💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
band

Indie Musicians/Bands (Tame Impala Is Coming)

A Hybrid

Featured Posts

A Hybrid

Hi :rockstar: It’s me, A Hybrid, the member with the most offensive music opinions himself. Welcome to the newly founded Indie Central of GagaDaily.

For the last year or so I’ve felt unable to listen to anything mainstream, and I still do. Mainstream pop music has started to bore me, same as mainstream rock, hip hop, R&B and the mainstream of every genre you can think of. I just cringe while I listen and it ruins my experience. I’ve mainly been listening to Gaga for her voice and vocal style, her pop tracks also felt tiring and pointless. I’m sorry if this offends anyone but I can’t change the way I think.

So I started listening to more obscure artists. I started with St. Vincent, went on with Grimes, Perfume Genius, Fiona Apple, Poppy, Janelle Monae, Warpaint... I also started listening to other more popular but still indie musicians like Tame Impala, Radiohead, on top of the ones I already adored like Arctic Monkeys and Florence + The Machine.

And so I wanted to create a space in GGD for all of that. all the indie music fans out there to discuss and share.

What could be posted on this thread?

I want to keep the definition of indie very loose. Basically anything that is not too mainstream. If you believe that it’s not mainstream, it’s fine by me.

I want my fellow indie music lovers to feel free to share anything new they discover here. Please follow the thread so we can have an active community going. Thanks :) 

No family’s safe when I sashay

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Conservative Mom

Joanne the album :vegas:

and the bristol/blackpool/liverpool indie artists

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

A Hybrid
15 minutes ago, MissWing said:

Joanne the album :vegas:

I know I just said I’m loose when defining indie but :awkney:

Lord Temptation

Why don’t you go back to where indie began: The glorious 1980s.

The Jam, The The, XTC, The Smiths, The Cure, Joy Division, New Order, Simple Minds, Depeche Mode, The Jesus and Mary Chain, The Specials,  The Police, Tears for Fears, The Cars, Japan, Devo, Spandau Ballet, Talking Heads, Talk Talk, The Church, The Go-Betweens, The Replacements, Spacemen 3, Galaxie 500, Pixies, Sonic Youth, Cocteau Twins, Kate Bush, Souxsie and the Banshees.

Honestly, once you listen to the birth of indie, everything else after it seems “stale”.

Conservative Mom
5 minutes ago, A Hybrid said:

I know I just said I’m loose when defining indie but :awkney:

tame Impala and florence were in the gang:queenga:  and the lord john misty :pray:

and stefani herself :vegas: indie enough for me who listening to elton john,billy joel and dolly parton causally

Suburban Dweller, Property Owner, Petrol Consumer and Range Shooting Enjoyer

Deaf Havana are a good band quite unknown they've had a couple of top ten albums here but i dont think they have any charting singles but they are so good if you like big choruses and a pop/rock vibe, songs you need to try by them are Holy, Sinner, Ritual, Fight Song, Hell. Some of those songs remind me of Diamond Heart or something off A Star Is Born with the sound, they are cool. 

Also Circa Waves are a great band from Liverpool, they have a decent following locally in the city of Liverpool but are largely unknown by the rest of the UK, but they deserve to break through, they have a cool sad pop rock sound and have some different synths and they have an imagine dragons sort of feel but a scouse version. Best songs are Times Won't Change Me, Me Myself And Hollywood, Movies. 

DonatellaPop

You should check out Ms. Melanie Adele Martinez, sis is really talented and has great artistry and visual aesthetic

200.gif

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

A Hybrid
4 minutes ago, Lilmonzter said:

I forgot to mention my favourite indie folk band bon iver

My queen’s top song on Spotify :diane:

A Hybrid

Also Perfume Genius dropped a new single yesterday, pretty interesting

i never give up on promoting mah bois

love, not wrong seems basic at first but the good part is after a while