Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriating

Luna Lovegood

Featured Posts

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
President Biden
3 hours ago, RenegAde2888 said:

How is it appropriation tho? Merely  Putting on clothes  isnt appropriation baby girl,The stupidity that the internet endorses is just beyond me .:madge:

retweeting this

Cancel culture and calling every time a white person shows appreciation for a different culture, “cultural appropriation”, is ruining the world

I got drunk

President Biden

And for the generation that hates religious fundamentalism and people talking about “maintaining our heritage”, we certainly love to demonize any alteration/modernization of cultural elements like clothing. 

how abt screw tradition and let people wear whatever makes them feel good abt themselves? What ever happened to that message? 

fake liberals much

I got drunk

Anveeroy

Speaking of jeans, do you know most of your jeans are produced in the so-called third world countries? Pathetic. :ohwell:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

migamiga

As an asian, i'm not offended and I don't believe most asians are. It's just annoying because when other people take what we've been doing/wearing/eating for generations and all of a sudden it's cool cause a white person does it. You can call it appropriation if you want but essentially that is the sentiment. 

An actual Vietnamese person tweeted about this, lots of Vietnamese quoted that tweet saying “I find this offensive too, show some respect” and all we can see in this thread is mostly white and/or non-Vietnamese people saying everyone is “too sensitive” or that white sjws are offended FOR minorities, which is simply not true. It’s about respect. 

Minorities in West might see this in different ways than people in their home countries  and that should be respected too, you shouldn’t tell them how they’re supposed to  feel or make fun of the subject. 

FreePalestine

RenegAde
1 minute ago, lego said:

An actual Vietnamese person tweeted about this, lots of Vietnamese quoted that tweet saying “I find this offensive too, show some respect” and all we can see in this thread is mostly white and/or non-Vietnamese people saying everyone is “too sensitive” or that white sjws are offended FOR minorities, which is simply not true. It’s about respect. 

Minorities in West might see this in different ways than people in their home countries  and that should be respected too, you shouldn’t tell them how they’re supposed to  feel or make fun of the subject. 

Everyone cant just wake and decide they are offendedover something  thats a very slippery slope 

Anyway i hope you had the same opinion when religious folks were bashing gaga back and forth for using religious symbolism 

DeleteMyAccount

Not here for people unaware of the culture to start discussing this. Learn the culture first and then decide whether it's appropriate or not. Otherwise, a huge side eye. :triggered:

1 minute ago, RenegAde2888 said:

Everyone cant just wake and decide they are offendedover something  thats a very slippery slope 

How does it affect you? How hard is it to show respect to other people’s feelings and cultures, it’s not even harming you? Why are you bothered by Vietnamese fans trying to teach her something? 

FreePalestine

Tom Nook

Interesting that the OP in the twitter thread is a Taylor Swift fan :poot: just an observation

Also the wear pants caption :lmao:

Uh Red Wine... Convict... Gah Gah...

8 minutes ago, lego said:

That's selective Bias. We can't really get a true understanding of what the majority of Vietnamese think about this topic. Also depending on the lifestyle of each Vietnamese, and their views, whether or not they are currently in Vietnam or anywhere else. Its hard to gauge any of it.  People will only comment if they are bothered by it. Those who are not will just ignore it. Its very easy to get on either side if you are a westerner but these constant twitter uproars are hardly something to have any actual merit in them. 

2 minutes ago, ComeToJoe said:

That's selective Bias. We can't really get a true understanding of what the majority of Vietnamese think about this topic. Also depending on the lifestyle of each Vietnamese, and their views, whether or not they are currently in Vietnam or anywhere else. Its hard to gauge any of it.  People will only comment if they are bothered by it. Those who are not will just ignore it. Its very easy to get on either side if you are a westerner but these constant twitter uproars are hardly something to have any actual merit in them. 

The precise percentage of offended is irrelevant, you said we can’t prove either way so WHY would non-Vietnamese tell these people that they’re “too sensitive”? How does it affect you? Why can’t you just try to understand and show respect? They’re trying to educate, not to cancel anyone. 

FreePalestine

Archived