💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'Would You Love Me If I Ruled The World?'

OMonster

Featured Posts

lavenderblondee

This lyric STILL breaks my heart, and is one of my favorite lyrics from her. This was obv written about Luc, since BTW was pretty much a love ode to Luc, and we all know he didn't really seem to dig the fame life since they were together BEFORE it all went down. Regardless, it's sad that this lyric sort of feels like it has moved to every relationship she's been in :selena:

Itsbrenda

I mean... doesn’t everyone date a few people before they settle down? She hasn’t had many boyfriends in 12 years tbh. 

I mean, she doesn’t even need to ‘find’ someone, she can do whatever she likes. 

I do wonder if this would be such a huge conversation in this community If Gaga was a man. 

mmmmonster
10 minutes ago, LadyHaha said:

I mean... doesn’t everyone date a few people before they settle down? She hasn’t had many boyfriends in 12 years tbh. 

I mean, she doesn’t even need to ‘find’ someone, she can do whatever she likes. 

I do wonder if this would be such a huge conversation in this community If Gaga was a man. 

This is so true.  The press/public don't seem nearly interested in male celebrities' hookups/breakups as they are in the women's - the former will be a headline for a minute and forgotten by the next day, but the latter will always be a cover story for a period of time with new rumors refreshing the story every now and then.  This huge disparity is infuriating but that's the world we live in.

She certainly doesn't need to find anyone and can be the fierce, independent boss bish that she is.  My heart just breaks for her because she's spoken out about how much she wants to start a family before and she hasn't met the person to do that with.  A bunch of single women I know  who are around her age are struggling with this right now, and some don't even care to have a family - it's the fact that you're starting to go past your prime years (biologically) so there's increasing pressure to do it sooner rather than later.  At least there are more ways to do it on her own (e.g., adoption, sperm donor) or later in life (egg freezing, surrogate) if that's what she desires.  Whatever she does is fine, as long as she's happy.  

OMonster
26 minutes ago, LadyHaha said:

I think this is part of my point, though. 

Like, Gaga - aside from Dan, really - tends to have really serious relationships that last for a long while. From an outside perspective, she's someone who loves very deeply. You only have to read her lyrics to know that to be true, too. 

That's why I think it's so sad that her 'power' can come between love. 

I believe she will never choose between fame and love. She will wait to share both with the right person. But most men in her life have always, at one point, found the fame too much. 

And of course, Gaga doesn't *need* love. But it's obvious she wants it. And it's sad that her love has always been broken by her second (or first) love of music. 

I'm certainly not saying that Gaga goes through endless relationships and desperately needs to find someone who lasts. 

Not at all. 

More than her passion makes love very difficult and that leaves her hurting, which I think is sad.

subtext / fantasy

Franch Toast

I want to preface this post with the disclaimer that her love life is her personal life, and I ultimately don't care whom she dates/marries as long as she's happy, and it's up to her how little or much she wants to reveal about her relationships to the public. 

I also want to say that relationships are hard, whether or not you're famous. 

I think it must be difficult to have a relationship with Lady Gaga, as in, the public persona of Stefani, and by relationship, I don't just mean romantic relationship, but even a friendship or familial relationship – not because Lady Gaga isn't a good partner/friend/family member, but because of the intense spotlight she's under which extends to those close to her, and from the viewpoint of the public, almost anyone who's alongside her generally is viewed as being secondary to her. (For example, Cynthia tends to be identified as "Lady Gaga's mother" instead of Lady Gaga being referred to as "Cynthia's daughter"; or Bo as "LG's best friend" instead of LG as "Bo's best friend"; etc.) 

That said, I think having a relationship with Stefani, as in, the person behind the public persona, is another matter. As I don't know Stefani, I can't comment on this aspect too much, but she seems to be very loyal and caring toward those to whom she is close, and she seems to love very deeply, whether we're talking about Bo, Natali, Cynthia, Joe, or someone else. I also imagine Stefani shares the same dating woes and joys that the rest of us do, but the difference is, she's also saddled with the baggage of being Lady Gaga (which brings both challenges and benefits). 

I would imagine that any romantic prospect of hers needs to be able to love and understand Stefani while acknowledging that the public performance of Lady Gaga is also an important part of Stefani's life, and as mentioned above, unless she's involved with someone who's also super famous, that person is probably going to be regarded by the media and the GP as being secondary to her, almost like an appendage rather than a fully independent person with a rich life of their own. This is not Gaga's/Stefani's fault, but rather the circumstances of her situation which are beyond her control. 

I also want to add that successful women, whether famous or not, often have trouble finding a good romantic partner, especially heterosexual women. There are lots of reasons for this – being more focused on their career than their love lives; not being willing to "settle"/having higher standards; straight men sometimes being intimated by strong, successful women...

Given these circumstances, it's hard to say whether she's better off dating/marrying another celebrity or someone who's outside of the limelight. I doubt she cares whether her significant other is famous and probably just wants someone who can appreciate and love her for who she is as both Stefani and Lady Gaga and who can respect and understand things that are important to her, someone who'll be there for the challenges as well as the successes without becoming intimidated, overwhelmed, or threatened. Ultimately, the character of this person is going to matter much more than whether they're famous or not. She's stated before that she wants someone with their own career and isn't just looking for someone to follow her around, but it's all about striking a balance. 

Anyway, this is all rambling speculation because I've never met the woman, and I'm hardly an expert in romantic endeavors. 

She/Her/Hers

mmmmonster
1 hour ago, Franch Toast said:

I also want to add that successful women, whether famous or not, often have trouble finding a good romantic partner, especially heterosexual women. There are lots of reasons for this – being more focused on their career than their love lives; not being willing to "settle"/having higher standards; straight men sometimes being intimated by strong, successful women...

This is a fact and all the reasons you cited are completely valid.  Professional women struggle with this too, and that's why you don't see a lot of women in leadership roles, and a lot of executive women have made a lot of sacrifices to get to where they are.  All my female mentors are either single (happily so though, and that's important), divorced, or have weird family dynamics at home because they're the breadwinner.  Unfortunately, I just haven't met anyone who "has it all" in the traditional sense.  When you add fame to this, it just gets even more delicate.  

Like you said, who she dates/loves is entirely her business but I do fantasize that such a person exists: famous or not, someone with great character who doesn't feel diminished by LG's success/reputation, doesn't care about public scrutiny,  and feels justly equal in the relationship - e.g., Oprah and Sted.

Sanne Godijn
3 hours ago, OMonster said:

You could be right. 

I hate to say it, but this is one of the reasons why her and Bradley Cooper could've worked so well together.

Or her and Mark Ronson

Archived