💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Rihanna about Super Bowl, Trump, gun violence

lego

Featured Posts

She's truly an amazing person. So much integrity. She stands by her beliefs and doesn't just preach. She actually walks the walk. Always bringing up controversial political topics that many celebs avoid talking about like issues in the Middle East and problems impacting the black community. I love her so much 

Kimmo
2 minutes ago, Blue Jeans said:

Oh stop with that excuse... it's so snobish... Many legendary singers are not songwritters. (Celine Dion, Whitney Houston,  Elvis Presley, Diana Ross and many others)

She doesn't need to write her own songs to be considered a good artist. She has a good ear for hits and her talent is singing among many others.

And they don’t call Others sell outs for doing the SBHTS!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ce0688b5bf94e510ee

Hottie Detector

Blue Jeans
Just now, Kimmo said:

Where is the correlation though  ? she's talking about the politics of the NFL at the moment and the way they treated Kaepernick and those who kneeled. did you read the article ? because f you're worried that she's dissing Gaga she's not. The politics of the NFL and american politics got really nasty after trumps election, so she's standing up to police brutality and african american issues in the US. 

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

LordEnigma
8 minutes ago, Kimmo said:

You know people can have their own personal values without criticizing others. People are more dynamic than stans like to believe.

Kimmo
3 minutes ago, LordEnigma said:

You know people can have their own personal values without criticizing others. People are more dynamic than stans like to believe.

I never said she wasn’t dynamic... 

I said what I said, she can be considered to be a sell out for other aspects of her career for her to be saying that type of phrases...

Hottie Detector

PatrickMonster
52 minutes ago, xoxo Craig said:

Rihanna is much more than shaking a$$ :awkney:

OT: I respect her decision, but will she contemplate doing it once the issues have been sorted out? Beyoncé  has done it twice

When I think about Rihanna, I think about an ass that is shook:vegas:

Edonis
33 minutes ago, PartySick said:

I get why she doesn't want to do the HTS but she could make such a statement with it, I think it's worth it :giveup:

I would imagine the NFL and people in charge  likely vet performances before they even air. Unless it's something incredibly unplanned like MIA flicking off a camera or something, she likely wouldn't be able to make any sort of overt statement. Which kind of sucks imo. 

OT: Rihanna is probably one of the most politically active celebs that use their platform for good, especially in social issues and education. I love her! 

ferretti

Honestly she's such a class act and such a hard worker. She deserves all of her success and so much more. When I think of the elite of our generation, obv I think of Gaga, but I immediately think of Rihanna. This quote alone is worth all the praise that I can bestow: 

“Put an Arab man with that same weapon in that same Walmart and there is no way that Trump would sit there and address it publicly as a mental health problem. The most mentally ill human being in America right now seems to be the president.”

disco stick tester, inquire within

Lilmonzter

Well  she's very will informed about American history than most of its right wing nuts!

Speaking of them nuts, you add a gun to the equation add domestic gun violence with people of opposing views/ religion / undesirable skin colour 

U.S is kind of at it's worst right now with race relations

Sing C'est la vie 

StrawberryBlond

No matter which side you're on in politics, I do wish we would shift how we speak about mental illness when it involves crimes like this. This whole debate about how to refer to mass shooters as either mentally ill or terrorists is always so strange to me because I'd always say that in order to be a terrorist, you must be mentally ill. Instead of bringing it back to race (which is the way in which every discussion about this stuff goes), lets focus on the mental condition of anyone who commits such atrocities before all else. Whether it's a Texas teenager shooting up a school because the voices in their head told them to do it or an illegal immigrant shooting up a shopping mall in the name of IS, both those people are mentally ill. And I don't mean that in a supportive or disgusted way, just a neutral mental diagnosis. We should always examine why this person chose to do it and what kind of mental state they were in when they did it to determine how we should refer to them. Anyone can be a terrorist but the reasons behind their terrorism need to examined more closely. The reason why people tend to use the mentally ill statement when referring to domestic terrorism cases is because some of them carried it out while they were clearly insane and/or under the influence. When international terrorists strike in the name of terrorist groups, they may be insane as well but it's...organised insanity, if that makes sense. They were in their right mind when they did it and they were doing it to raise the profile of a corrupt organisation. There's a reason why courts give higher sentences to killers who were determined to be sane when they commited the killings. So, both are insane but in different ways. Again, I'm not saying this in support of white criminals and in disgust of non-white criminals, this is me just looking at it from how I think a psychologist would. Everyone who commits such atrocities has to have some degree of psychopathy, so they have personality disorders for sure. Although personality disorders aren't synonymous with mental illness, there is a level of connection.

Am I making sense? Because I don't know if I'm losing my train of thought. I don't want anyone to mistakenly think I'm supporting Trump's comments. I'm more talking about how Rihanna deals with separating different kinds of criminals and wishing we could look at them all as suffering a mental health affliction to some extent. And notice how she seemed to be in support of raising awareness of mental health but then used this support to mock Trump? We shouldn't use mental illness to mock people just because we don't agree with them politically. And I've said it once and I'll say it again - we need to change our definition of terrorism. You don't need to shoot a gun or blow up a shopping mall or fly a plane into a building to terrorise. It's simply spreading terror in people's hearts and minds through any way you choose, even non-physical forms. Mental terrorism, if you will. We've come to believe terrorism has to involve weapons and political agendas and it doesn't have to.

misunderstood

:laughga: Love her but I screamed at "An enabler" 

"I'd rather be poor and happy, than rich and alone"

Archived