celeb

Rihanna about Super Bowl, Trump, gun violence

lego

Featured Posts

Anveeroy

I respect her decision, but RIRI - we need you! :kara:

Stream Kylie-Janet Discographies!

gagaxsebert

I’m glad she’s doing this but imagine what her Super Bowl would be like :messga:

Lb4Z.gif

Used to be HighRoad

Galvon

Rihanna is one of those you expect to allready have done it like years ago. Such an obvious choice.  Would love see her do it. :flutter:

xoxo Craig
4 minutes ago, GovernmentWarrior said:

I’m glad she’s doing this but imagine what her Super Bowl would be like :messga:

Lb4Z.gif

Rihanna is much more than shaking a$$ :awkney:

OT: I respect her decision, but will she contemplate doing it once the issues have been sorted out? Beyoncé  has done it twice

End Racism Now

Back at the hotel, and still winging it, I’m recalling my memories of Rihanna’s social feeds from the past three years. Many of the greatest hits concern politics. When a journalist tweeted that Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop the Music” was blaring at a Trump rally last year, Rihanna replied, “Not for much longer. . . .” I especially relished her response when, under a post encouraging her followers to vote in the midterms, someone asked, “Are you even a US citizen? Honest curiosity.” Rihanna: “Nah I’m an immigrant tryna get yo country together. Did u vote?”

__

Trump called the El Paso shooting “an act of cowardice” and said both were the result of a “mental illness problem.” Rihanna responded, “Um . . . Donald, you spelled terrorism wrong!” I ask Rihanna how she felt on the day after the back-to-back shootings.

“It is devastating,” she says. “People are being murdered by war weapons that they legally purchase. This is just not normal. That should never, ever be normal. And the fact that it’s classified as something different because of the color of their skin? It’s a slap in the face. It’s completely racist.” She goes on: “Put an Arab man with that same weapon in that same Walmart and there is no way that Trump would sit there and address it publicly as a mental health problem. The most mentally ill human being in America right now seems to be the president.”

Thinking of a certain T-shirt from Fenty’s second drop—it says IMMIGRANT across the back, and Rihanna wore it on the Fourth of July..

___

Rihanna cracks open her clutch, pulls out her phone, and plays a news clip. It’s the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Ken Cuccinelli, saying on CNN that Emma Lazarus’s Statue of Liberty poem refers to “people coming from Europe.” She stops the video. “Think about this. What does America stand for? A bunch of immigrants.”

We watch the clip to the end. “The fact that his defense was talking about Europeans coming into America?” Rihanna says. “I mean, not only were you immigrants, you were the worst kind. You came in and murdered the real Americans.” 

___

FreePalestine

DeleteMyAccount

She's right. The NFL has white supremacists/criminals/etc playing right now and yet can't have Kaepernick? It's pathetic. It's like with the Bush/Ellen stuff. We can't just forget the past and act like nothing happened. The NFL played a huge role in the rise of Trump and many other social issues and playing into their hands for their own profit just isn't it right now. So happy with her decision.

DeleteMyAccount
1 minute ago, lego said:

Back at the hotel, and still winging it, I’m recalling my memories of Rihanna’s social feeds from the past three years. Many of the greatest hits concern politics. When a journalist tweeted that Rihanna’s “Don’t Stop the Music” was blaring at a Trump rally last year, Rihanna replied, “Not for much longer. . . .” I especially relished her response when, under a post encouraging her followers to vote in the midterms, someone asked, “Are you even a US citizen? Honest curiosity.” Rihanna: “Nah I’m an immigrant tryna get yo country together. Did u vote?”

__

Trump called the El Paso shooting “an act of cowardice” and said both were the result of a “mental illness problem.” Rihanna responded, “Um . . . Donald, you spelled terrorism wrong!” I ask Rihanna how she felt on the day after the back-to-back shootings.

“It is devastating,” she says. “People are being murdered by war weapons that they legally purchase. This is just not normal. That should never, ever be normal. And the fact that it’s classified as something different because of the color of their skin? It’s a slap in the face. It’s completely racist.” She goes on: “Put an Arab man with that same weapon in that same Walmart and there is no way that Trump would sit there and address it publicly as a mental health problem. The most mentally ill human being in America right now seems to be the president.”

Thinking of a certain T-shirt from Fenty’s second drop—it says IMMIGRANT across the back, and Rihanna wore it on the Fourth of July..

___

Rihanna cracks open her clutch, pulls out her phone, and plays a news clip. It’s the acting director of U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Ken Cuccinelli, saying on CNN that Emma Lazarus’s Statue of Liberty poem refers to “people coming from Europe.” She stops the video. “Think about this. What does America stand for? A bunch of immigrants.”

We watch the clip to the end. “The fact that his defense was talking about Europeans coming into America?” Rihanna says. “I mean, not only were you immigrants, you were the worst kind. You came in and murdered the real Americans.” 

___

ooooh this is from the new issue? I might have to pick up the new bible.

River

She's pretty active politically, especially about the problems in Africa but somehow it goes under the radar.

And I always forget that she's not from the US, she doesn't even have a green card, only o-1 visa.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PartySick

I get why she doesn't want to do the HTS but she could make such a statement with it, I think it's worth it :giveup:

🖤

Gagaism

Kind OT but I just remembered when she bashed ppl on Victoria’s Secret because of that transgender subject and then, she got the Savage Fenty fashion show which was amazing.

What about she create her own halftime show or whatever? Queen is her own business indeed :diane:

Kimmo

Then write your own music ... I mean there’s a lot of way in which she can be considered a sell out for her to be this... brave....

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ce0688b5bf94e510ee

Hottie Detector

Blue Jeans

She kinda dissed Jay-Z and i'm shook :cryga:

But Rihanna made several points :coffee:

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Blue Jeans
1 minute ago, Kimmo said:

Then write your own music ...

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29ce0688b5bf94e510ee

Oh stop with that excuse... it's so snobish... Many legendary singers are not songwritters. (Celine Dion, Whitney Houston,  Elvis Presley, Diana Ross and many others)

She doesn't need to write her own songs to be considered a good artist. She has a good ear for hits and her talent is singing among many others.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen

Archived