Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Was Lover an underperfomance?

hankhatesyouall

Featured Posts

Itsbrenda

I do feel as if the album died after the first week.. I didn’t enjoy the 2 singles from it tbh and overall think it’s her worst album (1989 best, don’t at me). 

im not a big fan but I like her, the way she manipulated the master copies thing though to get headlines just didn’t sit well with me. Also not a fan of the ‘I’m the biggest gay rights activist suddenly’ to promote a single. 

all in all, I don’t know... The album had a big opener and she will sell out a stadium tour so, she won. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
edengowon
3 minutes ago, LadyHaha said:

I do feel as if the album died after the first week.. I didn’t enjoy the 2 singles from it tbh and overall think it’s her worst album (1989 best, don’t at me). 

im not a big fan but I like her, the way she manipulated the master copies thing though to get headlines just didn’t sit well with me. Also not a fan of the ‘I’m the biggest gay rights activist suddenly’ to promote a single. 

all in all, I don’t know... The album had a big opener and she will sell out a stadium tour so, she won. 

just curious, how is lover worse than fearless?

the artist formerly known as melancholia

Itsbrenda
3 minutes ago, Autumn said:

just curious, how is lover worse than fearless?

Opinions and stuff.

although you are probably right, for me it’s only Red, 1989, Rep and Lover that exist in my mind as Red is the first time I listened to her. 
Of those 4 it’s her worst, I don’t know what she released when she was a kid. It’s just not what I’m personally interested in. 

edengowon
1 minute ago, LadyHaha said:

Opinions and stuff.

although you are probably right, for me it’s only Red, 1989, Rep and Lover that exist in my mind as Red is the first time I listened to her. 
Of those 4 it’s her worst, I don’t know what she released when she was a kid. It’s just not what I’m personally interested in. 

i will agree it's worse than 1989 and Red (Red is my favourite album of all time), but I'm not so sure about reputation. rep lacked the same emotional depth that her other records did, and whilst the theatrical side of rep was awesome, it felt like it was a little lifeless. 

but everyone's entitled to their opinion and i totally get where you're coming from

Itsbrenda
3 minutes ago, Autumn said:

i will agree it's worse than 1989 and Red (Red is my favourite album of all time), but I'm not so sure about reputation. rep lacked the same emotional depth that her other records did, and whilst the theatrical side of rep was awesome, it felt like it was a little lifeless. 

but everyone's entitled to their opinion and i totally get where you're coming from

That’s fair, I would put Rep as my 3rd favourite (out of the 4) but didn’t like it anywhere near as much as 1989 or Red. 

I think we can agree we like those 2 the best:legend:

FRANK1991

didn't it sell a lot?

maybe it's not as talked about

there were some great tracks in it but also quite a few fillers tbh

Cause once you let it go you better know it's gone

edengowon
5 minutes ago, LadyHaha said:

That’s fair, I would put Rep as my 3rd favourite (out of the 4) but didn’t like it anywhere near as much as 1989 or Red. 

I think we can agree we like those 2 the best:legend:

For me it's

1. Red

2. 1989 / Speak Now

3. Lover

4. Taylor Swift

5. reputation

6. Fearless

So yeah, we can pretty much agree :firega:

edengowon
5 minutes ago, FRANK1991 said:

didn't it sell a lot?

maybe it's not as talked about

there were some great tracks in it but also quite a few fillers tbh

what tracks would you consider filler?

Itsbrenda
Just now, Autumn said:

For me it's

1. Red

2. 1989 / Speak Now

3. Lover

4. Taylor Swift

5. reputation

6. Fearless

So yeah, we can pretty much agree :firega:

I will give Speak Now a go 

edengowon
Just now, LadyHaha said:

I will give Speak Now a go 

You should, Mean (in my opinion) is the worst track on the album but the rest is gold. I hope you enjoy :)

RudraCNG

I'm eager to know which new trick/drama she will use in order to promote her new album. I mean, I kinda like her music (Lover wasn't my cup of tea tho) but at this point she won't be able to create more drama without people realizing it.

I mean I don’t know about the sales or anything but just in terms of it’s relevancy, I stopped hearing people talk about it the week after it came out, and besides for that I kinda forgot about it too. However I didn’t listen to it, but I’m sure the music is still good. 

Wait what? Lover underperformed? It’s been all over the radio and people stream it like crazy, how did it underperform??? :derpga:

35 minutes ago, Autumn said:

You should, Mean (in my opinion) is the worst track on the album but the rest is gold. I hope you enjoy :)

Woah there, calm yourself :huntyga:

Archived