Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
science

Organism with 720 sexes debuts at Paris zoo

Featured Posts

Diamond Heart
52 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

This isn’t science but semantics. Playing with words. If there can be 720 sexes, there can be 7.2 million sexes. And then sex loses it’s meaning. This is exactly people don’t take scientists seriously anymore.

How do you seriously take someones thought out answer/explanation to you and reply like this?  I used to think you were just trolling with your comments but this is just willing stupidity. 

But baby, I just need one good one Tuesday

BadGurlMadge11

Ngl I read this as orga*m:selena:

just messin around with u dårling

Lord Temptation
3 hours ago, derpmonster said:

People like you go from, "There are two sexes, science says so," to, "Actually, science is stupid because it doesn't fit my worldview anymore. I'm gonna impose my binary view of sex on an entirely different species."

If you're not taking scientists seriously, girl. You've got issues. You may be watching too many conspiracy videos.

Oh honey. I come from a world where scientists are respected. But sadly, that world is long gone.

The decline in the quality of science over the last few years reminds me of the deterioration in the quality in music and movies over the same period.

Science has literally regressed into celebrity culture and whatever generates clicks. It’s truly sad. How many scientists does the average person know? 

Meanwhile millions of people die every year from the SAME diseases as 50 years ago. 

Yeah, hilarious isn’t it.

Edited by Lord Temptation
  • LMAO 4

xoxo Craig
6 hours ago, Gov Hooka said:

inb4

bUt ThEReS OnLy TwO GeNDeRs 

chicken GIF

But sexes and gender is different? There are only two sexes in humans

• Like 1

CautiousLurker
1 hour ago, Lord Temptation said:

Oh honey. I come from a world where scientists are respected. But sadly, that world is long gone.

The decline in the quality of science over the last few years reminds me of the deterioration in the quality in music and movies over the same period.

Science has literally regressed into whatever generates clicks. It’s truly sad. 

Quality of science, movies, and music respectively has only improved - you're an idiot if you think otherwise... or in your case, you're just projecting your own insecurities onto a piece of information... Like, noone in the thread took this to mean 'oh, see, that means there can be lots of genders for people too, science backs this' - you just assumed this would be the response and went on about how just because someone might take this out of context, this is bad science... 

desparate-depression-riddled-d*ck-obsessed-horndog... 4masc
  • Like 2

StarstruckIllusion
6 hours ago, Economy said:

So the way in most species theres an XX or XY pair this species has 720 different chromosome variants :duck:

6 hours ago, Edonis said:

Possibly. It's pretty wild, huh? Scientists have yet to entirely map its genome yet so there could be even more :icega:

And all we have to vary off our biological binary is clothes, personalities and words. Why are humans so basic 😔

6 hours ago, TimisaMonster said:

Why do I feel this is modern day hoax for some random zoo to get promo?

Like...wtf? How do you classify a new species with 720 different sexes? Lol this is such a flop satire article I feel...

It’s probably not a hoax but the fact this is its most interesting characteristic is very sensationalized. 10 years ago, no one would have cared. News sites know how to create controversy...

MonsterOfSpain

Either way this is fake news or we're all dying in a couple of months :what:

Y18l.gif

TMM90

Lol it's not a plant, animal or fungus.

It's another life form. And it comes from G.O.A.T. 

Lord Temptation
38 minutes ago, CautiousLurker said:

Quality of science, movies, and music respectively has only improved - you're an idiot if you think otherwise... or in your case, you're just projecting your own insecurities onto a piece of information... Like, noone in the thread took this to mean 'oh, see, that means there can be lots of genders for people too, science backs this' - you just assumed this would be the response and went on about how just because someone might take this out of context, this is bad science... 

:sure: 

Sneaky Oliver

The Blob is actually my spirit animal :vegas:

i might sound dumb perhaps i rly am

Sneaky Oliver

Okay but let’s talk scientifically :cool: if a new species is discovered. Who’s actually responsible for making it official? Is it a consensus between many biologists?! 

i might sound dumb perhaps i rly am

CautiousLurker
9 minutes ago, Lord Temptation said:

:sure: 

It has... And if you're gonna point at major releases and say 'oh look those movies are bad so therefore cinema is getting worse overall' you're effectively ignoring a lot of very good movies that get produced each year... Cinema on the whole is capable of producing work of much higher quality than say 50 years ago, not just because of continuously evolving technology, but storytelling-wise as well... It's kind of inevitable that people will get better at their craft by building on previous work... Like, if you isolate any iconic movie from the 50s and put it in the context of today, chances are highly likely it would look dated... Lets take 'Psycho' for instance - a breakthrough at the time but will you honestly tell me it's immaculately edited compared to modern films? Of course not... Sure, someone getting into cinema could learn quite a few things from that film, but it's not something plenty of talented filmmakers haven't built on or improved over the years...

People who make the argument that quality of the arts is devolving are simply not paying attention - it has improved quite dramatically...

desparate-depression-riddled-d*ck-obsessed-horndog... 4masc

ARTPOP2
1 hour ago, xoxo Craig said:

But sexes and gender is different? There are only two sexes in humans

actually, there are more than only two sexes in humans if we consider the many different cases of intersex people  and people with chromosomal "abnormalities". also, sex can be considered as a spectrum since so many variables other than genitals and chromosomes are at play (such as hormones and genes). take a look at this chart that I found in an article of the Scientific American:

051_sad0917MontA3p-01.png

I find it really fascinating how many factors go into determining our sex and how many possible (but rare) combinations can result from them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2