Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Lizzo fails at trying to break Iggy's record

SissyFromSpace

Featured Posts

StrawberryBlond
14 hours ago, Ployd said:

I'm not saying people are wrong for being chart obsessed, I'm saying its hypocritical for people on gagadaily that care so much about it to judge her for doing the same thing. Maybe read what I'm saying next time.

You haven't read what I said. I said that artists are in a different lane and should be professional and not comment on other artists negatively or be public about wanting to break other artist's records. They're all in the same boat, they should support each other and keep any problems with each other away from the public eye. My point is that the public can be as harsh at they want as we're the ones who judge artists output. But the artists themselves have to be more respectful and supportive of one another seeing as they're in the same business. It's not becoming on an artist when they appear desperate for a hit especially when they have to make a point of reminding people which artist holds the existing record they have to beat. Let the public be chart obsessed and argue about who is best but artists should be above all that.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
berlinforme

Looking at the charts here I find it ridiculous that we cancel anybody over anything, yet Chris Brown is still up there. :wtfga:

One week was enough to be 1st. This is a little overrated.

Also, Uptown Road or whatever it's called is so much overrated by Billboard as well.

19 hours ago, SKANK said:

Literally the first post in this thread, the OP, includes screen shots from twitter of an article from the Daily Beat with a headline and byline making this entirely about race.

Why Lizzo Dethroning Iggy Azalea Is So Damn Important: One is a genuine black woman who preaches self-love; the other is an Australian impostor who fakes a Southern “blaccent.”

You can disagree with @StrawberryBlond without resorting to personal attacks and inaccuracies. :vegas:

Thank you for inserting yourself, but the OP including a video that contains a screenshot from one article about the topic is an extremely tenuous link for justifying this as part of the discussion, as if everyone was making that point. So it's not inaccurate. Clutching at straws.

19 hours ago, StrawberryBlond said:

I already said the two parts were unconnected. The thread's about her just falling short of the record, so of course that was the first thing to speak about. I wasn't celebrating the song just falling short, just giving my analysis on it. I'm just looking at things logically, not trying to be mean. I didn't say anything about it not a big deal that that she got a multi week number one, I was just looking at the situation like "just because you got that achievement doesn't mean you'll stick around." Cardi was accused of not necessarily sticking around and she's achieved more than Lizzo, so i think I'm well within my rights to predict one hit wonder status for someone who's achieved less. I never said I was so successful and justified in life to pass judgement on singers. I love music, I analyse it in my spare time for fun, it relaxes me, it takes my mind off things. My analysis isn't all sunshine and rainbows but the world would be boring if we all had the same taste.

Somebody asked and it was so obvious why some people are saying that Lizzo breaking Iggy's record is important (the very next post I quote supports this), so I just gave them an honest response. My motives are to stop race-based prejudice and have people judged on their talent, choices, character. I say I want to stop unnecessary race battles and you come in with you're usual presumptions that I'm a racist bigot. Nothing could be further from the truth and you make yourself look ridiculous every time you do it.

In the words of Iggy, "If you hate me, bitch, get yo life."

You're a mighty joke. It's hilariously obvious what your intentions are as it's the first thing that you run to whenever you get a chance. Your whole shtick of "why can't all women succeed?" falls apart as soon as there's a black woman to criticise. For someone that "loves music" you prove time and time again to know sweet FA about it. It's truly embarrassing to witness.

SissyFromSpace
1 hour ago, Harry said:

Thank you for inserting yourself, but the OP including a video that contains a screenshot from one article about the topic is an extremely tenuous link for justifying this as part of the discussion, as if everyone was making that point. So it's not inaccurate. Clutching at straws.

And that "screenshot"  was a massively discussed article all over social media making it about race. lol. 

Barbie elitist - Weaboo - Sissy

Venusoflove
15 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

The little racists are at it yet again 

Racist because they dont like lizzo? Lol im an african american woman and i dnt care for lizzo. According to you im self hating then because i hate her style of rap? No i dislike her because the song isnt good enough to beat the record yet alone be a #1 because of a memeable lyric lol the op post showed that the media tried to make this a race war like they do with everything just to keep us seperated. 

Ally Campana
15 hours ago, Aphrodizy26 said:

The little racists are at it yet again 

I’m sorry but isn’t it tiring bringing race everytime some people doesn’t enjoy a black artist? Like can you come up with something else.

Does it matter? Damage is done

FfFfFfFF
21 hours ago, Quasi said:

I'm looking forward to coming back to this comment in a year or two and laughing, I'm just talking honestly.  Along with Truth Hurts peaking at #1, Good as Hell peaked at #2, Juice at #4 and Tempo at #6. I'm literally hearing both Truth Hurts and Good as Hell everywhere I go. The songs are being played on the radio, on commercial spots, and people who I never thought would have enjoyed her songs are singing along to them and everyone is celebrating her success apart from you.  Her video for Truth Hurts has garnered over 130 million views so I don't know what world you're living in where that's a small number and besides, even if the video  didn't get alot of attention that's somewhat irrelevant as  the song itself is doing so well. For being a "random" song it sure took a long ass time to get to where it is - 2 years to be exact. Just Dance was a slow burn and so is Truth Hurts but no one calls Just Dance a random occurrence.  Lizzo has worked extremely hard and hustled to get where she is right now (as I'm sure Iggy has as well) so it's funny that you say we should support women in rap when the first half of your argument is doing the exact opposite.

Are those peaks from the itunes live chart? 

1 hour ago, SissyFromSpace said:

And that "screenshot"  was a massively discussed article all over social media making it about race. lol. 

Nobody was discussing it in here. As I said. Fact. Take a seat.

2 hours ago, Harry said:

You said, "Literally nobody in the thread made it about race until you did. NOBODY. Nobody argued that point."  That's wrong. Race was introduced into the conversation in the very first post of this thread, followed by StrawberryBlond a few posts later.

A lesson Donald Trump is teaching the world right now, by way of his inability to admit when he is wrong, is the value of setting ego aside, acknowledging a mistake, and making amends.

I'll leave it at that. Have a good evening Harry. :)

1 minute ago, SKANK said:

You said, "Literally nobody in the thread made it about race until you did. NOBODY. Nobody argued that point."  That's wrong. Race was introduced into the conversation in the very first post of this thread, followed by StrawberryBlond a few posts later.

A lesson Donald Trump is teaching the world right now, by way of his inability to admit when he is wrong, is the value of setting ego aside, acknowledging a mistake, and making amends.

I'll leave it at that. Have a good evening Harry. :)

But it wasn’t part of the discussion though, SKANK, was it? But thank you for showing up. 

• CyanLights locked this topic

Archived