Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Will Gaga Go the Waterfall Route?

duckworth

Featured Posts

duckworth

If you're not yet aware of the waterfall route, basically it's a new strategy by record labels to push out more singles from artists, straying away from the more traditional full album-era route taken before that was quite effective during the physical and  digital sales era. This is considered more "successful" and "effective" as we could see in artists like Billie Eilish, where EPs were favored (before releasing an album) and singles are pushed constantly.

Here's a pretty good and in-depth video by Verge featuring Charli XCX explaining this new release strategy and adapting for streaming: 

This is currently what Capitol Records is doing with Katy, with Never Really Over, Small Talk, and Harleys in Hawaii, with no album plans in sight. 

So do you think Gaga's gonna go down this route as well? (Or maybe Interscope is already pushing Gaga to do this but Gaga's fighting them :huh:)

Eras are becoming less and less impactful as they did before anyway (See: Lover era, Thank You Next era, etc as compared to BTW era, Teenage Dream era, Reputation era, etc)and perhaps, maybe it's time for a new trend to come in. Maybe releasing more albums and songs constantly are the new thing. What do you think?

9 minutes ago, DAMN said:

If you're not yet aware of the waterfall route, basically it's a new strategy by record labels to push out more singles from artists, straying away from the more traditional full album-era route taken before that was quite effective during the physical and  digital sales era. This is considered more "successful" and "effective" as we could see in artists like Billie Eilish, where EPs were favored (before releasing an album) and singles are pushed constantly.

Here's a pretty good and in-depth video by Verge featuring Charli XCX explaining this new release strategy and adapting for streaming: 

This is currently what Capitol Records is doing with Katy, with Never Really Over, Small Talk, and Harleys in Hawaii, with no album plans in sight. 

So do you think Gaga's gonna go down this route as well? (Or maybe Interscope is already pushing Gaga to do this but Gaga's fighting them :huh:)

Eras are becoming less and less impactful as they did before anyway (See: Lover era, Thank You Next era, etc as compared to BTW era, Teenage Dream era, Reputation era, etc)and perhaps, maybe it's time for a new trend to come in. Maybe releasing more albums and songs constantly are the new thing. What do you think?

What did I say? @iforgotyourname

Ryusei

Honestly with an album in sight like 5 months ahead and then releasing songs off it is kind of... unnecessary just announce it closer to the actual release date but if there is no album in sight to keep someone from kind of getting forgotten or something I think it's a good thing. 

Like idk but releasing a song a week before the album is out anyways for example seems very non-impactful and unnecessary to me? 

Also another problem to me is that those pre-releases essentially never seem to really have any impact... like you never see one of those songs randomly go big unless it's hugely promoted which is what those songs aren't intended for anyways. I just feel like it doesn't make much of a difference (again with an album in sight that is)

Musery

15 minutes ago, DAMN said:

Then no :messga:

툭 까보면 어김없이 소리질러와

duckworth
2 minutes ago, Enzo said:

Then no :messga:

but it did work for other artists tho :huh:

i mean look at Ariana with the entire TUN era just months after Sweetener

and I'm sure Gaga wants to release music constantly as well 

duckworth
Just now, S0436 said:

Sad that Charli xcx is explaining this strategy considering it didn’t work for her new album!

well her music's not really for everybody 

plus she knows what works for the mainstream or not (i.e. Señorita, Same Old Love) 

she just prefers to be more creative with her own releases

SeasonOfTheWitch
2 minutes ago, DAMN said:

but it did work for other artists tho :huh:

i mean look at Ariana with the entire TUN era just months after Sweetener

Then why does she 

GaGaAst
2 minutes ago, DAMN said:

Then why the hell she doesn't release it often..she does what she wants. 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Glamourpuss

When other artists have done it it seems to be filler songs and it comes across as a cheap way to stay relevant while they make the better music. That's the way it comes across to me. I'd rather Gaga just focus on a solid body of work and release it the traditional way. 

bloody g

No she won't, Gaga is very conservative with her album releases :vegas: Also her way of releasing has always worked for her so there's no need to change it.

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

alextruper17
4 minutes ago, DAMN said:

Sis...

lady gaga omg GIF by Golden Globes

Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince

duckworth
2 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

Her albums sell better than her singles.

I mean do they though? I mean I'm pretty sure Million Reasons sold more than Joanne, same goes with Applause and ARTPOP, Born This Way and the album, etc.

The only album that sold more is The Fame. But cumulatively speaking of TF singles, they still sold more than the album. Just look at PF and JD.  :huh:

Archived