Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

'The Queen' is underrated

DonatellaPop

Featured Posts

Smother Em Eh

It sure is and doesn’t get enough recognition from this fanbase that it deserves. 

The intro, bridge and outro slay soooo hard! They make it one of her best songs in my opinion. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

Can't relate. Showed my hetero roommate (didn't even know BTW was an album as well as a song) and says it should've been released as a single. Gaga described Born This Way as this glorious rock concert type of thing. The Edge of Glory, The Queen, You and I, Highway Unicorn, Electric Chapel perfectly fit that.

I mean, yeah, I definitely can’t relate to that lmao

Chromaticunt
2 hours ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

The Queen literally sounds so much like TEOG. It could've been a single and definitely went top 10 on the billboard charts. Y'all are tasteless. 

Yeah, it's an inferior version of TEOG, one of the reasons I hate it.  :selena:

TheQueenEnthusiast
On 10/14/2019 at 4:04 AM, ThatBinch said:

Yeah, it's an inferior version of TEOG, one of the reasons I hate it.  :selena:

omg the lack of taste... 

Chromaticunt
5 minutes ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

omg the lack of taste... 

Sweetie, I stan the most awarded song in history. You stan a song that Gaga never even performed because she knew how inferior it was. I have to CACKLE.

DonatellaPop
On 10/14/2019 at 9:50 AM, Smother Em Eh said:

It sure is and doesn’t get enough recognition from this fanbase that it deserves. 

The intro, bridge and outro slay soooo hard! They make it one of her best songs in my opinion.

THIS!

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

TheQueenEnthusiast
On 10/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, ThatBinch said:

Sweetie, I stan the most awarded song in history. You stan a song that Gaga never even performed because she knew how inferior it was. I have to CACKLE.

Shallow? Shallow by far is one of gaga's most mediocre songs. Bad Romance is x100 better than Shallow, TEOG is x100 better than Shallow. Angel Down, a politically-fueled song with a true message about gun violence and police brutality is better than Shallow. Gaga has gems in her discography, people (including Little Monsters) look down for no reason...truly the lack of taste. 

KatieJudasGaga4
6 minutes ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

Shallow? Shallow by far is one of gaga's most mediocre songs. Bad Romance is x100 better than Shallow, TEOG is x100 better than Shallow. Angel Down, a politically-fueled song with a true message about gun violence and police brutality is better than Shallow. Gaga has gems in her discography, people (including Little Monsters) look down for no reason...truly the lack of taste. 

Shallow is her 2nd best song imo. The meaning that some people might not understand and her vocals makes it one of her best songs. I love The Queen by the way, I just disagree that Shallow is mediocre.

KatieJudasGaga4
On 10/15/2019 at 8:27 AM, ThatBinch said:

Gaga sang The Queen at the BTWB though. She sang it at my show.

TheQueenEnthusiast
3 minutes ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Shallow is her 2nd best song. The meaning that some people might not understand and her vocals makes it one of her best songs. I love The Queen by the way, I just disagree that Shallow is mediocre.

That's totally valid. But a love song like Shallow is so mediocre for Gaga. The song itself was amazing... in the terms of industry. The numbers prove that, but Shallow as a love song was too eh for Gaga. Whenever she talks of love she makes it art. Don't think Shallow did that. That's why Bad Romance is one of the best love songs ever. It's not a conventional love song. 

KatieJudasGaga4
1 minute ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

That's totally valid. But a love song is so mediocre for Gaga. The song itself was amazing... in the terms of industry. The numbers prove that but love songs are too eh for Gaga. Whenever she talks of love she makes it art. Don't think Shallow did that. That's why Bad Romance is one of the best love songs ever. It's not a conventional love song. 

I understand your point and I see why some people think that way. But, the way Shallow depicts the rocky points in relationships and foreshadows the movie makes it unique. I know Gaga made Shallow for A Star Is Born, but I feel she has a personal connection with the song too. Every time she performs it, she looks emotional at the end, especially after the breakup with Carino. I love Bad Romance too, and I truly do think she perfectly depicted the obsessed lover relationship. However, I do think Shallow has a more extravagant meaning to it than what fans make it seem. I don't know, but I every time I listen to Shallow, I have this feeling when that last chorus hits and I never had this feeling with another Gaga song before.

Spoiler

This is kinda overdramatic, but whatevs. :huntyga:

Chromaticunt
2 hours ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

Gaga sang The Queen at the BTWB though. She sang it at my show.

Oh, that one pity performance? Glad you got to experience it. :laughga:

2 hours ago, TheQueenEnthusiast said:

I'm sorry, I stopped reading after you said Shallow is one of her most mediocre songs. Literally LOL.

KatieJudasGaga4
18 hours ago, ThatBinch said:

Oh, that one pity performance? Glad you got to experience it. :laughga:

She performed it more than 20 times though at the BTWB. No need to be rude for no reason.

Archived