💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Unpopular Opinion: Gaga Does Not Have A Very Distinctive Voice

Economy

Featured Posts

AJRocketMan

It's not unique, you're right. A great example of a really recognizable singing voice is Miley Cyrus. The moment she utters a sound, you can instantly tell it's her. Gaga's never had that quality, although I think she could have if she never damaged her voice. She sounded more distinct in her early unreleased recordings (Wish You Were Here, Fever, Fancy Pants, Trigger, etc.).

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
KatieJudasGaga4
2 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

although I think she could have if she never damaged her voice. 

one again with this nonsense, when did she damage her voice? She sounds fine right now.

AJRocketMan
1 minute ago, KatieJudasGaga4 said:

one again with this nonsense, when did she damage her voice? She sounds fine right now.

She became addicted to cocaine in 2006 for a couple of years. Her friend Brendan Jay Sullivan confirmed this. It explains why she sounds like two different people between Paparazzi and Bad Romance even though she was already an adult when she recorded the former. Stop kidding yourself.

Venusoflove
3 minutes ago, AJRocketMan said:

She became addicted to cocaine in 2006 for a couple of years. Her friend Brendan Jay Sullivan confirmed this. It explains why she sounds like two different people between Paparazzi and Bad Romance even though she was already an adult when she recorded the former. Stop kidding yourself.

:saladga:

BabylonHooker

you can tell when artists never do Lady Gaga impressions:huntyga: 

GAGA IS MY LIFELINE

Killa

She sings with her own voice, you can hear a real timbre and recognize it.

But the GP is not very smart, they need a really distinctive trait to recognize her. And it's more that manneirisms, it's what people call style of singing.

Though if Gaga keeps her latest way of singing: growls, big vibrato, some twang, sultry voice. People will recognize her.

For me she needs to juggle between Always remember, diamond heart/is that alright, low voice in bad romance, your song, i dont know what love is, the way she sang Scheisse opening night of residency. More metal oriented goes well for her. She should recognized as the edgy pop singer with deeper voice and vibrato. That enough for the gp

gypsy101

huh yeah i never realized but she kind of does have a generic voice. she’s obviously super talented but it’s not one of those voices that you immediately recognize. it’s a musical theater thing i think, a lot of performers in musical theater these days have a generic type of sound

zakariah

I agree, when she sings her normal pop songs, it doesn’t sound distinctive but when she sings her jazz songs, you can tell it’s gaga right away (at least to me) but I don’t know why that is

ANTI WP
10 hours ago, Economy said:

Feel free to discuss and disagree but dont kill me for my opinion :sweat:

I'll think about that :triggered: 

how can she sounds generic ? 

Tf :saladga:

xoxo Craig

It is pretty distinct to me. I can always pick it out. Nobody can replicate her voice, and its pretty unique

End Racism Now

LilyLark
On 10/6/2019 at 5:51 PM, AJRocketMan said:

Wut? First of all, wasn't Brendan basically pushing sh*t to sell his books? He wasn't exactly some eminent historian or notable journalist at the time, and he admitted that he only knew Gaga for a year or two.

Secondly, she very likely had a drug problem at one point but having a drug problem doesn't equal permanently damaging one's voice—especially when someone is well trained. Freddy Mercury did every drug under the sun and his voice was near perfect towards the end, Tanya Tucker still sounds great despite having a serious, very long battle with drugs and alcohol, and so on. Gaga's never had vocal surgery like Sam Smith, Adele, etc., which indicates that she doesn't have any real damage, and critics rave about her vocals to this day. Even the Apollo show had critics talking about how good she is live. A couple of 15 sec IG posts with terrible audio of her performing Enigma where she sounded a bit strained, in the midst of dancing and having done a show the night before, does not mean she has -damage-. And it sounds like she quit smoking, which means she's probably staving off any damage, too.

And yeah, her voice has changed—but every artists voice changes and hers isn't that significant. Listen to Fooled Me Again—that was nearly 11 years ago and she sounds nearly identical to some of the Joanne/ASIB tracks. Some of the change your talking about is just her using a different style.

Katy Perry doesn't have a distinct tone. Rihanna doesn't either though she has a distinct accent which kind of counts.

letsgetdirrty

I think that’s because of her versatility actually... Though I do get your point about Shakira or Britney (only when she does the baby voice) 

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

Archived