Stefani Tee
opinion

Retrospective on Confessions On A Dancefloor

Featured Posts

corvus albus
3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

I really can't see how Confession sadder than American Life though? They are both a critique of society with anecdotes here and there but other than that couldn't be more different.

I said more cynical not sadder. 

3 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

You are just giving interpretations on your own for the songs and I don't think it's fair to review a piece of music this way

This is what criticism is. I wasn't even negative about it so I don't see why you're complaining. It's a simple look on the album in a different way than usual. 

Am I standing still?

FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, corvus albus said:

I said more cynical not sadder. 

This is what criticism is. I wasn't even negative about it so I don't see why you're complaining. It's a simple look on the album in a different way than usual. 

Giving interpretations on your own to songs that may or may not be accurate =/= criticism.

I quote you because you said Confessions had the same goal as AL which is not true and I have told you contra-arguments to it.

►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►

Flopplause

you'll find the context of Sorry also more interesting if you watch this (it's a Sorry interlude)

It can also be a political statement aside from being disappointed in a former lover or disappointment in the media, etc.