Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ellen defends hanging out with George W. Bush despite his anti-gay legacy

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

PartySick
On 10/8/2019 at 3:52 PM, OG Gaga Stan said:

Reminds me of a meme I saw a while back that said something about our current system of elections, representation, and ways of voicing grievances is the alternative to the old ways of breaking down the factory director's door and beating the crap out them until they either die or give the workers' what they deserve :rip:

"If the rich want to break our current system, we're more than happy to remind them why it was changed".

OT: But Ellen...with Bush though? Really? :rip: it took Donald freaking Trump to make this guy only the second worst president we've ever had. His admin was evil both on a domestic front and overseas.

Be nice but don't hang out with the guy :rip:

🖤

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LordEnigma
1 hour ago, Maleficent said:

Ellen’s a sellout we’ve known that for years. She’s New Money and wants to be friends with every rich person in the world. 

Her views of the world are very questionable. You would never see Madonna or Gaga or Cher calling Bush a friend (in fact didn’t Madonna compare throw a grenade at him lol)...

Elllens problematic, but that doesn’t mean every rich white celeb is!

I mean...

6 hours ago, Florian said:

Meanwhile Gaga is friend with the Clintons who have done very questionable and suspicious things  when bombing the Balkans resulting in hundreds of civilian deaths and health and  sanitary issues.

If you're going to hate on someone, at least be consistent.

----

OT: It's baffling me how this is making the news when there are so many issues happening in the world. Like... it's a non-event. Is it still shocking people in 2019 that Hollywood has no ethics or morals?

Chromaticunt
6 hours ago, Florian said:

Meanwhile Gaga is friend with the Clintons who have done very questionable and suspicious things  when bombing the Balkans resulting in hundreds of civilian deaths and health and  sanitary issues.

If you're going to hate on someone, at least be consistent.

----

OT: It's baffling me how this is making the news when there are so many issues happening in the world. Like... it's a non-event. Is it still shocking people in 2019 that Hollywood has no ethics or morals?

Bill Clinton didn't invent a reason to bomb an entire country and deceive the U.S. public about it. His administration had a legitimate reason. 

If you're going to come for me, at least get it right. 

new york GIF

Guillaume Hamon
11 hours ago, SKANK said:

160925-mobama-w-hug-hg-1530_ccdd18052098

Former first lady Michelle Obama said that her oft-admired friendship with former President George W. Bush serves as a reminder of how relationships should be during a time when America only sees all the "nasty parts" of political discourse.

In an interview released Wednesday on NBC, Obama told Bush's daughter, Jenna Bush Hager, who is also a correspondent on "Today," that her relationship with Bush "reminds us that we can get there with the right leadership and with the right tone setting and with each of us giving one another the benefit of the doubt."

I'd love if we as a country could get back to the place where we didn't demonize people who disagreed with us," she added.

Bringing up a famous photo of the former president and Obama sharing a hug in 2016, Bush Hager asked Obama about her friendship with Bush.

"It's so interesting how people are so interested in y'all's friendship. I mean that hug was, like, the hug that went around the world," Bush Hager said. "Why do you think people are so hungry for that, though?" she asked Obama.

"Because I think the political discourse, the way it's shown in the media, is -- it's all the nasty parts of it. You know?" Obama replied. "Because I guess we've become a culture where the nasty sells. So people are just going to keep feeding that."

Although Obama and Bush don't always agree on things, Obama said, she still considered the former president a "beautiful, funny, kind, sweet man."

*Cue images of Abu Ghraib.

It's interesting that Ellen is reiterating what Michelle Obama said, but with even less affection for Bush, yet Rosanne Gay and her ilk on social media have decided that Ellen, not Michelle, should be criticized for daring to have a amicable relationship with Bush. Makes you wonder what the motivation for the outrage is...

Maybe they just missed the "buddy" moments of Michelle and Bush... I never saw these michelle obama pics/ quotes myself and I don't see it in a more positive light when done by her than when it's done by ellen...

It's the same thing, hanging out with a war criminal with the hypocritical "it's beautiful that people from different political horizons can be friends" like if it was only about that.

11 hours ago, SKANK said:

As for Gaga, yes that was a charity event. However, we all know she has a history of aligning herself with men who are ethically dubious

If by "ethically dubious men" you mean R kelly and Richardson none of them had been condemned at the time and "you're innocent until proven guilty"  so she trusted them but stopped when other accusations kept adding up and rightfully took her distances since that.

She was just out of a trial for "being a tyrannic boss" at the time which wrecked her image even if she was never condemned for anything so I understand how she would tend to trust folks accused with no proofs claiming their innocence.

12 hours ago, SKANK said:

and it sure wasn't an act of charity when she was paid to perform for a dictator and human rights abuser in Azerbaijan. So, perhaps people on fan forums made of glass shouldn't cast stones at "evil rich people."

Saying she "performed for a dictator" in Azerbaijan make it sounds like if she sang Happy Birthday to him in his house when it was for a european sport event organized in Azerbaijan with all european countries participating.

I understand why it's controversial but she wasn't kissing this man ass or supporting his regime. She was wrong to go imo but I understand why you would say yes to an invitation for a european countries-made "non-political" sport event when you don't even have to meet a president therefore asking yourself about his politics.

While someone like JLo made many of these over the years gaga  never did one since this controversial show so I guess she checks all "risks" now and that's a good thing!

Florian
8 hours ago, ThatBinch said:

Bill Clinton didn't invent a reason to bomb an entire country and deceive the U.S. public about it. His administration had a legitimate reason. 

If you're going to come for me, at least get it right. 

new york GIF

That's delusional.

The US had been destabilizing the Balkans for years in order to force the capitalist ideology. The "humanitarian intervention" was just a mask to hide the truth.

Let's remember that the KLA (Kosovo Liberation Army) was described as a terrorist organization (and biggest narcotics network in Europe) by the US and in the span of a few months the US Government were calling them freedom fighters. It was since revealed that the CIA was financing the KLA to get weapons.

Then NATO (with a big push from Clinton administration) decided to intervene without a mandate from the UN. It was proven that the US Government lied about the number of death to justify their intervention to the public (they even called that a genocide!). This intervention was criticized left and right. Not to mention that many deaths (the so-called justification to intervene) were from the KLA.

Don't you see a pattern ? It's the exact same thing the US has been doing in the Middle East.

In conclusion yes, Bill Clinton invented a reason to bomb a place he had been perturbing for years just to push the western capitalist ideology and maintain US power over Europe.

Archived