Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
society

84% Vegans And Vegetarians Go Back To Eating Meat

Featured Posts

RAMROD

Toriko_eating_Galala_Gator_meat_OVA.jpg

According to a large study of American dietary habits, 84 percent of vegetarians and vegans eventually go back to eating meat. The study was funded by advocacy group the Humane Research Council, which partnered with Harris Interactive to survey the meat-eating habits of 11,399 adults ages 17 and older.

A few of the more interesting findings:

2 percent of American adults are current vegetarians or vegans, 10 percent are former vegetarians/vegans, and 88 percent have never been vegetarian or vegan. 

More than half of the ex-vegetarians/vegans gave up on their veggie ways within their first year; a third went back to meat within three months.

The average age that people said they first decided to give up meat was 34.

About a third of ex-vegetarians and vegans said they were living with a non-vegetarian/vegan significant other when they started eating meat again.  

Also, current vegetarians and vegans were more likely to name multiple reasons for avoiding meat and/or animal products, whereas many of the exes only reported one motivational factor, usually health. 

Sources:

https://www.thecut.com/2014/12/84-percent-of-vegetarians-go-back-to-eating-meat.html

Interesting :fan:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 14
  • YAAAS 1
  • Shook 3
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 3

River

Gaga ha impact :diane:

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Like 2
  • LMAO 7

weed

I mean if someone doesn't eat meat for a few weeks I wouldn't consider them "vegans going back to meat" I'd say someone tried it out and didn't like it lmao but that's interesting..

• Like 20
  • Thanks 6

RAMROD
2 minutes ago, Lucifer said:

Ooop. I’m one of those 84% :selena:

And which side is more enjoyable for you? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ ♥ One ♥ Too ♥ Many ♥ Mornings ♥

Gov Hooka

I’ve done that too. But I’ve drastically reduced my meat consumption. Tends to happen when you only eat Indian food and daal (lentil soup) becomes one of your main sources of protein 

• Like 5

Henri Bardot

Its just so difficult to eat without meat in most Western countries and get all your nutrients without expending hours in the kitchen. 

I stopped eating meat for a month or so, and when I got back to school I needed to eat meat at least twice a week for that reason.

If I ate vegetarian at school (vegan is imposible), id only eat carbs and fat most of the time :/ 

Whereas in India, being vegeterian is really easy. 

We just got so used to eating meat everyday, knowing we dont need it.

boys don't cry
  • LMAO 2

Ally Campana

Me too. I tried it and it didn’t work out. On the bright side, my meat consumption dropped a ton. Now I only eat meat once a week on average, twice a week at most. 

Edited by Ally Campana
  • Like 3

Henri Bardot

Vegeterian options at reastaurants are most of the time a ****ing joke.

Its just veggies and pasta or rice. Only Asian cuisine is more open, if not... tragic

boys don't cry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glamourpuss

Not me. I've been a vegetarian for well over a decade now. I could never go back to eating meat. 

Serial liker
  • Like 9
  • YAAAS 6
  • Love 13
  • Thanks 2

LaLa

Yeah :poot:

I was a vegetarian for about 5 years, but had to switch back when my husband needed to start eating meat again for health reasons. It was too much to be making different meals all the time. 

We do still eat a lot less meat though, and it was valuable in that it really expanded my cooking skills and palate.  And I may go back to it in the future.

• Like 4
  • LMAO 1