💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriating

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

ElectricKing

By the way, I absolutely adore Kacey and Golden Hour is one of my favourite albums of all time. This was a discussion on cultural appropriation, rather than specifically her.

And no ill feelings towards anyone who's been debating, this is a discussion still. And we have all lived different lives and had different experiences to form our opinion.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

Is this person Western born Vietnamese  by chance? :fan:

Cos LBR actual Vietnamese, like other Asian Asians communities wouldn't mind, and even happy that people recognise their culture or traditional fashion.

(ïŸ‰â—•ăƒźâ—•)✧*: be delulu until it becomes trululu (*Ž艞*) ♡♡♡

ANTI WP
2 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

What you said can be used against Gaga that she changed Islamic culture without respecting its origin. She also used it to make a sexual song. Nothing wrong with what Gaga or Kacey wore, its only wrong if they used it to mock people.

thats why the song was changed to another title ... she didnt put out the song  to the world for hearing .

1 hour ago, ANTI WP said:

yes they can wear whatever they want 

but it must be in a correct way without offending the people who started wearing them at first 

These are subjective issues. Some Asian Americans would find it offensive while Asians living in Asia see this as an amazing thing and respect for their culture. Whos opinion are you gonna take? 

4 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

thats why the song was changed to another title ... she didnt put out the song  to the world for hearing .

But the song does say burqa and its on her album.

BTW, im a Muslim Arab and I love it alot.

Guillaume Hamon
6 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

Opinions turn into hatred and/or ignorance when it starts affecting people.

An offense is always taken, not given. If you're affected cause you consider yourself insulted by people doing a thing when they didn't do as a way insult you at all... That's your vision of things, your opinion. And you're free to have it.

12 minutes ago, PinkPop said:

Changing the example, so you think someone is justified to say women should be treated differently to men because it's their 'opinion'? :giveup:

Someone saying women should be treated differently want to interfere in their life. Pushing this message that women should be treated differently would contribute to bring changes in their life in practical ways which is completely different than doing something that could be taken as an offense if they actually do take the offense.

And in a free country a guy saying that about women would be allowed to do so just like the opposite from a woman should be allowed... I wouldn't agree with these views whatsoever so I wouldn't say they're right at all but the fact it's what they actually believe in is, I believe, enough of a "justification" for them to say it...

Even if I believe they would be damn wrong to think that.

Morphine Prince

Not people comparing this to jeans :rip:

I will wear this sacred denim every day :rip: 

5 minutes ago, Faysalaaa said:

I LOVE this video so much. It honestly shows how much westerners push their views and thinking upon others. 

8 minutes ago, ANTI WP said:

@Faysalaaa i am not attacking you :runhug:

i find that one disrespectful to that culture ... so i am raising my voice for it .

I did not think you were attacking me at all!

Guillaume Hamon
7 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

I LOVE this video so much. It honestly shows how much westerners push their views and thinking upon others. 

It reminds me of the "Hello kitty" music video by avril lavigne years ago.

People found it offensive in the western world but the ones actually concerned , Japanese people, were not making a polemic about it in Japan like we did.

The outrage was very clearly on our side so I guess sometimes we try to do well and end up feeling bad for groups of people who don't necessarily saw any problem.

Queen Gloria

Alright.. So are we almost over the SJW generation? There are so much bigger and more pressing issues to worry about in the world. Most times when asked, people from different cultures are either flattered at the representation of other people wearing their clothing or simply indifferent about it. It takes someone immature with a hero complex to be offended on someone else's behalf.  Source: An enlightened adult. 

People are literally dying

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

MaryJaneHolland
3 hours ago, fivefoottwo said:

love how you exposed your level of ignorance/racism by sarcastically calling it "cataclysm" and purposely saying "Taiwan" when the op clearly states "Vietnam" :awkney:

3 hours ago, PinkPop said:

Yeah that really isn't cool or funny to label Vietnam as Taiwan. Would you label the US as Canada? No. You're basically calling it Taiwan because you don't think they're significant countries, which is highly ignorant.

I mixed them by mistake, chill :rip:

Don't sell me that racism bs :awkney: Was the slit a bit too much? I guess so, it's not part of the original version of the dress, but god damn what's the worst that could happen lol. I put myself in a place where I'd see someone like this making her pu*sy pop out of a traditional costume from my country... I wouldn't give a rat's ass :rip: 

11 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

It reminds me of the "Hello kitty" music video by avril lavigne years ago.

People found it offensive in the western world but the ones actually concerned , Japanese people, were not making a polemic about it in Japan like we did.

The outrage was very clearly on our side so I guess sometimes we try to do well and end up feeling bad for groups of people who don't necessarily saw any problem.

It’s pretty much like “we are westerns and we know better than you” which is  even worst.

The strongest group tells the weak group how to feel and like pointing to their intelligent that “this is offensive for you, so be offended” and they don’t even care if the weak says otherwise or they tell them that they are wrong.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived