Morphine Prince
Just now, Enzo said:

"had gone off the deep end" 

Shallow getting that promo

SCREAMING 

KatieJudasGaga4
7 minutes ago, Gagaplayer315 said:

I don't know if I can trust the guy who bashed ARTPOP :nails:

He bashed ARTPOP? Even though he sang the title track?

PartySick

I mean, you live your life isolated, used, abused, lied to, lied about, hunted, and mocked and we'll see what happens :spin:

No human being would come through what MJ went through unscathed. I think Elton is SERIOUSLY exaggerating for sure, it's not like Michael couldn't function perfectly fine (especially in the music business world where he shined as one of the most savvy in the biz) but it's no secret that Michael had serious trust issues, anxiety, depression, and he desperately craved something he could never have - freedom.

Which is why he preferred the company of kids and a select few adults. None of them saw him as a "social pariah" or a meal ticket. He wasn't "Michael Jackson, international superstar!!" He was just "Applehead" and he could let go of his baggage for a bit and be human.

But "they" took even that away from him in the end with the allegations. He used to say he could see the face of God in the innocent faces of children. I'm sure even that image was warped and tainted by slander and paranoia in the end.

He spent 45 years of his 50 year life with all this looming over him.

It was all the abuse and him feeling more and more imprisoned and isolated by his image as time went on that drove him to drugs and his eventual death.

A tragedy, really :S a talented musician, a lovely man, and a true hero to millions ended up dying a depressed, paranoid, and painfully lonely drug addict.

I'll never stop crying for this man and I'll never stop loving him :heart:

🖤

gagzus

i think mentally ill is the wrong term, he definitely had a life affected by fame from a young age which perhaps stunted his ability to see socially what it appeared to others that he was spending a lot of personal time with children. I don't believe he was a pedophile just that he was searching to reclaim his childhood a bit and didn't understand how it looked to society from an outsider perspective.

I was never a Michael fan, his music was just meh to me but i did like his pro-black and equality messages. And I think Elton was wrong to phrase it like this but it is a British thing to over exaggerate our speech 

Madling

Hmmm.. Mentally ill or just a bit of a sicko...

Pretty shitty of Elton to say that about ARTPOP. It had more hits on it than he's had since the 70s.. It really seems like Gaga really threw the last year's success in her peers faces. Those who doubted her. Thought her hey day was over with. 

derpmonster
2 minutes ago, Madling said:

Hmmm.. Mentally ill or just a bit of a sicko...

Pretty shitty of Elton to say that about ARTPOP. It had more hits on it than he's had since the 70s.. It really seems like Gaga really threw the last year's success in her peers faces. Those who doubted her. Thought her hey day was over with. 

I don't think he meant it out of malice. He's wrong though and it's his opinion. Pretty sure Gaga is still friends with him and they have an understanding over it. 

Check out iTunes data & graphs at CHARTPOP.live

KatieJudasGaga4
26 minutes ago, Madling said:

Pretty shitty of Elton to say that about ARTPOP. It had more hits on it than he's had since the 70s.. 

He literally was one of the biggest acts of the 90s. Can You Feel the Love Tonight is a staple song for the movie industry and won him an Oscar and in 1997 his song "Something About the Way You Look Tonight"/"Candle in the Wind" went #1 in the US for 14 weeks and sold 10m copies alone in the US and was the first single to ever be certified diamond. It's the second best selling physical single of all time

Archived