all this defence of me, I didn't expect that and it helps to have someone to fight my corner. Most of my friends don't really see what I post here and they're not into confrontation anyway, so it's nice to have someone who isn't a full-time friend defend me and understand me.

@Lord Temptation

Dominic

I hear a lot of people say she is manipulative but I really dont see it or even care enough to hate her. 

In fact, that quote 'I dont live, I exist' hits me so hard because I've always said the same thing. Terribly sad. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

Morphine Prince

Per usual, you don’t take people’s advice @StrawberryBlond. I will not quote 2,000 words and delete the rest for you. What a hassle. 

“I thought you, in all your wokeness, should know that” :rip: 

I am not telling you what to believe. I am telling you I believe your post is misogynistic. 

The difference is I am not the one dehumanizing a woman or dismissing a woman’s struggles. That would be you. 

When race comes up it’s usually people dismissing X race’s struggles and saying their opinions aren’t valid. That’s not what I as a man am doing to a woman. That would be you. 

The difference couldn’t be clearer. 

I never mentioned how good of a mother you’d be so idk why that’s relevant. 

Morphine Prince

Wait did you just accuse women in this thread of being histrionic? :air: @StrawberryBlond

That’s even more sexist omg :rip: 

Also, Histrionic DISORDER is more common in women than men. That doesn’t mean all or most women behave hysterically. 

“Hysterics” is an age old sexist term used by men to invalidate a woman’s reaction or opinions. 

Lord Temptation
45 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Leans heavily to one side in what way? Towards women? Black women? Specific royals? What? It wasn't an unprovoked essay, Meghan did an interview and I commented on it. I don't speak about her unless she does something and everyone else is talking about it. Other royals have not done the same things she has, though, so I can't complain about stuff they've never done. I've stated before I'm not a fan of Charles because of what he did to Diana, Camilla for knowingly going along with it and I've never even really was keen on Harry. I don't know how he became such a beloved figure when he's had a history of laddish behaviour and even inappropriately racist moments. I've never got why people have always loved him but I guess the "cheeky lad" persona is just really popular here. So, there you go, 3 white royals I criticised. I also said that I disliked anyone but the most important royals using taxpayer money. Charles, William, Kate and their children are in direct line to the throne, so I don't mind them taking it, so long as they don't over-indulge. But everyone lower than them should self-fund. I have nothing against Meghan's colour, I would say the same thing if she were white. You're just seeing what you want to see.

I'm not trying to come off sweet and innocent, i deliberately tried to avoid doing that as I didn't want to be self-serving. I'm not perfect, I never claimed to be. I can be overly opinionated and hot-headed, I know. That's my passionate personality, I launch full-force into anything I feel strongly about. And I haven't put forward lots of conservative views "over the years." I've been here since 2010 and was super-liberal up until around 2016 when liberals started changing. My views can be more purple in more ways now but still ultimately blue. I view my thoughts as my thoughts, I don't feel the need to label them as views of a political party. We shouldn't imprison ourselves like that and trust our instincts. I don't care, for example, that some liberals think it's wise to legalise prostitution. As a liberal, I am against the sexual objectification and sexual imprisonment of women and legalising it has proven not to make their lives better. I also have the same views towards the liberal idea of legalising drugs stronger than cannabis. Just because I'm a liberal doesn't mean I have to support every liberal agenda and there's plenty of other liberals that aren't that extreme either. Extremes are rarely healthy. Of course I'm aware of the way people view me here but I can only portray myself as well as I can as we all come across differently through text-based online chat. You and many others are just as savage, if not moreso, than me and none of you have ever apologised. Yet you make me feel like I have to apologise for coming across opinionated. It seems to be one rule for you and a different one for me. I've continued to be civil to all of you as that's just my way. If I want people to like me or at least tolerate me, I have to be nice. You and many others don't repay me that courtesy. I don't know why I bother trying to make it up to you. You have no interest in letting me in. The reason why I'm so hostile to you is because you've never shown me any respect or kindness. And my familial relationships are perfectly fine, my friends, when I did have them, were fine too. All my acquaintances also say the same. The only people that have ever truly had a problem with me are people online and not just on GGD. The common denominator is always when I put forward opinions. So many people can't respectfully disagree with me, they end up accusing me of all sorts, name-calling, laughing at me. I end up crying during the worst of it and wonder why they can't let me just live my life with my opinions in peace without making me feel small.

If I quoted all of you individually, I would have to do 5+ posts one after the other. Not happening. Just scroll down to your quote, it takes seconds.

I don't care if some women agreed with you, we all have a right to our own opinions. Just because a few women agree doesn't mean they're right. Surprise, a lot of people, when behaviours are criticised that they recognise within themselves, get a bit offended. It's called personal interest.

I never claimed to be an expert on motherhood, I just said what I've picked up on from motherhood experts.

You're entitled to your opinion but always be wary of telling someone from a group that isn't your own that they're saying wrong things about that group. I thought you, in all your wokeness, should know that. I've noticed, incidentially, that women are the one remaining group that everyone's free to criticise. I understand that I shouldn't be the one to tell black people how to talk about their own race but the same people who are for this belief don't think twice about telling me how to think as a woman. I've seen men tell a woman that something isn't sexist in the same breath that they've said white people will never understand what it means to be black.

I didn't say all women were like this. I just said histrionics are common in women. I've lived my whole life surrounded by women, I know what I'm talking about. Psychiatrists and psychologists say that most histrionic sufferers are women and women are 4 times more likely than men to be diagnosed, look it up. Face it, we've all dealt with women like this in our lives. My mum's very much like this, I have first hand experience.

Please don't make any kind of suggestion that I'd be a bad mother. I have enough personal doubt within myself and as much as I've always wanted a child, I sometimes fear that I wouldn't be a good mother, like a lot of women fear. I will aim to give any child I have as much time and love as I can muster. One of the last things my friend ever said to me was that he was sure I'd be a good mother, something no one had ever said to me. It's something I cling onto.

Yes you did, you gave a long list of traits that exactly match my description, so you did your research on me (I know exactly which post you read to have discovered this information, actually). Don't play innocent with me and attempt to hoodwink everyone who reads this into believing it was all a coincidence. You listed all these things about me in an attempt to frame me as a pathetic. You've read about all my anxiety issues and self doubt and knew this would eat away at me and it has. Then you have the audacity to say I chose to be offended. What a right wing phrase that is! "I wasn't being offensive, you snowflakes chose to be offended!" The irony. You have never cared a jot for my feelings and deliberately aim to bring me down.

I said the "not everyone has it easy in life" line because how else was I supposed to defend myself? It's not my fault that no one's employed me. Some people effortlessly glide into employment and the life they want, others like me, it doesn't work out. I've always felt envious of people who just apply for a job and get it, I don't know how they do it. And you're making out that I'm feeling self-pity for stating the obvious - that I haven't found it easy to get what I want out of life. And I never said I'm not privileged. I'm highly privileged to have people looking after me despite not having a job, I'm grateful for it every day of my life. But in the job side of things, I've had no luck whatsoever, which is a factual statement. How's it ironic that a person with a university degree has never had a job? That's the case for a lot of people - they graduate in something that doesn't translate into real world employment. If I'd graduated in medicine or business, then fair enough. But it's religious studies and not the kind of qualification where you can teach it. And I may be living off parents money but that's different from taxpayers money. Family should naturally help out their family, but taxpayers don't choose who their money goes to and may go towards things they don't agree with. And you lot constantly hate on me and I just reply to your hate.

What? I could've sworn you said you lived in Sweden. I thought you lectured me once about assuming where you lived and faintly remember you saying you lived near Rinkeby. Did you move around again? Pardon me if I can't keep track of where every GGD member lives. People still think I'm American because of my avatar.

And you quoted me just to say that, ironically quoting the entire post which you didn't read? If you had read it all, perhaps you would've understood my anger more. I've seen this response to my opinions many a time and that's how people end up shooting themselves in the foot - if you don't read everything someone says, you'll end up totally misunderstanding what their point is as a whole. I don't know about you, but even when someone says something I disagree with, I keep reading. I want to see how bad this car crash gets. Even if you're just going to disagree with me by the end, I'd at least respect you for reading the entire thing.

Also,  @Lord Temptation   sorry, your name will appear underneath this, that weird thing happened after @ing someone that you can't type after their name so I had to do it again. Just to say thank you for all this defence of me, I didn't expect that and it helps to have someone to fight my corner. Most of my friends don't really see what I post here and they're not into confrontation anyway, so it's nice to have someone who isn't a full-time friend defend me and understand me.

@Lord Temptation

Hey that’s cool. I hope they didn’t get to you too much. Acting like they fully know and understood you then assuming the worst. Online users, once they detect even the faintest hint of vulnerability, will pounce. And they create a herding effect; once one does, they all do. And then it can feel like you’re all alone. But the truth is you’re never truly alone. Being kind, authentic and articulate is something a lot of people take for granted but not me! 

StrawberryBlond
12 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Per usual, you don’t take people’s advice @StrawberryBlond. I will not quote 2,000 words and delete the rest for you. What a hassle. 

“I thought you, in all your wokeness, should know that” :rip: 

I am not telling you what to believe. I am telling you I believe your post is misogynistic. 

The difference is I am not the one dehumanizing a woman or dismissing a woman’s struggles. That would be you. 

When race comes up it’s usually people dismissing X race’s struggles and saying their opinions aren’t valid. That’s not what I as a man am doing to a woman. That would be you. 

The difference couldn’t be clearer. 

I never mentioned how good of a mother you’d be so idk why that’s relevant. 

I just told you why I couldn't do it. You'd do the same if you had to reply to multiple people.

Telling things like they actually are doesn't have to be sexist. Relaying my experiences with a lot of women to you isn't being sexist, it's just telling you the stats.

I'm not de-humanising a woman, I'm calling out her clear manipulations. If you think someone's a bad person, can you not say so, just because they're a woman?

I've also had my women's struggles dismissed and said my opinions aren't valid. Like I said, by someone, who, in the same breath, said white people couldn't understand racism. Apparently, some discriminated groups struggles are more important than others. In fact, I remember Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie say it in her feminist speech: "I learned quite a bit about systems of oppression and how they can be blind to one another by talking to black men. I was once talking to a black man about gender and he said 'Why do you have to say 'my experience as a woman?' Why can't it be your experience is a human being?' This was the same man who would often talk about his experience as a black man." So true. Happened to me more than once.

What do you mean the difference couldn't be clearer? What are you referring to?

You're suggesting that I don't know anything about motherhood and that others may not give me empathy if I became a mother because, in your mind, I'm not a very nice person and refuses to give empathy to others. People who aren't nice and lack empathy tend not to be good parents, so there was a vague insinuation there that you feared what kind of mother I would be.

3 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

Wait did you just accuse women in this thread of being histrionic? :air: @StrawberryBlond

That’s even more sexist omg :rip: 

Also, Histrionic DISORDER is more common in women than men. That doesn’t mean all or most women behave hysterically. 

“Hysterics” is an age old sexist term used by men to invalidate a woman’s reaction or opinions. 

I don't know which women liked your post specifically, so I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. My point is whenever I've made a public statement about things some women do that annoy me, I always notice that women fall very quiet, shift a bit uncomfortably and then change the subject. There's a feeling that I'm bringing the sisterhood down by revealing our secrets and weaknesses. I just think common female personality flaws should be brought to the surface so they stop being a problem (clique mentality, queen bees, psychological bullying, freezing out, s**t talking behind backs, etc). We talk about toxic masculinity all the time, but there's toxic femininity too, but apparently, talking about that is anti-feminist. I thought women were equal to men, not better?

I said "histrionic personality disorder" which is the medical terminology for it. Again, look it up. I just said "histrionic sufferers" or "histrionics" to shorten it all down sometimes. Hysterics are different from histrionics. That's why they're two different words. I just knew you would try to claim I suggested they were the same thing. You tried, but no. Men can be just as hysterical as women, it's a trait anyone can have, obviously.

33 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Just because a few women agree doesn't mean they're right. Surprise, a lot of people, when behaviours are criticised that they recognise within themselves, get a bit offended. It's called personal interest.

And vice versa, just because you as one woman claim something is a fact for all women, it doesn’t mean you are right. You really think too highly of yourself. 

You are writing these long ass essays every time with multiple quotes, because you know not many members will bother to read all that, so you can insert these veiled insults (in this case towards women who disagree with you). What kind of self hating feminism is that? 

Did you all see this? 

@Jenina @Nirvana @Whispering @Teal Ambition  

:smh: I had to tag for visibility, sorry. 

37 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Then you have the audacity to say I chose to be offended. What a right wing phrase that is!

it was on purpose, in italic, an obvious sarcasm because I’m talking to a right winger. I’m talking to you same way you talk in many other topics when other people are offended. 

There are many people who can find themselves in those words, none of them were insulting, you just took it that way. 

39 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Never said that. Maybe check on people’s profiles, there’s often a location, before trying to say something snarky about the place they live. I lectured you, because of all the right wing propaganda you wrote about Sweden multiple times without ever visiting the country. Twitter is full of racist Americans and Brits who wouldn’t even be able to find Sweden on the map, yet they like to lecture about it, how it’s a literal war zone and a lost country because of immigration. It’s Finland’s neighbor, Swedish is second language here, I’ve visited many times throughout the years, stayed for months in different cities and I have close relatives living there since the 70s, so I think I know what I’m talking about. You don’t need to keep track where I live, I never asked you to. But then keep such comments about “my monarchy” to yourself, so you wouldn’t look silly. 🙃 

FreePalestine

Morphine Prince
17 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I just told you why I couldn't do it. You'd do the same if you had to reply to multiple people.

Telling things like they actually are doesn't have to be sexist. Relaying my experiences with a lot of women to you isn't being sexist, it's just telling you the stats.

I'm not de-humanising a woman, I'm calling out her clear manipulations. If you think someone's a bad person, can you not say so, just because they're a woman?

I've also had my women's struggles dismissed and said my opinions aren't valid. Like I said, by someone, who, in the same breath, said white people couldn't understand racism. Apparently, some discriminated groups struggles are more important than others. In fact, I remember Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie say it in her feminist speech: "I learned quite a bit about systems of oppression and how they can be blind to one another by talking to black men. I was once talking to a black man about gender and he said 'Why do you have to say 'my experience as a woman?' Why can't it be your experience is a human being?' This was the same man who would often talk about his experience as a black man." So true. Happened to me more than once.

What do you mean the difference couldn't be clearer? What are you referring to?

You're suggesting that I don't know anything about motherhood and that others may not give me empathy if I became a mother because, in your mind, I'm not a very nice person and refuses to give empathy to others. People who aren't nice and lack empathy tend not to be good parents, so there was a vague insinuation there that you feared what kind of mother I would be.

I don't know which women liked your post specifically, so I wasn't talking about anyone in particular. My point is whenever I've made a public statement about things some women do that annoy me, I always notice that women fall very quiet, shift a bit uncomfortably and then change the subject. There's a feeling that I'm bringing the sisterhood down by revealing our secrets and weaknesses. I just think common female personality flaws should be brought to the surface so they stop being a problem (clique mentality, queen bees, psychological bullying, freezing out, s**t talking behind backs, etc). We talk about toxic masculinity all the time, but there's toxic femininity too, but apparently, talking about that is anti-feminist. I thought women were equal to men, not better?

I said "histrionic personality disorder" which is the medical terminology for it. Again, look it up. I just said "histrionic sufferers" or "histrionics" to shorten it all down sometimes. Hysterics are different from histrionics. That's why they're two different words. I just knew you would try to claim I suggested they were the same thing. You tried, but no. Men can be just as hysterical as women, it's a trait anyone can have, obviously.

No, I wouldn't. I would never quote 10 people in the same post. It looks messy. 

You have dehumanized every single aspect of Meghan Markle. From how she feels as a new mother to her fashion choices. 

I'm talking about the difference in me as a man saying I think your post is sexist is different than me dismissing a woman's struggles. How can you not see that? 

I never suggested anything about your motherhood. 

Of course toxic traits in females exist, but you are weaponizing them against everyone who does't agree with you. You just did it in this thread. 

Histrionic personality disorder is irrelevant unless you or another professional has diagnosed Meghan Markle. Are you her psychiatrist? You're using a disorder as a weapon to attack a woman you dislike. 

Hysterics is a symptom of the disorder. You said women in this thread felt attacked because they identified with those traits. Which why  I asked if you were calling them hysterical. You clearly are. And it's one of the most classic sexist phrases to use.  

StrawberryBlond
10 minutes ago, lego said:

And vice versa, just because you as one woman claim something is a fact for all women, it doesn’t mean you are right. You really think too highly of yourself. 

You are writing these long ass essays every time with multiple quotes, because you know not many members will bother to read all that, so you can insert these veiled insults (in this case towards women who disagree with you). What kind of self hating feminism is that? 

Did you all see this? 

@Jenina @Nirvana @Whispering @Teal Ambition  

:smh: I had to tag for visibility, sorry. 

it was on purpose, in italic, an obvious sarcasm because I’m talking to a right winger. I’m talking to you same way you talk in many other topics when other people are offended. 

There are many people who can find themselves in those words, none of them were insulting, you just took it that way. 

Never said that. Maybe check on people’s profiles, there’s often a location, before trying to say something snarky about the place they live. I lectured you, because of all the right wing propaganda you wrote about Sweden multiple times without ever visiting the country. Twitter is full of racist Americans and Brits who wouldn’t even be able to find Sweden on the map, yet they like to lecture about it, how it’s a literal war zone and a lost country because of immigration. It’s Finland’s neighbor, Swedish is second language here, I’ve visited many times throughout the years, stayed for months in different cities and I have close relatives living there since the 70s, so I think I know what I’m talking about. You don’t need to keep track where I live, I never asked you to. But then keep such comments about “my monarchy” to yourself, so you wouldn’t look silly. 🙃 

I never claimed that I was right just because I, as one woman, had said it. I would never ask someone to take my word for it and no one else's. All I'm asking is that people respect my opinion because I'm a woman, I've been surrounded by lots of women all my life and spot clear trends in their behaviour and have an insight into the female psyche through my studies into female studies. I'm sure you'd automatically believe a woman complaining about common male flaws without comment. So, why can't women use introspection to complain about common flaws within their own gender?

I write a lot because I have a lot to say, that's all. And you had to tag the women involved so they'd see my comments. How under-handed of you. Unsurprisingly, some of them have openly disagreed/feuded with me before and liked negative comments about me before. So, it's not like we're dealing with anything new.

For the last time, stop calling me a right winger because I'm not. Saying something over and over doesn't make it true. I know you're doing it in the hope that spreading this lie about me will influence other members into believing it and I'll keep on publicly refuting it to show you up. Two can play at that game. And I've frequently said that others have right to be offended but I have a right not to be bothered by their offence. I've never said that anyone has no right to be offended.

Not everyone puts their location up, so it's not my first thought to check that. Usually, we trust what we thought someone claimed once. There was no way I was going to find that old post you made to me, so I just went to my instinct. Don't act like you're so perfect that you've never made a wrong statement based on what you were led to believe was the truth before. I thought you once said you lived in Sweden, you don't, fine, no need to use this misunderstanding as an excuse to laugh at me. And don't bring up your views about Sweden again, acting like I'm obsessed with it or something. I find it funny that you demand that I recognise that you live in Finland so I don't look silly by saying otherwise...yet you repeatedly refuse to respect my admission that I'm a liberal and continue to call me a right winger in public in order to make everyone else demonise me. Once again, irony and two different rules.

Morphine Prince

I'd also like to note: You can be critical of Meghan's spending choices, her opinions, etc. as she is a Royal, and basically a government-sponsored celebrity. 

But the comments I am reading here and on Twitter coming from tabloids and just regular people are are downright disturbing. What a SICK culture of tearing people down so many people are engaging in. You don't even have to like her to have more respect than these people. 

I saw part of her interview where she said she didn't realize how bad tabloid culture was and how she was warned by British friends how they would destroy her life.

From reading what people say about her, if I was in her shoes I would be terrified of ever being seen in public. Imagine vicious, toxic people just waiting to pounce on every one of the moves you make. 

It's probably even worse than a regular celebrity. How disturbing. 

StrawberryBlond
23 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

No, I wouldn't. I would never quote 10 people in the same post. It looks messy. 

You have dehumanized every single aspect of Meghan Markle. From how she feels as a new mother to her fashion choices. 

I'm talking about the difference in me as a man saying I think your post is sexist is different than me dismissing a woman's struggles. How can you not see that? 

I never suggested anything about your motherhood. 

Of course toxic traits in females exist, but you are weaponizing them against everyone who does't agree with you. You just did it in this thread. 

Histrionic personality disorder is irrelevant unless you or another professional has diagnosed Meghan Markle. Are you her psychiatrist? You're using a disorder as a weapon to attack a woman you dislike. 

Hysterics is a symptom of the disorder. You said women in this thread felt attacked because they identified with those traits. Which why  I asked if you were calling them hysterical. You clearly are. And it's one of the most classic sexist phrases to use.  

Just because you've never had 10 people to quote before. But I did what you asked, just to show willing. Happy now?

I haven't de-humanised her, just criticised her. De-humanising would involve name-calling or referring to her as a "creature" or a "thing." Critiquing how I feel about her fashion is perhaps a bit excessive, I'll admit, but criticising the fact that she buys thousands of pounds worth of clothes with taxpayers money is a perfectly valid complaint.

Oh, I can see it. It's just that you seem to be using my feminist stance as to why to "catch me out" or shame me. No wonder so many women are afraid to call themselves feminists because people hold you to such impossibly high standards when you're public about being one. One of the weirdest things they do is lambast you if you dislike any woman, no matter how valid your complaint is. Fact is, women are people too. And some people are bad and deserve to be outed as such.

I'm not weaponising them, I'm drawing upon a reality, just for some context. I thought it would be handy for people to read who don't recognise this very subtle manipulation technique so they can call it out when someone tries it on them. I should've known it was a mistake to reflect upon it as a common female trait. In this new world, you can criticise men all you want, but not women. Got it.

I'm not the first to call Meghan a narcissist. I'm seeing psychiatrists diagnosing her as one now and listing how many symptoms she matches. Of course, I'm sure you don't want to see any links to this stuff because you'd insist they must automatically be right wingers even though, you know, mental health professionals. I've made no claims to officially diagnose her as I'm not a professional but I have a right to diagnose her in my own mind. Personally, I think she's the next step up from a narcissist. And seeing as you once liked my thread about the difference between these personality disorders, I think you know which one I mean. The "cuts off people once they're no longer of any use to them" is the ultimate symptom.

I never called anyone hysterical. I never used that word. You came in using that word, claiming that I'd said they were the same thing. I said no such thing.

4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

I'd also like to note: You can be critical of Meghan's spending choices, her opinions, etc. as she is a Royal, and basically a government-sponsored celebrity. 

But the comments I am reading here and on Twitter coming from tabloids and just regular people are are downright disturbing. What a SICK culture of tearing people down so many people are engaging in. You don't even have to like her to have more respect than these people. 

I saw part of her interview where she said she didn't realize how bad tabloid culture was and how she was warned by British friends how they would destroy her life.

From reading what people say about her, if I was in her shoes I would be terrified of ever being seen in public. Imagine vicious, toxic people just waiting to pounce on every one of the moves you make. 

It's probably even worse than a regular celebrity. How disturbing. 

Wait, now you're saying I can be critical of this stuff? You just said I de-humanised her by criticising all this stuff. Make up your mind.

I could have said far worse. I have never called her a name or made any discriminatory remark to her. For the record, I was fine with her until the red flags started showing, the first really notable one in that engagement interview when she said she didn't know who Harry was before their date despite him being one of the most famous royals in America. I detected BS immediately and then it only got worse from there.

Now, I don't buy it when she says she didn't realise how brutal the British press could be. Just think about it for a minute. She was an American actress, living that Hollywood life before Harry. America invented trashy celebrity culture, gossip magazines and fake news. This is where The National Inquirer is printed! The gossip magazine that everyone says prints nothing but falsehoods! This is where TMZ is broadcast! The home of Wendy Williams and Perez Hilton! But she handled all that as an American and if you can handle American press, you can handle British press. She was preparing herself to be a mega successful actress for years, she comes alive in the spotlight. She's been anything but naive and knew exactly what she was getting into. It's just that, like many Americans, she didn't realise the extreme levels of restrictions and protocols that come with being a British royal and thought it would be like the romanticised version you see in Hollywood movies. Her British friends telling her that the tabloids would destroy her life were missing out a very important aspect - just be a good person, follow the rules and no one will ever find a need to destroy you. Kate's life didn't get ruined when she became a royal because she respected the royal traditions and didn't try to be rebellious and change things, she just kept quiet and cut ribbons, which is all that you're expected to do as a commonor who married a royal man. Meghan could've just done that and all would've been fine. But no, she had to make her political opinions heard, wanted to do moves for personal gain, seemed to think she was just as important and deserved as much attention as higher ranking royals although being married to the 6th in line deems her obsolete. Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, was married to Prince Andrew when he was the 6th in line. They didn't get multi-continent royal tours, edit Vogue, release clothing lines or get touted as international, influential superstars. What makes Meghan think she's so special to warrant this stuff now she's in the same position? She must think she's entitled to it and crave the fame and adulation.

And they've got amazing security teams around them, the bill for the security on their wedding days are in the multi millions, it's the most expensive part of their weddings. I'm sure they don't feel unsafe in public.

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Just because you've never had 10 people to quote before. But I did what you asked, just to show willing. Happy now?

I haven't de-humanised her, just criticised her. De-humanising would involve name-calling or referring to her as a "creature" or a "thing." Critiquing how I feel about her fashion is perhaps a bit excessive, I'll admit, but criticising the fact that she buys thousands of pounds worth of clothes with taxpayers money is a perfectly valid complaint.

Oh, I can see it. It's just that you seem to be using my feminist stance as to why to "catch me out" or shame me. No wonder so many women are afraid to call themselves feminists because people hold you to such impossibly high standards when you're public about being one. One of the weirdest things they do is lambast you if you dislike any woman, no matter how valid your complaint is. Fact is, women are people too. And some people are bad and deserve to be outed as such.

I'm not weaponising them, I'm drawing upon a reality, just for some context. I thought it would be handy for people to read who don't recognise this very subtle manipulation technique so they can call it out when someone tries it on them. I should've known it was a mistake to reflect upon it as a common female trait. In this new world, you can criticise men all you want, but not women. Got it.

I'm not the first to call Meghan a narcissist. I'm seeing psychiatrists diagnosing her as one now and listing how many symptoms she matches. Of course, I'm sure you don't want to see any links to this stuff because you'd insist they must automatically be right wingers even though, you know, mental health professionals. I've made no claims to officially diagnose her as I'm not a professional but I have a right to diagnose her in my own mind. Personally, I think she's the next step up from a narcissist. And seeing as you once liked my thread about the difference between these personality disorders, I think you know which one I mean. The "cuts off people once they're no longer of any use to them" is the ultimate symptom.

I never called anyone hysterical. I never used that word. You came in using that word, claiming that I'd said they were the same thing. I said no such thing.

Wait, now you're saying I can be critical of this stuff? You just said I de-humanised her by criticising all this stuff. Make up your mind.

I could have said far worse. I have never called her a name or made any discriminatory remark to her. For the record, I was fine with her until the red flags started showing, the first really notable one in that engagement interview when she said she didn't know who Harry was before their date despite him being one of the most famous royals in America. I detected BS immediately and then it only got worse from there.

Now, I don't buy it when she says she didn't realise how brutal the British press could be. Just think about it for a minute. She was an American actress, living that Hollywood life before Harry. America invented trashy celebrity culture, gossip magazines and fake news. This is where The National Inquirer is printed! The gossip magazine that everyone says prints nothing but falsehoods! This is where TMZ is broadcast! The home of Wendy Williams and Perez Hilton! But she handled all that as an American and if you can handle American press, you can handle British press. She was preparing herself to be a mega successful actress for years, she comes alive in the spotlight. She's been anything but naive and knew exactly what she was getting into. It's just that, like many Americans, she didn't realise the extreme levels of restrictions and protocols that come with being a British royal and thought it would be like the romanticised version you see in Hollywood movies. Her British friends telling her that the tabloids would destroy her life were missing out a very important aspect - just be a good person, follow the rules and no one will ever find a need to destroy you. Kate's life didn't get ruined when she became a royal because she respected the royal traditions and didn't try to be rebellious and change things, she just kept quiet and cut ribbons, which is all that you're expected to do as a commonor who married a royal man. Meghan could've just done that and all would've been fine. But no, she had to make her political opinions heard, wanted to do moves for personal gain, seemed to think she was just as important and deserved as much attention as higher ranking royals although being married to the 6th in line deems her obsolete. Sarah Ferguson, the Duchess of York, was married to Prince Andrew when he was the 6th in line. They didn't get multi-continent royal tours, edit Vogue, release clothing lines or get touted as international, influential superstars. What makes Meghan think she's so special to warrant this stuff now she's in the same position? She must think she's entitled to it and crave the fame and adulation.

And they've got amazing security teams around them, the bill for the security on their wedding days are in the multi millions, it's the most expensive part of their weddings. I'm sure they don't feel unsafe in public.

You dehumanized her repeatedly by completely dismissing her feelings and I just can't forget how you thought her rubbing her belly was her seeking attention... something all pregnant women do. 

I'm not using your feminist stance to "catch you." Not once did I mention you are a feminist. I said your comments were sexist/misogynistic. 

You alluded that the women in this thread identified with histrionics.  There are only few things you could mean. 3 simple Google searches will do:

One: Histrionics - exaggerated dramatic behavior designed to attract attention.

Two: Histrionic personality disorder (HPD) is defined as a personality disorder characterized by a pattern of excessive attention-seeking emotions, usually beginning in early adulthood, including inappropriately seductive behavior and an excessive need for approval.

Three: Hysteric - a wildly emotional and exaggerated reaction.

Connect the dots. 

I never said she was free of criticism. It's THE MANNER in which you do it and the things you said which are the problem. And the toxicity of the words. 

American tabloids aren't influential in this country. Most people know they are a joke. She seems to believe they are worse in the UK.  

"didn't try to be rebellious and change things, she just kept quiet and cut ribbons, which is all that you're expected to do as a commonor who married a royal man. Meghan could've just done that and all would've been fine. But no, she had to make her political opinions heard"

Oh, Christ. I'll leave this here:  "Well-behaved women rarely make history." 

The irony of you telling her to shut up and sit down like a good girl. 

Morphine Prince

Also, why are you comparing Meghan to Sarah Ferguson and Prince Andrew? 

I guess they didn't get multi-continental tours but Prince Andrew did get a nice spot at Jeffrey Epstein's pedophile island.

"Jeffrey Epstein Had 13 Different Numbers For Former Friend Prince Andrew" https://www.forbes.com/sites/isabeltogoh/2019/10/21/jeffrey-epstein-had-13-different-contact-numbers-for-former-friend-prince-andrew/#5b6bd0882f82

"Prince Andrew took part in orgy with nine girls on Jeffrey Epstein’s private island, alleged victim says" 

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-andrew-jeffrey-epstein-orgy-virginia-roberts-giuffre-channel-4-dispatches-a9164566.html

“The third time I had sex with Andy was in an orgy on Epstein’s private island in the US Virgin Islands,” she wrote in evidence to a Florida court in 2015. “I was around 18 at the time. Epstein, Andy, approximately eight other young girls, and I had sex together. The other girls all seemed and appeared to be under the age of 18 and didn’t really speak English.”

She added that Epstein, a convicted paedophile who took his own life in prison while awaiting trial on further child abuse charges in August, “laughed about the fact they couldn’t really communicate, saying that they are the ‘easiest’ girls to get along with”. 

Such a great couple. Harry and Meghan could never top this @StrawberryBlond

Economy
On 10/21/2019 at 7:26 AM, Red said:

I don’t really think the luxury that comes from being a part of the royal family is worth the stress

When i was young id choose fame over money in situations where u may not have both

but now id prefer to be an anonymous rich person no one knows so i dont have to be bothered :selena:

Archived