Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

"Dolly Parton's Heartstrings" (Netflix)

rumours

Featured Posts

rumours

New this Fall on Netflix, "Dolly Parton's Heartstrings" is being released on November 22nd. It is an 8-part anthology series consisting of mini-movies based on different songs on Parton. Parton will be starring in various roles throughout the series in varying capacities.

dolly-partons-heartstrings_episode-22jol

The songs that the movies are based on will be:

Jolene, These Old Bones, If I Had Wings, JJ Sneed, Two Doors Down, Down From Dover, Sugar Hill, and Cracker Jack.

According to the New York Post, other actors in the series include: "Ginnifer Goodwin (“Why Women Kill”), Golden Globe winner Kathleen Turner (“Prizzi’s Honor,” “Romancing the Stone”), spouses Gerald McRaney (“This Is Us,” “House of Cards”) and Delta Burke (“Designing Women”), Oscar and Emmy winner Melissa Leo (“The Fighter,” “Louie”), Vanessa Rubio (“Cobra Kai”), Julianne Hough (“America’s Got Talent”), Tim Reid (“WKRP in Cincinnati”), 1960s crooner Mac Davis, “Thirtysomething” co-stars Timothy Busfield and Patricia Wettig, and Dallas Roberts (“Insatiable”)."

Source: https://nypost.com/2019/10/17/dolly-parton-rocks-country-flair-in-netflixs-heartstrings/

heartstrings_2.jpg?w=768dolly-parton-duo-1a.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1286

The following are links to the songs that are in the series:

Spoiler

Parton - who has written well over 5000 songs - has expressed interest in doing a second season of the anthology series if this first season does well.

Chromatica

A very interesting selection of Dolly songs! I'm glad they didn't just go with the hits. 

I'm most excited for Down from Dover (I completely forgot about this song)  and Two Doors Down.

SharkmanthaC

I can't wait for this.  It'll be so good.

Spoiler

Also, I came to this thread to tag you.  I should have known. :ladyhaha:

she/her/hers

rumours
11 minutes ago, Captain Templea said:

A very interesting selection of Dolly songs! I'm glad they didn't just go with the hits. 

I'm most excited for Down from Dover (I completely forgot about this song)  and Two Doors Down.

I’m glad they didn’t go with all famous songs as well. 
I am most excited for Down From Dover since that’s always been one of my favorite Dolly songs. 

This is such a cute idea. I cant open the article for some reason, I think it's issues with my phone. Would the second season be a different artist or would it still be Dolly?

rumours
1 minute ago, GoneGUY said:

This is such a cute idea. I cant open the article for some reason, I think it's issues with my phone. Would the second season be a different artist or would it still be Dolly?

I believe if a second season occurs, it will be a selection of different Dolly songs. 

Chromatica
20 minutes ago, rumours said:

I believe if a second season occurs, it will be a selection of different Dolly songs. 

I'd want "Jeannie's Afraid of the Dark" or "Applejack" for a second season.

rumours
7 minutes ago, Captain Templea said:

I'd want "Jeannie's Afraid of the Dark" or "Applejack" for a second season.

If they don’t include “The Bridge” on season 2, I’ll riot. 

Archived