đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

QUESTION: one second i'm a koons, then suddenly the koons is me?

June

Featured Posts

Ally Campana
18 minutes ago, Schizophonic said:

the word i didnt wrote is C.U.N.T. ... ;-)

Oh I C. :whitney:

Does it matter? Damage is done

This has always been a riddle to me. What makes the most sense to me is a mispronunciation or edit of fan to then.

One second I'm a Koons fan (then) suddenly the Koons is me. [ Jeffery Koons American artist that did the statue of Gaga for ARTPOP.]

Koons in the first usage could also be slang for something, something of a putdown, so idk. But I've always been puzzled by this lyric. 

So it could be like,  I used to be this slang negative insult, now I'm a statue by a famous artist.

I didn't know kunst meant art in German, so that's an interesting twist, but the rest of the song is English.

She talked about this theory she had about ARTPOP being the opposite of what Andy Warhol did.

Warhol put pop culture into art, and now she was putting art on pop culture. 

Sanne Godijn
1 hour ago, Venus Rose said:

Kunst means art in German, and she does have a history of German (even if its fake) in her music.  Its a double meaning. also, Jeff Koons is an artist who collaborated with her for the ARTPOP visuals. I think she's saying that "one second she's the art, then suddenly the art is her". ARTPOP was all about that, anyways.

lady gaga applause GIF

Kunst It also means art in dutch

PartySick
1 hour ago, Schizophonic said:

remember the days when everyone thought she sings "c u next tuesday"  insteat...

A reverse "caskets will fall" expedition

đź–¤

ARTPOP2

the ARTPOP sculpture by Koons consists of a representation of an artist (Gaga) by another artist (Koons). these lyrics are referencing the ambiguity of Gaga being the artist and the artwork at the same time

27 minutes ago, ARTPOP2 said:

the ARTPOP sculpture by Koons consists of a representation of an artist (Gaga) by another artist (Koons). these lyrics are referencing the ambiguity of Gaga being the artist and the artwork at the same

One second I'm the artist, then suddenly the art is me.

(Happens all the time with painters and self-portraits.)

Archived