💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Pitchfork snubs Lady Gaga on "200 Best Songs of the 2010's" list

petty

Featured Posts

Inferno
18 minutes ago, AlexanderMagno said:

Gaga's best songs were released before 2010 :oops: Bad Romance will always be in a 2000s list.

Anyway, I think at least Do What U Want and Marry the Night are some of the best songs the pop world has produced, so those deserved a spot. Work by Rihanna is in no way better than Marry the Night.

The Edge of Glory and You and  both lyrically and in composition objectively surpass the two you listed and you know that. They absolutely deserved inclusion, and you know that as well. That is objective truth when discussing a list that includes some of the tracks that they included. Period.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, PETTY said:

Hi @Pitchfork we have a problem!

Pitchfork released a list on their ranking of the 200 best songs of the 2010s. However, they forgot to include one of the biggest pop stars of the 2010s on the list. 

you can view the entire list @ the source.

Here’s the top 20:

20. M83 – “Midnight City”
19. Vampire Weekend – “Hannah Hunt”
18. Kanye West – “Runaway”
17. Jamie xx – “Gosh”
16. The 1975 – “Love It If We Made It”
15. Rihanna – “Work”
14. Angel Olsen – “Shut Up Kiss Me”
13. Chief Keef – “I Don’t Like”
12. Sky Ferreira – “Everything Is Embarrassing”
11. Bill Callahan – “Riding for the Feeling”
10. Lil Uzi Vert – “XO TOUR Llif3″
9. Lana Del Rey – “Video Games”
8. Solange – “Cranes in the Sky”
7. Mitski – “Your Best American Girl”
6. Azealia Banks – “212”
5. Frank Ocean – “Thinkin Bout You”
4. Beyonce – “Formation”
3. Robyn – “Dancing on My Own”
2. Grimes – “Oblivion”
1. Kendrick Lamar – “Alright”

Whew the messiness.

What Gaga song(s) should have been included, GGD? Attack. 

Rihanna in the top 20? The top 3 are great picks, but Rihanna and no Gaga, really?

List is a mess.

Luna Lovegood

disgusting 

luna’s advocate

Lord Temptation
1 hour ago, Inferno said:

No points were made. Gaga bias is irrelevant to the fact that of a list of 200 songs from a decades worth of released music, she's absolutely had at least one or two tracks that should have made the cut. Her lack of inclusion is political.

It’s actually an honour to not be on this shitty list :vegas:

Sassy McSass

Sometimes Pitchfork provides interesting reviews and articles but I can’t help but noticing that most of the time they’re trying so hard to be edgy and cool - and this list is a clear example. To me it comes out as forced, like they just want the attention. I won’t  waste my time worrying about Gaga not being on this list because I just can’t take it seriously.

I’ll keep looking for Wonderland

Taylucifer

Pitchfork has literally always been on crack especially when it comes to Taylor (or maybe just pop stars in general, idk) so just ignore 'em:staymad:

1989 (TV) is out NOW

I quote:

”I stand here waiting for you to bang the gong.

To crash the critics saying is it right or is it wrong?”

blackpink
9 hours ago, Nuggets said:

Off topic but...

what is this mess omg :bradley:

MIA-Bad-Girls.jpeg

DONT COME FOR M.I.A!! She is a queen 

zakariah
6 hours ago, Sneaky said:

Well, whatever helps you sleep at night:ohwell:

I sleep soundly, tyvm

Ziggy
6 hours ago, LilyLark said:

The ArchAndroid came out in 2010...as did the track Tightrope. I agree it's more "Pitchfork Friendly," but Dirty Computer had insanely rapturous reviews (outside of Pitchfork) and was treated critically more or less on the same level as ArchAndroid. A lot of critics (right around the time ASIB came out, there were some retrospectives on Gag's career) seem to consider the BTW album her best work..which was released in 2011.

It just seems insanely contrarian to snub them (Tightrope, Make Me Feel, TEOG, You and I, or even  BTW) but to put in songs by  lil' peep, cupcakke and jessica pratt. Not to mention Childish Gambino just won SOTY and ROTY for This is America and he was completely left off the list.

I feel like they wanted to make the list 80% "non big names" and then just couldn't fit enough of the big names in the remaining 20%

AA was 2010? Oh! For some reason I thought it was ‘08 haha then in that case I’m really befuddled as to why she’s been left off. I mean, Metropolis would make sense since it is really good but functions better as a start to the story. You could pull most anything from ArchAndroid and have a strong contender though I’d probably say BaBopByeYah is the one. Stunning song. 

Yeah I think this list gave a huge snub to pop at large. BTW I can see being left off. It’s a good song and has some amazing pedigree, but musically one of the best of the last 10 years? Eh. TEOG and You and I are a bit more shocking to me. Both of those are incredibly well-written pop ballads. I would be curious to know if they were even brought up at all in the conversations. I feel like this started with then going through albums/songs in their archive of reviews which is already going to present a bias if they didn’t like someone when they reviewed the work (Gaga to ARTPOP).

Xoxo Adriana
10 hours ago, PETTY said:
20. M83 – “Midnight City”
19. Vampire Weekend – “Hannah Hunt”
18. Kanye West – “Runaway”
17. Jamie xx – “Gosh”
16. The 1975 – “Love It If We Made It”
15. Rihanna – “Work”
14. Angel Olsen – “Shut Up Kiss Me”
13. Chief Keef – “I Don’t Like”
12. Sky Ferreira – “Everything Is Embarrassing”
11. Bill Callahan – “Riding for the Feeling”