💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
game

Favorite visual novels?

Seeka

Featured Posts

Seeka

I'm currently playing The House in Fata Morgana. I'm obsessed with it. It's like one of my top visual novels now. 

So I'm asking, what is everyone's fav visual novels. With stories, mind you. Not rampant smut. Some smut is okay. But let's avoid PWP.

Mine:

Lamento: Beyond the Void

The House of Fata Morgana

Dramatical Murder

Danganronpa series

Ace Attorney series

Hotel Dusk Room 215

27monster27

I have been wanting to get into visual novels for so long, but I never have. :giveup: Any suggestions for good starting ones? (Preferably ones that are available on Steam.)

he/him/his

River

Coming Out On Top :whitney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Seeka
18 minutes ago, 27monster27 said:

I have been wanting to get into visual novels for so long, but I never have. :giveup: Any suggestions for good starting ones? (Preferably ones that are available on Steam.)

I'm not sure if any of what I'm gonna list are on steam, but I know some are available for free or pay your own. 

It depends on what you're looking for. 

For visual novels that are 50/50 visual novel and videogame I suggest:

Danganronpa series

Hotel Dusk Room 215

The Zero Escape series

Danganronpa and Zero Escape is rather graphic and dark. It's not for you if you prefer something lighter. Danganronpa is also very... Wonky. Like if you don't enjoy wackier Japanese stuff, I'm not sure how'd you feel about it. 

If you don't mind playing as a female character, I highly suggest Amnesia: Memories. It's a really cute game. Unlike most otomes where you seduce you're bachelor, you already have a boyfriend depending on your choice at the beginning of the game. And you have to work to regain your memories with him. 

For gay things I suggest Lamento: Beyond the Void and Dramatical Murder. Lamento is a fantasy world on the edge of apocalypse. Konoe escapes his village after being marked for sacrifice as well as cursed. The story that follows is him figuring out what is happening with this dying world, as well as figuring out the secrets of his preferred suitor. 

Dramatical Murder aka DMMd, is about Aoba, whose voice can overpower and entice those who hear it. He meets four men (well three, one is his bestie) and gets dragged into issues. Entire street gangs are going missing. Aoba has forgotten parts of his past. And all of his choices of bachelors also have their own issues. DMMd borders on dystopian. Borders. I'm not sure it's there. 

For a really interesting novel not related to choosing suitors, House in Fata Morgana is a visual novel about you, the master, figuring out the mystery of yourself, the mansion, and a woman simply known as "the Maid". 

For games you can play in a day I suggest:

We Know the Devil, a visual novel about two girls and a boy at Christian summer camp who spend the night learning of one another, and exorcising Satan, and speaking to God. Despite the premise, it's not super pro Christian. 

Hustle Cat is a cute visual novel about a character, named Avery, who finds employment at a cat Cafe. Where all the employees turn into cats. Lovely. As Avery, you learn about this curse, and maybe find romance? Routes don't take that long. 

Misadventures of Lara Silver is a fun, snarky, paranormal detective story. Playable in a day, Lara is on the trail of the vodnik with her new sidekick, Orwell Cooper, often called Copper by literally everyone but Lara. Along the way she meets a smug little boy with a mystery about him. 

There's some recs I got. Also Doki Doki Literature (I Haven't played) is completely free. 

HoneyB

I used to be so obsessed with Danganronpa omg (I mean I still am but not as much lol) 

Celestia, Kyoko, and Sonia are my holy bad bixch trinity:bradley:

💋 𝕊𝕥𝕖𝕡 𝕐𝕒 ℂ𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕚𝕖𝕤 𝕌𝕡💋🍪

CautiousLurker

Am I basic if I say Doki Doki and the second Danganronpa? Also I watched one of the Ace Attorney plathroughs on twitch, it's a lot of fun ... I heard a lot of good things about Umineko: When they cry but havent gotten around to watching it, and by watching I mean I prefer to experience visual novels via youtube/twitch :poot:

RudraCNG

Zero Escape series, Trauma Center and Ace Attorney series

I tried with Danganronpa but it's clearly not for me.

bloody g

Danganronpa series for sure :vegas:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Archived