đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
digital art

Original Doll / Die Life / Veronica Electronica

ice bear

Featured Posts

hey hey hey :party:

it's been fun sharing my album edits with u guys and i said i'd be doing some for unreleased projects from other artists, so here are 3 of them i did during this week

Original Doll - Britney Spears 

original_doll_by_lanadelreygaga_ddhndfs-

I love Britney but her covers look so basic... and i couldn't make something super elaborate that wouldn't fit with the rest so i toned it down a lot, just added borders, titles and some color adjustment to a photo i liked of her. My first idea was to use something from the iconic Onyx Hotel photoshoot but i ended up finding this image on accident and decided that was it. The orange/red boots reminded me of the colors of Taylor Swift's reputation photoshoot so i went with a typography that i knew would match it 

If you don't know about Original Doll: Britney wanted to release an album with this name (which is related to the pussicat dolls) after In The Zone, and she even went to a radio station and told them to play one of the songs she was working on from it: Mona Lisa. It would be her most personal and vulnerable work apparently; she'd use the persona of Mona Lisa because she felt like as a popular person she was on display for everyone to stare at at all times. Eventually this pressure cost her a meltdown in 2007 so we're left to wonder if releasing this confessional album would've helped her with her inner issues...

Die Life - Marina (and the diamonds)

ddhndmq-071dd104-deb5-43d5-bf75-99ec2f8a

i ditched the "and the diamonds" because i'm not the biggest fan of text on album covers myself so imagine all that written there...

Marina wanted to release this as her second studio album, and somewhere in the process she decided she would release two albums (which she did now with Love+Fear) but her label rejected this idea, so die Life was turned into Electra Heart, sort of...

I don't speak german (but i can if you like aw), but, "allegedly" die is an arcticle for feminine nouns, so die Life is a word play for "Her Life" or "The Life" 

I had the idea for it to be a second chapter of Electra Heart for restoration of the original concept, the slash over her name is supposed to represent the Electra alter ego taking over Marina again. I was lowkey scared of Electra when i first watched the videos... 

Madonna - Veronica Electronica

veronica_electronica_by_lanadelreygaga_d

I don't condone smoking...

Veronica Electronica was supposed to be a remix album for Ray of Light, but it was never released, however i like to think of it as a stanalone era, because the name is so cool :o. It would probably be released in 1999 since it's between Ray of Light and Music, so this is kind of Matrix-donna

maybe the style could've been nu-metal or industrial something something (not good with naming rock subgenres) she was going goth with the Frozen visuals so it could be a nod (like Bedtime Story to Ray of Light)

these aren't my greatest works but i still had fun with them

if you want to see my edits on Gaga (and Lana) they're here:

i feel like i'm spamming at this point so i'll take a break before sharing new edits :sweat:

i'd like to know your opinions, and if you want them for personal use feel free :hug:

ice heard one side from above

River

*Veronica Electronica actually exist but it's a promotion only album.

I love the cover art so much, it's really fitting the cool name.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

2 minutes ago, River said:

oh, i didn't know that, thanks for the new info ^^

FfFfFfFF
5 minutes ago, River said:

It's a fanmade album did by Medonners back in the day, not official. :sweat:

OT: I love your edits, especially Original Doll. I find the concept of a scrapped album fascinating to think about.

Reject False Icons

I really liked the Britney edit 

it looks like if Britney would release original doll in 2019. The style goes with the current covers (not a great fan) but it blends the two eras greatly

i saw your edits of Gaga and DAMN that ANGELina name has 1000 meanings :firega:

Sneaky Oliver

Imagine if Britney names her next album Original Doll :cryga: all the stans coming back to life 

I loved the OD art. I wish VE looked a little more with ROL/Music Madonna 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Pop Music

Back in my intense marina phase (still love her and her music) in freshman year I was obsessed with the concept of Die Life and would listen to Miss Y thinking of how the album could have been. 

Gaga đź’ťTaylor đź’ťCarly Rae đź’ťRina đź’ťMARINA đź’ťBritneyđź’ťLights đź’ťShania đź’ťSigridđź’ť

1 minute ago, Haus Swiftie said:

Back in my intense marina phase (still love her and her music) in freshman year I was obsessed with the concept of Die Life and would listen to Miss Y thinking of how the album could have been. 

GIRL SAME:giveup:

also scab & plaster

letsgetdirrty

Thank god Original Doll was scrapped :excited:

Xtina | Gaga | Britney | Madonna | Beyoncé | Janet | Ciara | Ashanti | Brandy | Monica | Paula | Jessica

2 hours ago, letsgetdirrty said:

Thank god Original Doll was scrapped :excited:

why dat :huh:

artpopsexual

The Original Doll one :kara:

Love it!

• 1 month later...

Archived