celeb

Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriating

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RenegAde

How is it appropriation tho? Merely  Putting on clothes  isnt appropriation baby girl,The stupidity that the internet endorses is just beyond me .:madge:

Neight Shayde
2 minutes ago, RenegAde2888 said:

How is it offensive tho? Merely  Putting on clothes  isnt appropriation baby girl,The stupidity that the internet endorses is just beyond me .:madge:

read the entire thread.

edit: i hope the op can put the other tweets under the thread of why they think it's offensive. the account showed other photos of celebrities that wore it and were respectful of the outfit

ElectricKing
1 minute ago, RenegAde2888 said:

How is it offensive tho? Merely  Putting on clothes  isnt appropriation baby girl,The stupidity that the internet endorses is just beyond me .:madge:

'Áo Dài is the representation of the idea “women do not need to show skin to look pretty”. You’re doing the OPPOSITE of what this outfit was made for. Here’s how we wear it throughout the years (notice how it’s been decades and changes, we still have the pants on)'

The same person posted that about it on Twitter.

Morphine Prince

Yeah, this is definitely cultural misappropriation. 

Her stylist or herself just thought it looked good and probably didn’t bother to do research about the cultural meaning this particular outfit has. 

PSA: Other cultures may have actual meaningful reasons to wear certain outfits and don’t just wear them for promo shoots and later discard said outfit. 

ANTI WP

Well that's really offensive of her to do it in her own way ... if you are going to try other culture....do it in a correct way 

FATCAT

I understand what they're saying, it's definitely a little disrespectful but I really don't think it's a crime lmao

Purr more, hiss less.

Morphine Prince
15 minutes ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Imagine asking this when the tweet literally explains why. 

Lord Temptation

The ao dai itself was heavily influenced by Western fashion, especially 1960s fashion. Sorry Vietnamese expats living in the West. You don’t get to complain about cross-cultural effects when you yourself as immigrants are a living embodiment of it.

Archived