Harleys in Hawaii - 1.5m views in 24 hours

Stef

Featured Posts

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
vedetegomes
29 minutes ago, illySpencer said:

Because Katy did a lot of  promo for NRO, SM and HIH ?  LOL. She did nothing compare to GaGa, I remember you that GaGa has the SuperBowl + Coachella +  Grammy live and promo all aroung the world, Katy did nothing to those 3 singles. It's not even a part of KP5. So stop, Katy didn't failed, GaGa did !  

putting all her songs on the top of TTH playlist with the cover is more than a promo. Katy is a super fad nowadays

Delicate94

I was surprised by the number as well, but I wouldn't even know it came out except for like a day later YouTube decided to put it in my recommendations. Anyways, I liked this one way more than her last two hits. It sounda fresh and the style reminds me of Slumber Party. 

So about that "not KP5" rumor, is that hinted somewhere? I remember someone here telling me shes going to release an album this year.

Miley's following a similar pattern, not dropping the whole album but feeding us her music just enough to get by. And then there is Taylor with her whopping 18 tracks album, which I would have preferred a bit fewer. 

Also, wednesday releases like what's going on bts? Got so many questions.

A Hybrid
15 minutes ago, Delicate94 said:

Anyways, I liked this one way more than her last two hits

Dark Horse and CTTR?

No family’s safe when I sashay

StrawberryBlond
3 hours ago, illySpencer said:

Because Katy did a lot of  promo for NRO, SM and HIH ?  LOL. She did nothing compare to GaGa, I remember you that GaGa has the SuperBowl + Coachella +  Grammy live and promo all aroung the world, Katy did nothing to those 3 singles. It's not even a part of KP5. So stop, Katy didn't failed, GaGa did !  

But someone like Katy shouldn't need to do heavy promo. Artists of her stature effortlessly release songs, whether they're from albums or not, don't promote them, but they chart decently and get good views. Ariana's song, Boyfriend, while it wasn't a super smash, peaked at #8, has just hit 101 million views and 3 million likes in 2 months despite only one promo peformance and only performing it for a short while on tour. That's a stand alone single and she's got a similar number of subscribers to Katy. Explain to me why one's doing so much better than the other with the same strategy. And it's hard to take any claims of Gaga failing seriously when she's been slaying for the last year. She had to come back from her downfall, now she's slaying. Katy's had a downfall but hasn't recovered yet. Why are you saying she's doing better than Gaga?

3 hours ago, Economy said:

@StrawberryBlond well its not everyday it gets cold enough to get frost true but its a season :rip:

The typical temperature in the summer in my area of portugal was 28C to 30C in the day while winter time its like 10C to 12C. Thats a considerable difference

like ur talking about a song not being in season. Like in Portugal and im sure in spain generally speaking ur not going to the beach in January unless its one of those ramdom perk ups

i assume Italy may be warmer tho but even so it has its seasons

Seeing that some of my family goes to Spain in winter and they love the sun, I've always thought it can't get that cold. Does it get dark early at night in the winter? I've never been to these places at these times so can't say.

2 hours ago, Hades said:

It feels like her golden days never existed. Something's off since Bon Appetit. :wtfga:

I'm still confused as to why Bon Appetit was where it all imploded. It was her lowest charting single to date at the time, #58. It ticked all the boxes for a hit - it's a Katy Perry song, it's her second single, it follows the hip hop/trap trend, it's a sexy song, it features artists-of-the-moment Migos, it's got a controversial video. I get why certain people wouldn't like such a song, but they're not the majority. We've seen the trash the public get to #1. What about this didn't connect with the public and its basic taste? Ever since then, not a single top ten, with the highest position being #15. I could understand why the public couldn't connect with CTTR because it was maybe too preachy for a pop song and definitely too preachy for a Katy Perry song. You could see why her team immediately went for Bon Appetit and Swish Swish afterwards, as if to say "That was just a blip, here's the old, fun, happy Katy, the one you want!" But it turns out they didn't want that either. Out of all the songs that was going to be the start of a downfall for Katy, why this one? I'm genuinely curious. But, as I was predicting before, I thought she was going to be in a catch 22 - her young fanbase was outgrowing her but the older crowd think she's too childish, meaning she's going to have no audience at all.

12 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I'm still confused as to why Bon Appetit was where it all imploded. It was her lowest charting single to date at the time, #58. It ticked all the boxes for a hit - it's a Katy Perry song, it's her second single, it follows the hip hop/trap trend, it's a sexy song, it features artists-of-the-moment Migos, it's got a controversial video. I get why certain people wouldn't like such a song, but they're not the majority. We've seen the trash the public get to #1. What about this didn't connect with the public and its basic taste? Ever since then, not a single top ten, with the highest position being #15. I could understand why the public couldn't connect with CTTR because it was maybe too preachy for a pop song and definitely too preachy for a Katy Perry song. You could see why her team immediately went for Bon Appetit and Swish Swish afterwards, as if to say "That was just a blip, here's the old, fun, happy Katy, the one you want!" But it turns out they didn't want that either. Out of all the songs that was going to be the start of a downfall for Katy, why this one? I'm genuinely curious. But, as I was predicting before, I thought she was going to be in a catch 22 - her young fanbase was outgrowing her but the older crowd think she's too childish, meaning she's going to have no audience at all.

It's honestly really sad when artists lose their ''power'' and tend to release seldom or never again. The industry is really cruel...:messga: There should be space for everyone but once they're out of the charts they lose money and change careers.

StrawberryBlond
2 minutes ago, Hades said:

It's honestly really sad when artists lose their ''power'' and tend to release seldom or never again. The industry is really cruel...:messga: There should be space for everyone but once they're out of the charts they lose money and change careers.

The concept of being worshipped to suddenly nobody caring about you must be a mind-f**k. It's not even a gradual descent into irrelevancy, it's essentially an overnight abandonment. It must leave many an artist scratching their head wondering what they've done wrong. It makes me glad I never pursued my childhood dream of singing. I don't think I could take such a rejection. At least Katy's rich beyond her wildest dreams and is engaged, so she's got happiness in her life so she can ride it out whatever happens but if this happens to an artist who's in a bad place, it must do stuff do them. She did say on that Witness livestream that she didn't know if she wanted to be Katy Perry anymore. It was like she was going through an identity crisis and didn't like to be made to feel like she had to keep making the peppy pop music her label wanted and be this superstar. Maybe the stuff she's making now is more for her and she's happier living a quiet existance, who knows?

Economy

@StrawberryBlond im tagging u just cuz ur quoting multiple people and its too much work to delete the rest on the phone :selena:

Anyway this also may depend on the part of spain they are . I can SE Spain being warmer and drier for example

In Portugal (at least in my area) it rains A LOT from October to April typically... and yes it can get quite chilly. Not as cold as here in Canada but as i said, temperatures dropping below freezing point at night is not uncommon

also in the NW of Portugal away from the Ocean even if your not on the mountains sometimes u get snow

Winter is rainny, damp and quite cool temperature wise and you need jackets when u go outside most days and summer is hot and dry. Two polar opposite seasons

So it has seasons that vary greatly and a song like this wouldnt fit the winter at all. I was there for 8 consecutive years i think id know. Trust me theres no beach weather in January unless its a weird anomally winter heat wave :selena:

the very south of Portugal is drier and warmer and so are the Islands. There u might get some beachy weather in the warmest winter days but the majority of the mainland (excluding the south By Mediterranean Sea) is too cold and rainny for that 

illySpencer
4 hours ago, Delicate94 said:

So about that "not KP5" rumor, is that hinted somewhere? I remember someone here telling me shes going to release an album this year.

She never said she would released an album this year. She said that if NRO did well, she could transformed it into her lead, otherwise she had already something else in her sleeve. And she clearly decided to choose the second option, because SM and HIH was presented as stand alone, like Billboard corrected itself.  

She also said that she just want to release single, and she could release an album if ppl really want it. 

We also know that she worked on KP5 during the second leg of WTT, so the album is still in work. She met Max Martin in Sweden and she works with the guy who produced New Rules (Dua Lipa), and rumor has it that she also worked with The Weeknd too.  

Rumors said that she is supposed to go on tour late 2020 (a latin newspaper or website told us), so we can guess she will release her lead early 2020. 

If she has more Charlie Puth tracks then she will continue to flop and no point putting all those songs onto an album as she will be lucky to shift 150k in total.  I think her voice is not appealing to the discerning fickle music public anymore.

zakariah
7 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

Same here. Once the queen of #1's, but she hasn't had one since 2014 and she's only had one top 10 hit in 5 years (I know, people had to look up that stat when I quoted it before). I knew it was going to end up going this way eventually but I didn't think the downfall would be as drastic in 2017 and only get worse from there. Witness turned into an even bigger disaster than I could've anticipated and it's beyond me how her new work isn't even having a sniff at the US top 10 and views for her videos are lower than they've ever been, just not registering at all. Don't get me wrong, I've seen swift dips from fame into near-enough irrelevancy before but never with someone who is as famous and successful as Katy. I enjoyed it at first because I wasn't feeling her Witness material, the floppage of these songs made up for earlier songs that were hits and didn't deserve it and I was still in that bitter "AP must get her redemption" phase but to see her new work, most of which has been quite good, just pass the public by completely has been more than a little bit sad to watch. I genuinely feel for her now.

It's even sadder when you think of it from her perspective, I feel like she might think that the GP is indirectly telling her that her music isn't worth listening to if it's not written by Dr. Luke, even if they didn't know he wrote most of her old songs.

StrawberryBlond
17 hours ago, Economy said:

@StrawberryBlond im tagging u just cuz ur quoting multiple people and its too much work to delete the rest on the phone :selena:

Anyway this also may depend on the part of spain they are . I can SE Spain being warmer and drier for example

In Portugal (at least in my area) it rains A LOT from October to April typically... and yes it can get quite chilly. Not as cold as here in Canada but as i said, temperatures dropping below freezing point at night is not uncommon

also in the NW of Portugal away from the Ocean even if your not on the mountains sometimes u get snow

Winter is rainny, damp and quite cool temperature wise and you need jackets when u go outside most days and summer is hot and dry. Two polar opposite seasons

So it has seasons that vary greatly and a song like this wouldnt fit the winter at all. I was there for 8 consecutive years i think id know. Trust me theres no beach weather in January unless its a weird anomally winter heat wave :selena:

the very south of Portugal is drier and warmer and so are the Islands. There u might get some beachy weather in the warmest winter days but the majority of the mainland (excluding the south By Mediterranean Sea) is too cold and rainny for that 

Thanks for the education. I really had no idea. I've only been to Spain once in my life and it was in the south in May and it was hot but not sweltering but I was assured temperature doesn't get that much lower throughout the year but maybe that's from people who only go there occasionally and aren't actually living there for years on end. I didn't know you lived in Portugal before, I thought you were born and bred Canadian-Portuguese. You were the one who first made me notice of the Portuguese origin population Canada had because I only knew about the French settlers, obviously. Then I remembered Nelly Furtado and then it was like more Canadian-Portuguese kept appearing after that!

15 hours ago, Aquarius said:

It's even sadder when you think of it from her perspective, I feel like she might think that the GP is indirectly telling her that her music isn't worth listening to if it's not written by Dr. Luke, even if they didn't know he wrote most of her old songs.

True, he wrote almost all of her biggest hits, apart from Waking Up In Vegas and Firework. But it's crazy to think out of her 9 #1's, he was on the writing team for 8 of them. It's no exaggeration to say she owes basically her entire career to him. Even with Max Martin and Bonnie McKee also being big contributors, once Luke was gone from the dream team, that was it for her. I hope people didn't abandon her purely because of the Luke connection - she'd stopped making music with him before Kesha even made the accusations, after all. But yeah, maybe she's wondering if he's the only reason she got the success she did. Which must be very demoralising for any artist.

Archived