Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Ellen defends hanging out with George W. Bush despite his anti-gay legacy

BUtterfield 8

Featured Posts

Morphine Prince

I cancelled Ellen earlier this year with the Kevin Hart thing. What a disappointment. 

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, giskardsb said:

this need for people to draw everything in stark black and white lines, to decide that there are only enemies or friends, is the reason so much is ****ed up in the world these days.  

Bush is one of the reasons so much is ****ed up in this world. He drew the line too “you’re either with us or against us”, in a “war on terror” which brought more terror than ever. He’s a war criminal who should be in Hague. But I know brown middle eastern lives mean nothing to so many Americans, especially the wealthy celebs. 

FreePalestine

NCgaga

She’s right though. You can be a civil human being and get along with someone you don’t agree with. We aren’t animals, we are intellectual human beings- who MUST respect each other. When it comes to what’s important- Ellen didn’t vote for the bush’s or trump. She didn’t give money to either candidate or what they stood for. Ellen Has, however given lots of money and done countless charity works for marginalized people, especially the LGBTQ. To sit here and get angry with her, or say “all rich people are in it together” - is bullshit. You’re being dramatic and ridiculous. She is just saying she knows how to respect and be cordial. we should all act like that- and our actions can speak very loudly- like hers. She isn’t going to support people she doesn’t agree with, but she will treat them like human beings. That’s admirable. 

Nightwing

That's such a nonissue. People need to avert that energy and attention towards their dumb ass president and all the wrong he's doing. And that should have been her official response.

Chromaticunt
6 hours ago, NCgaga said:

She’s right though. You can be a civil human being and get along with someone you don’t agree with. We aren’t animals, we are intellectual human beings- who MUST respect each other. When it comes to what’s important- Ellen didn’t vote for the bush’s or trump. She didn’t give money to either candidate or what they stood for. Ellen Has, however given lots of money and done countless charity works for marginalized people, especially the LGBTQ. To sit here and get angry with her, or say “all rich people are in it together” - is bullshit. You’re being dramatic and ridiculous. She is just saying she knows how to respect and be cordial. we should all act like that- and our actions can speak very loudly- like hers. She isn’t going to support people she doesn’t agree with, but she will treat them like human beings. That’s admirable. 

'Get along with' is different to 'being friends with'. And this isn't just about them having different views. People call him a war criminal. His administration was responsible for so many completely unnecessary deaths, starting a war that still has consequences to this day. There's a big difference between Gaga standing next to him in a photo and Ellen being friends with him. It's unforgivable.

She should be ashamed. I've never liked her. 

Chromaticunt
42 minutes ago, Nightwing said:

That's such a nonissue. People need to avert that energy and attention towards their dumb ass president and all the wrong he's doing. And that should have been her official response.

GWB's administration and the crime he committed paved way for Trump. It's not a non-issue. You think the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis who died horribly are a non-issue?! Just because it happened 15 years ago doesn't mean GWB should be forgiven for all he's done.

PunkTheFunk

I hang out with my family despite their anti-gay legacy. It's no big deal in my opinion.

30 minutes ago, PunkTheFunk said:

I hang out with my family despite their anti-gay legacy. It's no big deal in my opinion.

This is not a valid comparison.

Being cordial (idk if it’s right word?) with homophobic family members and being friends with once most powerful man, responsible for torture and deaths of over million of people. 

No one in your family was commander in chief when this happened:

bush-abu-ghraib.png

someone earlier said “we’re not animals”, reminded me of this: 

p01y6hmp.jpg

and what was the response?

"The Bush administration and its Republican allies appear to have settled on a way to deflect attention from the torture of prisoners at Abu Ghraib: accuse Democrats and the news media of overreacting, then pile all of the remaining responsibility onto officers in the battlefield, far away from President Bush and his political team. That cynical approach was on display yesterday morning in the second Abu Ghraib hearing in the Senate, a body that finally seemed to be assuming its responsibility for overseeing the executive branch after a year of silently watching the bungled Iraq occupation."

also

I don’t understand why people are ignoring GWB’s horrible legacy. If some of you weren’t alive when all this happened (you can inform yourself), Ellen was and she knows. She just doesn’t care. 

And same thing will happen to Trump in 10 years or even less. 

FreePalestine

MelbHawker

I love how the masses are getting on their high horse over their friendship. No-one trashes Michelle Obama for her friendship with Bush. Honestly.. there's bigger issues in our world than this.

Ellen's practising kindness - I'm choosing not to find anything negative in that. Sure, Bush is responsible for a lot of wrong.. but f*ck if we're going trash every person who calls him their friend / is seen with him.. how embarrassing on our part. 

:toofunny:

ltlmnstr
19 hours ago, OG Gaga Stan said:

At the end of the day, wealthy people are in it together.

It doesn't matter if one is a war criminal that lied us into a war that killed millions of brown people in the Middle East, destabilized an entire region, created the conditions that led to the creation of various terrorist cells, bungled a hurricane relief effort in a manner the likes of which we've never seen that resulted in the deaths of countless people in New Orleans, and actively, violently opposed queer rights for his entire life. They're still friends in their million-dollar VIP boxes. 

Either we acknowledge this and accept the fact that we've got to stand in solidarity against this class of wealthy people or we let them get away with destroying the planet/marginalized people forever. We don't have a choice.

Look what I just found out:

Ellen releasing propaganda

ALGAYDO

“It’s okay that he murdered thousands of civilians because they’re brown” is all I see you nasty people meaning by advocating for his forgiveness. 

PunkTheFunk
2 hours ago, lego said:

This is not a valid comparison.

Being cordial (idk if it’s right word?) with homophobic family members and being friends with once most powerful man, responsible for torture and deaths of over million of people. 

No one in your family was commander in chief when this happened:

bush-abu-ghraib.png

someone earlier said “we’re not animals”, reminded me of this: 

p01y6hmp.jpg

and what was the response?

"The Bush administration and its Republican allies appear to have settled on a way to deflect attention from the torture of prisoners at Abu Ghraib: accuse Democrats and the news media of overreacting, then pile all of the remaining responsibility onto officers in the battlefield, far away from President Bush and his political team. That cynical approach was on display yesterday morning in the second Abu Ghraib hearing in the Senate, a body that finally seemed to be assuming its responsibility for overseeing the executive branch after a year of silently watching the bungled Iraq occupation."

also

I don’t understand why people are ignoring GWB’s horrible legacy. If some of you weren’t alive when all this happened (you can inform yourself), Ellen was and she knows. She just doesn’t care. 

And same thing will happen to Trump in 10 years or even less. 

Fair enough

ChromaticaPunk

I see through it. Their all friends behind closed doors. Her statement or whatever sounded so fake and adding in jokes (at her audience who laugh at anything) to make it seem genuine was embarassing.

Archived