Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why Katy Perry's latest songs don't click?

Rino

Featured Posts

12 minutes ago, Red said:

The opposite, I think it’s too much like what the youth is listening to, all her recent music sound like a lifeless Frankenstein of everything on the radio atm and it should sound good but just falls flat af

The youth listens to Billie Eilish, mumble rappers and things like that. They want Hot Girl Summer not Small Talk Blah Blah Blah

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

Take this from me - she's not Maluma, Becky G, and similar reggaeton artists... they are killing it right now.

But I do think HIH is the best she's put out in a while.

Schizophonic

because she always does what she thinks is cool right now. she should do something firstly herself like and sell that with additude.... and no childish videos. 

and the short hair.... that was a mistake. but running to the next wigshop when she wants to sell is another.... people could feel how they manipulated her

RAMROD

Let's start this off with she didn't grow. Her core listeners grow up, but she didn't, at least sonically. It is only natural that they left her for better things. There are lots of music out there, and some of them might find new interest with new artists and genres, as they grow and befriends all kinds of people in school or work place.

Perhaps, she knows she have limitation, which hinder her from growing, so she tried to compensate that by chasing trends. But it always fell flat, not genuine and awkward. From music, to social issues. Never once she felt genuine to me. I can never forget watching the cringefest that is SNL performance where she got some drag queens on stage with her. She treated them as if they were props, than interact with them. There are no such energy that would make that performance seems at least decent. Compare that to Miley or TS who also got drag queens on stage with them, the vibe just night and day. They had fun, they look they had fun, and it was fun to see. You can always tell when someone doing certain actions, being woke, or whatever, based on it is trendy to do so, or they actually genuinely care and wanted a change.

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Prismatic Light
1 hour ago, Rino said:

The good sis has graced us with 4 new songs back to back (365, Never Really Over, Small Talk and Harleys in Hawaii), but none of them managed to become hits. 

What went wrong? I would like to know your opinions sistrens.

I mean I'm rooting for Katy and it just seems so bizarre to see her flop 4 times in a row :cryga: 

It's just that era post-hate where artists get snubbed and don't sell particularly well. A bit like Gaga post ARTPOP. And Capitol Records sucks, they just don't promote her stuff, also the good sis doesn't care and said she has no expectations with this, so she's OK.

But the songs are so good and it's a shame, NRO and HIH deserve to be in her catalog of hits and live performance!

I hope she'll really give HIH a good promotion, it has potential to chart even after the disastrous release (mid-week plus removed from every platforms for hours with no reasons)! I hope it will keep rising and eventually become a cute hit! :party:

Also, NRO sold and charted good with no promo, so I would never call this a flop, it's actually a cute hit (still pressed for how she wasted it :saladga:) and it will reach 4M copies sold ww in a few months, very praised from public and critics too and also gave Katy back her "soft /funny" image the public missed and loved, all of this with no promo so its actually great! :firega:

Small Talk is cute but, JUST NO, IT SHOULD HAVE STAYED THERE IN HELL, FOR GOD'S SAKE :excuseu:

365 was really slept on, but I think it's more a Zedd single, I'm sure Katy would not even care to perform it live in the future :huh: still deserved to smash 

Con Calma Remix is not even a song, she just wrote the lyrics of the remix but I'm actually impressed of how it helped the song to rise in the USA, considering the original song was smashing worldwide and flopping hard in America, but oh well 

But yeah, she'll be 100% back sooner or later:staymad:

Be kind 🧡

Arcanum

Blonde hair curse.

As soon as she turns it black again she will rise.mp3funny dog GIF

I Wantth your Love...I Wantth your Love.

3 hours ago, mariomania1234 said:

She never really evolves. Her biggest mistake was never securing a strong enough fan base as a foundation. She's always heavily relied on the radio and the GP (Soccer moms and their children). The way I see it, she's always made short terms choices in her career when she should have been thinking long term. I honestly don't know how she escapes the position she finds herself in now.

Adele didn't evolve

Britney didn't evolve

Celine didn't evolve

MJ didn't evolve

Bradley
53 minutes ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Adele didn't evolve

Britney didn't evolve

Celine didn't evolve

MJ didn't evolve

I would say that Adele's sound is too distinctive from the rest of the radio. You won't ever listen to an Adele record and say "Wow this sounds just like everybody else." Also Adele's songs are always very emotional, and laden with poignant lyrics. People dig that cause it reminds them of their own heartbreaks.

Katy's songs are arguably too similar to everybody else's, at least her recent music is. Collaborating with generic producers like Zedd and Charlie Puth doesn't really help either, these are people who write for the radio.

Britney is suffering critically and commercially tho.

Lord Temptation
7 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

Adele didn't evolve

Britney didn't evolve

Celine didn't evolve

MJ didn't evolve

Agree except about MJ, he was a major innovator with all his albums:

Off the Wall is pure 1979 (disco, soul)

Thriller is so 1982 (heavy metal guitars, funk, post-disco)

Bad is very 1987 (industrial and techno beats, blues style singing over hard rock, socially conscious lyrics)

Dangerous is very 1991 (new jack swing, grunge elements, hip hop influence)

History is really 1995 (very contempative, very angry, very emotional)

Invincible is super 2001 (early 2000s R&B, Timbaland influence)

MJ was one of the BIGGEST evolvers.

I will never know why she didn’t flip the small talk / Harley releases and releases Harleys in the late summer and small talk now...

Nightwing

I feel like she's uninspired and stagnant as an artist. I've said it before, but "Never Really Over" sounds like a bonus track from Teenage Dream.

Archived