Stefani Tee
Sign in to follow this  
politics

Trudeau to Win Re-election But With Fewer Seats (Latest Poll)

Featured Posts

OBEY

EVERYONE GO VOTE DONT SAY U WONT BC U TRUST POLLS

• Like 1

Sour Jube
9 minutes ago, Economy said:

Based on these polls the NDP are loosing half their seats and the Green party will have only 1 :rip:

edit: wait does this mean Elizabeth May would be alone representing the Green Party?? :deadbanana:

If they can maintain one or two seats that's incredible, having Green MPs this past session has been so important. I don't want to go back to having none. And if they can increase seat count, WE STAN! (or I stan, lol)

Sour Jube
37 minutes ago, Enigma said:

WHERE ARE THE NEW ADULTS AT

WHY ARE WE STUCK WITH BOOMERS PARTIES WINNING AGAIN

WHY THE **** IS NPD GOING DOWNHILL

I ****ing hate politics

Sometimes when I feel upset more people don't share my beliefs, I try and take some kind of real life, tangible action (volunteering with local riding association, marching in a protest, talking to friends and family about voting intentions). It helps answer your question, deal with whatever frustration you may have, and you're doing something really productive and healthy!

Economy
16 minutes ago, Sour Jube said:

If they can maintain one or two seats that's incredible, having Green MPs this past session has been so important. I don't want to go back to having none. And if they can increase seat count, WE STAN! (or I stan, lol)

Well representation of varying views in government is important and i support having a green party presence :)

i do think they take some ideas too far tho. Having seats im ok with... if they were to be the party in power i wouldnt support that 

just look at their corporate tax rate proposals. They make the NDP Corporate Tax proposal seem like US Republicans by Comparison :duck:

some of their ideas i think are a sure way to garantee no internation business would ever do business in Canada ever again and it would improverish Canada big time

Edited by Economy
  • Like 1

River

Isn't it a dream come true for him? he wouldn't be able to do anything or make any decision, this is what he wanted all along, to keep the high chair and do nothing.

I'm not serious 99% of the times ;)
  • Sad 1

Economy
14 minutes ago, River said:

Isn't it a dream come true for him? he wouldn't be able to do anything or make any decision, this is what he wanted all along, to keep the high chair and do nothing.

Tbh

id still take him over NDP tho

Luc

Sooo maybe this would actually result in a Trudeau govt with NDP support? As in, actually a more left-wing government than right now?

And how can the left-wing party get so few seats. Is it that the votes are being split among NDP and Greens, so they don't reach the thresholds or first past the post anywhere? I could make a lot more sense of this if I knew the predicted percentages instead of just predicted seats.

Economy
15 minutes ago, Luc said:

Sooo maybe this would actually result in a Trudeau govt with NDP support? As in, actually a more left-wing government than right now?

And how can the left-wing party get so few seats. Is it that the votes are being split among NDP and Greens, so they don't reach the thresholds or first past the post anywhere? I could make a lot more sense of this if I knew the predicted percentages instead of just predicted seats.

Its possible. The NDP have become more and more relevant overtime and they have more voters now than ever before but not enough to ever win more than a few seats

its possible the Green Party is winning over some of the voters from the NDP and its causing a split among left wing voters

However the Conservatives seem to be the ones that are gaining most popularity now vs last election. Its the only party being expected to gain a significant amount of seats (tho projections can be wrong)

As for a coalition what ur saying is possible. The Green Party is even further to the left than the NDP. Its the most left wing party we have...

were seeing that happen right now in the Province of British Columbia. The NDP are in power with the coalition support of their Green Party

Tho the NDP rulling Federally with a coalition of the Green party would never happen anytime soon. It was possible in British Columbia because they are the most progressive Province and in addition to that they are also the epicentre of the Green movement here 

Enigma
1 hour ago, Sour Jube said:

Sometimes when I feel upset more people don't share my beliefs, I try and take some kind of real life, tangible action (volunteering with local riding association, marching in a protest, talking to friends and family about voting intentions). It helps answer your question, deal with whatever frustration you may have, and you're doing something really productive and healthy!

I did go to the climate protest but I can’t vote yet so there’s not much I can do. But yes I did tell my mom to vote NPD because she was just voting for Liberals every year without even knowing what politics are.

It just angers me to know liberals are the go-to for clueless people. I know it’s supposed to be « everyone go vote » but if you can’t vote smartly just don’t... They’re killing every chance of success for the smaller parties. 

• Like 1

FATCAT
1 hour ago, Economy said:

The NDP in my opinion take some left wing ideas too far

What policies? 

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

Economy
10 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

What policies? 

Like the corporate tax rates

we already saw a reduction in capital coming to Canada vs the US after their Corporate tax cuts which now makes us at a disadvantage 

the NDP wanna raise it another 3%

we dint have to match the US but then dont raise it either right now if we’re struggling to compete

FATCAT
1 minute ago, Economy said:

Like the corporate tax rates

we already saw a reduction in capital coming to Canada vs the US after their Corporate tax cuts which now makes us at a disadvantage 

the NDP wanna raise it another 3%

we dint have to match the US but then dont raise it either right now if we’re struggling to compete

If it makes you feel better the US is going to raise those corporate taxes as soon as Dems are back in power.

█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓ This püssy grabs back. █▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓█▓

Economy
6 minutes ago, FATCAT said:

If it makes you feel better the US is going to raise those corporate taxes as soon as Dems are back in power.

If they do then its less of an issue for us...

The NDP also wanna greatly increase other taxes some of which i think would really hold back business investment

also their plan for dealing with the housing crisis is more expensive than the Liberal or Conservative plan. In this department i think Liberals got best plan

i like the NDP childcare plan tho

Edited by Economy