Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Thoughts on Demos/“Work Tapes” on albums?

SeasonOfTheWitch

Featured Posts

SeasonOfTheWitch

What do you guys think about demos making it to albums? Should they be on standard versions, only deluxe (AD Work Tape), only country/store specific deluxe (MR Work Tape), or not at all? 

dynamite

Love the work tapes but standard albums would ideally only include finished songs. Demos should be extras on other versions.

Xoxo Adriana

it's cute until every other artist starts doing it

ConcernedHonorableFiddlercrab-size_restr

Venus Rose
2 minutes ago, dynamite said:

Demos generally wouldn't fit on a standard album, those should only include finished songs. They should be extras only on extended editions.

Couldn't have said it any better

clapping GIF by Steve Harvey TV

Pop Music

I think the 1989 voice memos paved the way for the work tapes

Gaga 💝Taylor 💝Carly Rae 💝Rina 💝MARINA 💝Britney💝Lights 💝Shania 💝Sigrid💝

Anderson123

It's a nice gift for the fans but I usually never listen to them. Angel Down is a gorgeous song and the production on the final version is really good that I don't even feel l ike listening to the demo, I'd have to be in the mood for it.

PartySick
1 hour ago, Haus Swiftie said:

I think the 1989 voice memos paved the way for the work tapes

Not sure if tou're serious but they've been a thing for decades :green:

They're mostly present on deluxe versions or re-released albums though which is where they should stay :gayhat:

Does anyone know if someone's combed through 2016/2017 interviews and 5'2 to grab Gaga's soundbites about Joanne and put it in the album as a fanmade "directer's cut"? :giveup: that's something I didn't know I needed until now.

🖤

AJRocketMan

They don’t belong on standard editions or even deluxe editions, but I’m cool with them as mixtapes. However, those are best suited for anniversary editions. :huh:

as an artist i'd feel like i failed to pass on the full story/world of the album if i released it as is, unless it's from an already heard track like Angel Down was, then it's like a bonus, but maybe it'd compromise the integrity of the work idk i'm too picky...

think i'd only include them on mixtapes not on albums 

ice heard one side from above

Smother Em Eh

Demos, absolutely not

Work tapes aren’t bad every now and then as long as they’re good. 

Most of the time they give the song a different feel. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Absolutely loathe them. It's just a way of them not adding another track. Those are demo or work-tapes which are better off on SoundCloud or embedded on the website. 

Archived