numb the flame

Featured Posts

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PoetsTryinWrite
4 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

"Category: Rock" :ladyhaha:

"'ARTPOP' is a celebration of obsession set to a carefully crafted musical landscape that brings the listener on a truly unique audio journey" :saira:

Six years later people finally see sense. Wonder why that is...

Defend Your Humanity.

truthteller
5 hours ago, KEVIN STEVE said:

"Category: Rock" :ladyhaha:

"'ARTPOP' is a celebration of obsession set to a carefully crafted musical landscape that brings the listener on a truly unique audio journey" :saira:

the spirit behind ARTPOP is more "rock" than most of the bands right now tho

Togekiss

To the people saying “nobody asked for this”... what do you think they were going to do? Just never sell any physical copies of the album ever again? Durrr

bring on that pecan pie

5 hours ago, Stef said:

What is the literal point? Someone find a point :neyde:

ice heard one side from above

MonsterOfSpain

This is just plain dumb, removing the best song on the album and not even replacing it with the solo version or something... I swear we live in a society 

skedaddleBItCh

Why can't y'all understand the reason for the removal of Do What U Want?:fail:

🇵🇭༼;´༎ຶ ۝ ༎ຶ༽🇵🇭

Teal Ambition
2 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

This is just plain dumb, removing the best song on the album and not even replacing it with the solo version or something... I swear we live in a society 

He has writing credits on that version too, if they were going to put that on the re-release, then there's no point in even having a re-release since he's still making money off it :fail:

▌│█║▌║▌║ before I am Canadian, I am Chromatican ║▌║▌║█│▌

MonsterOfSpain
1 minute ago, Teal Ambition said:

He has writing credits on that version too, if they were going to put that on the re-release, then there's no point in even having a re-release since he's still making money off it :fail:

The thing is there's no point in make a re-release of an album I'm sure there are millions of copies of, foiled and non-foiled ones (lol), just to take out a song. If they're not to put Onion Girl/Temple/In Like with You on it they can keep it :bye:

AJRocketMan
5 hours ago, Supersonic said:

It's a legal technicality. Since the version with the feature is registered as the "original version", she would have to give him songwriting credit on any other version. The X-Tina remix that uses none of his contributions also credits him as a songwriter.

That sucks, because he made no contributions to the solo version of the song. It was written and recorded anywhere from October 2012 to February 2013.

Supersonic
22 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

That sucks, because he made no contributions to the solo version of the song. It was written and recorded anywhere from October 2012 to February 2013.

I know. Somebody suggested that Gaga could re-record the song, but even in the new version she would have to give R. Kelly credit based on the technicality.

glad they have done this because im starting to get all her albums on vinyl and I agree wish they would add xtina version and a coloured vinyl would have been a nice touch

56 minutes ago, MonsterOfSpain said:

The thing is there's no point in make a re-release of an album I'm sure there are millions of copies of, foiled and non-foiled ones (lol), just to take out a song. If they're not to put Onion Girl/Temple/In Like with You on it they can keep it :bye:

It's to put forth the message: "I made a mistake. I recorded this song as a twisted way to deal with my own trauma. I apologise for what I have done, for it may have been seen as insensitive to others because I have recorded it with a rapist. But I believe that was the entire point of my coping process."

This isn't a money grab or meant for new songs. This entire rerelease is not meant to benefit the fans. It's meant as Gaga's apology to R.Kelly's victims. Other rape and sexual assault survivors. An apology to Gaga herself. 

Essentially, this is the correction of a mistake. 

No more, no less. The benefit of this release is purely psychological. 

However, there is some money to be made from this. Depending on what happens in the next few years, either the version with R.Kelly is going to be worth a lot of money, orbthe version without R.Kelly is going to be worth a lot of money. 

But please. Not everything in the world is done to please fans. 

FentyGa
6 hours ago, ChromeAngel said:

I wish they would just switch it out for the xtina version. It’s still a bop 

word. or the solo version that leaked

when dwuw got cancelled, i downloaded like 4 alternate versions and made it into an alternatives ep (xtina version, solo version, the live piano version, and the 80s remix)

i also replaced it with brooklyn nights

Archived