Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Why the lack of Gaga in Best of 2010s lists?

Sorcerer

Featured Posts

Sorcerer

Major music journalism outlets such as Pitchfork, UPROXX, and Cleveland released their best music of the 2010s lists, and I'm sure they will be followed by other outlets in the next weeks or months. Only one Lady Gaga work was mentioned so far: Born This Way at #92 for UPROXX. :cryga: While Gaga's music has great impact in the industry to the point that she got an Oscar and other major awards, it seems like her work is still not as acclaimed by music critics as expected. :selena:

What's the reason behind this?  :oprah:

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryusei

Lack of taste and flavor paired with the necessary hipster picks that every publication seems to be making 

Musery

IAmNotHere1997

Shallow and Born This Way (the album) are the only decade-end lists worthy musical outputs of Gaga from this decade. :noparty:

Illuminati
6 minutes ago, gabrielflorin01 said:

Shallow and Born This Way (the album) are the only decade-end lists worthy musical outputs of Gaga from this decade. :noparty:

This is true and I would say all of her impact on pop music was particularly due to the albums she released in the last decade so they don't count.
Still sad to see songs like Teenage Dream and Work make it on the list while Gaga certainly had far better ones on BTW alone.

xoxo Craig

Lady Gaga songs that should have been included:

Shallow

I'll Never Love Again 

Always Remember Us This Way 

Look What I Found 

Million Reasons 

Applause 

The Edge of Glory

Bloody Mary

Judas

Marry The Night

Born This Way

Yoü & I

End Racism Now

she hasn't released music acclaimed by internet publications this decade

月にかわって、おしおきよ!🌙

GaGaAst

They are just ranking based on impact and popularity which gaga did not have this decade sans BTW song and shallow. I know gaga has released amazing music but if they had ranked based on how good the music is gaga wouldn't make the list cause there are lots of music released which was not popular but was amazing. Like most of songs in EMOTION by CRJ 

Love it when you call me legs In the morning, buy me eggs

Drin Lon

I know TFM was released in late 2009 but most of its impact was in 2010. It won best pop album in 2011. It’s kind of unfair to not take it in consideration when talking about Gaga’s music input this decade :crossed:

Luna Lovegood

The media is still against a powerful talented, versatile woman. They’re scared of her.

luna’s advocate

FfFfFfFF
1 hour ago, Rino said:

she hasn't released music acclaimed by internet publications this decade

All her albums are critically acclaimed and have green scores on metacritic and ASIB is her second higher score, only after TFM.

1 hour ago, ArtyRoberto said:

Cause they wanna seem edgy

Is it tho? 

Born This Way the song was memorable but frontloaded. The rest of the singles are forgotten. 

Then ARTPOP, C2C and Joanne happened. 

Reginald

I mean, her last pop album with a big hit (non-Super Bowl) was 6 years ago. Besides Shallow, Applause, and Born This Way, most of her pop culture hits were not in this decade 

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Archived