đź’“ DAWN OF CHROMATICA đź’“

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Harleys in Hawaii - 1.5m views in 24 hours

Stef

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
1 minute ago, Spartacus said:

Is this the go-to excuse we're using this time?  Why?  Cuz you can't ride Harleys in Hawaii during the fall?  Can't smash in the the fall?  'Thank u, next' says hello...

mitt romney obama GIF

I think Americans, especially those living in warm states, like Katy, easily forget that a lot of world have 4 seasons and therefore, find it difficult to bop to summery tunes in the chilly autumn/dead of winter. In the UK, artists don't release songs like this at this time, this is when the soft ballads come out and music of a more neutral tone. We love our summer bops, but only when we're in the actual summer time, otherwise, it's pointless. If labels want their artists to smash internationally, they have to keep seasons in mind. Europe has 4 seasons (well, maybe not quite Spain and Italy but you get the point) and Europe is a major market when it comes to music smashing, it's the second best place Americans want to "make it" after their home country. So, yeah, good to keep in mind. I can appreciate songs at any time of year but I can't say I feel in a summery mood right now when it's cold and it's got dark by 5pm and is pitch black by 7pm. Scandinavians have it even worse for months, that's why depression's so high in these countries.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's what non-copyright elevator music deserves

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Economy
1 hour ago, Reginald said:

I still have suspicions that her label isn't funding her projects / supporting her as enthusiastically as they used to. The lack of promo for a top-tier popstar like Katy is shocking.

But, the song is a bop and I'll keep shouting #JusticeFor365 

Labels typically dont invest as heavily on an artist that has been famous for several years and is over a certain age

#1 its not worth putting a lot of money into an artist that is reaching an age where GP popularity is hard to maintain and starts to expire

#2 Their fan base is generally already more or less established. Either u made enough loyal fans to be successful for rest of career without needing promo or to top the charts, or u havent managed that entire time which means u probably never will...

Either way its not worth putting the budget. If an artist has loyal fans for life its better to divert resources to producing a new star... if an artist after a decade can only sell thru general public then they arent a good long term investment either as they get older

Either way when an artist has had their years of fame, they are kind on their own after that to try to succeed. Labels dont keep pushing the same artists forever, eventually your funding gets diverted to new stars

Dominic

NRO is one of the best songs of the year so I can forgive Katy for this one. 

The hardest thing in this world is to live in it

I’m really confused what’s going on with her can someone pls explain? I thought she was taking a break, and then I thought she said she wasn’t putting out music or an album until there’s demand, but she keeps dropping songs. No shade I’m just not a Katy fan so I’m just curious if these are singles for an album? Or is she just having fun writing and releasing random stand alone songs?  

migamiga

So I guess that settles it. There are only 1.5 millions gays in the world with access to the internet :vegas:

moonboywow
47 minutes ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I think Americans, especially those living in warm states, like Katy, easily forget that a lot of world have 4 seasons and therefore, find it difficult to bop to summery tunes in the chilly autumn/dead of winter. In the UK, artists don't release songs like this at this time, this is when the soft ballads come out and music of a more neutral tone. We love our summer bops, but only when we're in the actual summer time, otherwise, it's pointless. If labels want their artists to smash internationally, they have to keep seasons in mind. Europe has 4 seasons (well, maybe not quite Spain and Italy but you get the point) and Europe is a major market when it comes to music smashing, it's the second best place Americans want to "make it" after their home country. So, yeah, good to keep in mind. I can appreciate songs at any time of year but I can't say I feel in a summery mood right now when it's cold and it's got dark by 5pm and is pitch black by 7pm. Scandinavians have it even worse for months, that's why depression's so high in these countries.

Exactly. That's exactly why this song makes no sense being released at this time. It's almost November, Katy. Get your crap together. 

Economy
1 hour ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I lived in Portugal for 8 years i can tell u the Mediterranean climate DOES have seasons

the coldest winter days we even got frost and ice at night. If Portugal has that Spain definitely does

2 minutes ago, box said:

shady kim kardashian west GIF

I'm not shading, I'm dragging.

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

SHALLOW
1 hour ago, Spartacus said:

Is this the go-to excuse we're using this time?  Why?  Cuz you can't ride Harleys in Hawaii during the fall?  A bop can't smash in the fall?  'Thank u, next' says hello...

mitt romney obama GIF

Sis, i'm totally ok with that but it would've done better in summer with the GP, just sayin'. 

So a bop can smash in fall but not a summery bop :vegas:

FentyGa
2 hours ago, LordEnigma said:

It’s the same world that made Shallow number one 🤷🏻‍♂️

Don’t know why y’all think HIH is some pop masterpiece.

because it is:queenga:

i mean, it should’ve been released in july, but besides thatttt

it has rly cool, chill production in a style katy hasn’t done yet

it’s hella catchy

it’s different from 365/NRO/small talk

everything about it is amazing tbh

it has the same charm as doin’ time

FentyGa
42 minutes ago, Smcgibben said:

I’m really confused what’s going on with her can someone pls explain? I thought she was taking a break, and then I thought she said she wasn’t putting out music or an album until there’s demand, but she keeps dropping songs. No shade I’m just not a Katy fan so I’m just curious if these are singles for an album? Or is she just having fun writing and releasing random stand alone songs?  

ding ding ding

letsgetdirrty
2 hours ago, Reginald said:

I still have suspicions that her label isn't funding her projects / supporting her as enthusiastically as they used to. The lack of promo for a top-tier popstar like Katy is shocking.

But, the song is a bop and I'll keep shouting #JusticeFor365 

What lack of promo? I think her label is working really hard for someone that can barely sell anything. Never Really Over was one of the most payola’d songs of the year and still it didn’t crack the top 10 in most countries, Witness success was abysmal even though her label had secured her a Spotify deal. I think her label is actually wasting too much time on an artist who can’t sell anything.

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

Archived