💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriating

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

RenegAde
8 minutes ago, lego said:

How does it affect you? How hard is it to show respect to other people’s feelings and cultures, it’s not even harming you? Why are you bothered by Vietnamese fans trying to teach her something? 

Today its kacey, tomorrow  who will it be ?, its not okay to call people out just because you feel like 

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Today its kacey, tomorrow  who will it be ?, its not okay to call people out just because you feel like 

It’s more than ok. People have convictions and opinions. She will be fine, you shouldn’t worry about her. 

FreePalestine

Morphine Prince

Y’all are more offended over people being offended and that’s pathetic af.

8 minutes ago, lego said:

The precise percentage of offended is irrelevant, you said we can’t prove either way so WHY would non-Vietnamese tell these people that they’re “too sensitive”? How does it affect you? Why can’t you just try to understand and show respect? They’re trying to educate, not to cancel anyone. 

You missed the point and the complete context of it :coffee:
Regardless it is relevant, because the way "twitter culture" works as a whole. No one is saying the people who are bringing the education of their culture is wrong here, hope you understand that. 

Here we go with “cultural appropriation” again. Everyone in the world is guilty of Cultural appropriation, but people only get upset if a white person does it. 

The world is a global community- not one person on this earth has the right to tell another person what they can and cannot wear. PERIOD. There is a difference between mocking and appreciating. Asia has been appreciating  innovations and fashion from modern American and it western culture for decades but that’s not a problem. 

A ghey policing and telling a  succesful woman in an already male dominated music genre to cover her body? In 2019?  DESGUSTANG!!@!!!

I really don’t get it sorry. I am a 100% for respecting all cultures but this is too far imo.

Italian people don’t get offended if the rest of the world cooks pasta in the wrong way or eat pizza with pineapple on it (people joke about it here but I swear no one would get serious about it). 

(Stupid but hopefully clear example)

Ok instead of debating appropriation vs not let's just say it's a disrespectful way to wear this particular piece of clothing. To wear it like Princess Leia-lite is the exact opposite of its intention :poot: that's a bit ignorant and kind of tasteless imo. I'm not saying she's the devil incarnate or a racist, but this was just an ignorant mistake. They happen because, who knew, we aren't beings with unlimited wells of knowledge. Good incident to acknowledge, good to move on, too.

Suspiria
6 hours ago, A Hybrid said:

You’re too far deep into the American media that you can’t see the real problems in the world.

I think you're totally right about this, this is the main problem.

People are too obsessed with America. They seem to forget the everyday reality for people around the world is not centred around what's happening in the USA...

To us our cultures are just something normal and everyday. It's not like I personally can claim ownership to my entire country's traditions and culture - so seeing an American celebrity wear/use it really isn't a big deal to most people.

beaublue
6 hours ago, PinkPop said:

It's fine to have an opinion, but there's a difference between having a different opinion on what chocolate you think is best and your belief about respecting other people's cultures.

This statement is literally an opinion 🙄😬

what chocolate you “think” is best & what you “believe” is the right way of respecting a culture are both opinions. How arrogant one has to be to “believe” that their opinion somehow turns to fact when it’s in regard to a subject they deem worthy lmfaooo

ANTI WP
30 minutes ago, Venus Rose said:

But its just an outfit...? educate me someone :selena:

Go through the comment section under that tweet 

I’m Vietnamese, born and raised in Vietnam, so might as well give my two cents.

This is eye roll worthy but that’s all there is to it. Not malicious but definitely a case of misappropriation when someone isn’t educated in another culture. People would’ve been thrilled if she hadn’t taken the costume out of context and sexualised it. Doing so just taps into the long history of Western ‘yellow fever’ and perpetuates the stereotype of Asian (esp. Southeast Asian women) being exotic, hyper-sexual ‘geishas‘ or whatever.

headspin, happiness, DE̤̣A̢̯͔̘T͏͙̗̟̫H̗̙͡ͅ

Archived