Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Bernie Sanders political ad which shows blatant media bias

Featured Posts

Economy
3 hours ago, HorusRa2 said:

Below suggests this number may not be accurate. My source breaks it down by gender and race. I post this for 2 reasons. 1. This shows suggests how there must be systemic racism in our healthcare system as well as everywhere else and needs to be addressed. & 2. That based on the article your data comes from, I am surmising the figure you posted is across all people which is misleading when my source suggests there’s not only a gender but also a racial component. At the end of the day, we’re talking means here. Mine appears to suggest ballpark 4-5 years but this also means in Bernie’s case it could be shorter or longer depending on other factors. Again, I point out that he’s been full out campaigning for over 4 years and this is the only incident to occur (no falls, no other serious injury, etc). Without either a medical degree or intimate knowledge of the rest of his medical factors here, it’s not realistic to post an article showing a mean of 3 years and to write his death certificate to the primary. So, I say to you that if you find his age or health to be an issue, that’s fine. Pick somebody younger, but let’s stop implying that he’s the only person at risk of dying. He’s not the only “old” person running. 

My mother died this year of colon cancer at 46. Does that mean that everyone except Pete Buttigieg should be president? NO. It does not, obviously. 

38DBDE75-272D-46CB-B649-81B541E7CFCF_zps

http://www.onlinejacc.org/content/accj/66/6/645.full.pdf

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5459400/

Its also worth noting like i said Bernie is at an age that isnt far behind the typical life expectancy

For the US especially since its one of the few developed Nations in the world where life expectancy still hasnt hit 80 :air:

Anyway this is kind of like a study i read about how once people get diagnosed with alzheimers on average live only another 8 years

Yes at the very late stages that illness can kill you. But Alzheimers also typically gets diagonsed when people are already in their 70s and sometimes 80s...

Many people who die within that 8 year period after diagnoses may not have necessarily died of the late stages of the desiese but died simply because they were old

So those details have to be considered with these statistical averages

If Bernie is 78 and he can expect based on study average to live 3-5 more years that takes him to 81-83 years, which is older than the life expectancy in America especially for males which live less long

So not everyone who dies from this age group necessairily died of heart problems specifically. A lot of things can kill you at this age like strokes and cancer or vital organ failures

deaths not related to the heart problem at that age would bring down the average

if his heart attack was mild, and he doesnt have other major problems... theres a very good chance he will live longer than the 3-5 year average 

@Whispering i feel like i explained myself in more detail here than in my reply to u so ill tag u :sweat:

HorusRa2
27 minutes ago, Economy said:

Its also worth noting like i said Bernie is at an age that isnt far behind the typical life expectancy

For the US especially since its one of the few developed Nations in the world where life expectancy still hasnt hit 80 :air:

Anyway this is kind of like a study i read about how once people get diagnosed with alzheimers on average live only another 8 years

Yes at the very late stages that illness can kill you. But Alzheimers also typically gets diagonsed when people are already in their 70s and sometimes 80s...

Many people who die within that 8 year period after diagnoses may not have necessarily died of the late stages of the desiese but died simply because they were old

So those details have to be considered with these statistical averages

If Bernie is 78 and he can expect based on study average to live 3-5 more years that takes him to 81-83 years, which is older than the life expectancy in America especially for males which live less long

So not everyone who dies from this age group necessairily died of heart problems specifically. A lot of things can kill you at this age like strokes and cancer or vital organ failures

deaths not related to the heart problem at that age would bring down the average

if his heart attack was mild, and he doesnt have other major problems... theres a very good chance he will live longer than the 3-5 year average 

@Whispering i feel like i explained myself in more detail here than in my reply to u so ill tag u :sweat:

Perfectly reasonable comment. I would just add that based on what has been released by the campaign and also by Bernie himself, the heart attack was mild in nature and he’s going back to the campaign this week. So it would seem that there’s a very good chance he will in fact live longer than the 3-5 year average as you suggested.  Nowadays it’s a lot harder to hide health issues. It’s not like when FDR was around when people didn’t necessarily know what was wrong with him. I also have a hard time seeing Bernie continue to run if he knew he had other major health issues. You may not know him as much as I do but he spends a lot of time with his grandchildren. If he had so many health issues that he would be unfit to serve, he would probably be in Vermont living the rest of the life he had with his grandchildren instead of running across this country trying to be president. 

Note: there’s also a correlation with wealth and life expectancy. The fact that Bernie is very wealthy compared to average Americans despite being “relatively” poor compared to his colleagues in the senate, I would argue he has some things going for him in this regard.

Edited by HorusRa2
  • Like 1

Whispering
46 minutes ago, Economy said:

The overall life expectancy isn’t significantly higher tho and many of these heart cases could of been more severe than Bernies. In fact most probably were

But yeah id be concerned regardless about electing someone approaching 80 unless their health was stellar

Yes, many could have been more severe...and many could have been milder. That’s why there is a median life expediency rate. 

Also, we have to consider the extreme stress that comes along with the job of President. 

I remember when McCain had to turn over hundreds of pages of medical files in 2007, due to a previous cancer scare. The health of a candidate has always been a big concern of voters. Bernie is not an exception or a victim. In fact, due to the preoccupation with Trump trying to impeach himself, it's not been much of an issue. Voters may find it to be an issue as we get closer to the primaries. We will see soon enough. 

• Like 1