Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

Terrace House [Netflix] Megathread

Eido

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, 

I tried searching if there were already a topic about it but it didn't work :triggered:

Who here is watching Terrace House? 

For those who don't know about it :

Terrace house is a Japanese reality TV show coproduced by Netflix and  Fuji TV. There has been 4 seasons on Netflix so far :

Boys and Girls in the City (BxG) 

Aloha State (AS) 

Opening New Doors (OND) 

Tokyo 2020 (T20) 

We follow 6 individuals (3 boys and 3 girls) on their everyday life. The production gives them a house and 2 cars and that's it. This is not scripted (this part is important and I'll talk about it after) and they can leave whenever they want. Each episode is commented by 6 personalities from Japan. 

As I said the show is not scripted at all, the production will not film them 24/24. Though it is good to note that the production asks for at least one reunion per week. The "roomates" can still see their families, friends, go to work, travel, do whatever they want. 

I personally started to watch the show last year and it is so great. You can discover another culture, see their traditions and their beliefs. It can sometimes be shocking. For example, there are no big fights but instead they have some cold calm dispute. Also the food...  

But the tea is always good The Flavor GIF by Dawnie Marie

Ps : look at what is written on their t-shirts, this is hilarious. They basically take English or French words and past them on their clothes :

-United Kingdom of Parmesan

-F.*g Stuf.f (the * is an A) 

https://youtu.be/JRuKrxjvXyA

Watching this show on Netflix puts me so far behind the people I know that watch this show in Japanese without subtitles. :(

So far Kaori is my favorite so far on the Tokyo show.

LadyLuca

I watched every bit oft ( im only missing boys and girls in the city)

My favorite was opening new doors.

Im exited for the current season. I can remember any names tho... 

What was really strinking to me was how the people in terrace house look at the age. 

If a person who is 27 -sits next so someone who is 30 , the young one treats the three years older one like a grandpa.

They call them old and experienced. They really look if they behave according to their age. it was interesting to observe.

Also a current topic which i found interesting is the moral on skills and work.

Its just so diffrent from what I know. 

2 hours ago, Knife said:

Watching this show on Netflix puts me so far behind the people I know that watch this show in Japanese without subtitles. :(

So far Kaori is my favorite so far on the Tokyo show.

I like her too but as I was taught by Riko/Hayato et Yui/Aoi : never trust people :ally:

Archived