Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Joker (2019) - Reviews

RAMROD

Featured Posts

RAMROD

joker-imax-poster.png

It will release this week. Anyone planning to see it? Anyone have seen it?

I have.

And it is super amazing.

It is serious, deep, heavy, dark, depressing, and super real. It feels like you got sucker punch at how real it is actually. Fxck!

So, perhaps, I need to put trigger warning for anyone struggling with serious depression andnother mental illnesses, who plan to see this movie.

The films is about how far south someone with mental illness and abandoned can go. Let me tell you one thing: you are not ready, fam!

I understand why it is winning Venice Film Festival this year now. I totally get it. The movie won't end when it ends, it will make you ponder or left you feel horrified, or empty, or both. 

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cybikitty

YESSSS I'm going to be seeing it on Friday and I'm super excited!! I have no clue what to expect apart from it being dark, I really hope it leaves an impression on me :pole:

RAMROD
Just now, Cybikitty said:

YESSSS I'm going to be seeing it on Friday and I'm super excited!! I have no clue what to expect apart from it being dark, I really hope it leaves an impression on me :pole:

Hope you will enjoy your viewing. IMHO it will really leave a mark of anyone who sees it. But do update us us after you seen it. :D

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Reality

I'm seeing it Saturday!!

When the news first broke out that we were getting a Joker movie that was a period piece and that had no relation to the DCEU, I honestly was flabbergasted. It just didn't make sense to me. However, ever since we got that camera test footage of the first look of Joaquin Phoenix's Joker make-up, I loved it ever since.

I'm both simultaneously really excited, but also kind of nervous. Had this been any other character, I probably wouldn't have seen this movie because of how dark and serious it is (supposedly, cause of course I haven't seen it yet). 

That said, I've heard a lot about how this movie makes you think and re-think your opinions and even your own morality, and I find that stuff fascinating! I can't wait!

🖤👹

JazzGa

The reviews sound fascinating to me. Controversial, but fascinating. Apparently the main criticism of this film is that it asks the viewer to possibly sympathize with and feel sorry for violent men such as mass shooters. What do you think of this criticism? Is that a valid point or just some BS? Or do you think that it's good that the movie asks that we feel that sympathy?

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

bloody g

I can't wait! My friends and I are going next week :excited2:

edit: Watched it and it was the best movie from this year so far. I'm so impressed :bradley:

『𝐟𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐜𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐛𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐝』

Reality
14 minutes ago, the Devil of Pop said:

The reviews sound fascinating to me. Controversial, but fascinating. Apparently the main criticism of this film is that it asks the viewer to possibly sympathize with and feel sorry for violent men such as mass shooters. What do you think of this criticism? Is that a valid point or just some BS? Or do you think that it's good that the movie asks that we feel that sympathy?

I know that this post isn't directed towards me in any means, but I have quite a lot of thoughts on this topic, so I thought I'd just quote you here :sweat:

EDIT - I realized how long this post was after I typed it up. Sorry in advance :giveup:

I haven't seen the movie, so I can't really speak on that in too much detail. However, I think that the critcism towards this movie, while I think valid in some points, is also just a bunch of BS. I think it's a lot of people trying to attack this movie without giving it the proper thought and effort.

Here's the thing. No one is going to condone what the Joker does. Without having seen the movie, again, I can't name specifics, but with as dark and disturbing as I've heard it is, I'm going to imagine that he's going to do some awful things. That said, no one is condoing those kinds of actions.

What this movie is about is how we should be able to feel sympathy for people. We need to feel empathetic towards people because if not, they might end up turning to a very dark and gruesome place. I think 13RW also illustrates this beautifully (despite how controversial that show is as well). 

The reason why people like the Joker exist in real life is because of how society treats them. If we're talking about mass shooters specifically, of course there will just be plain crazy people out there looking to cause harm, but there are also times where those people are products of an apathetic society. 

Often times we talk about the victims (and don't get me wrong, we absolutely need to talk about the victims), but I also don't think we need to completely ignore the perpetrator. This goes beyond shootings too. Look at rape victims. Often times the people who are rapists are victims of rape and molestation themselves. Now, are we going to condone what they've done? 1000% no. They need to be punished for the atrocious crimes that they've commited; however, that doesn't mean you can't feel somewhat sympathetic about their situation. After all, they are a product of the very thing we think is awful and terrible, so why shouldn't  you have some sympathy for them?

It's a very touchy subject so I completely understand why people hate this movie because of how they think it's portraying terrible events, but often times terrible events aren't necessarily black and white. That's what this movie is trying to say. Gotham was a victim of Joker's crimes, but Arthur was a victim of Gotham's apathy and unwillingness to help those in need. 

🖤👹

River

I'm going to watch it!

It's an interesting interpretation of the Joker as a character, also the fact that Batman is not there, is giving the character more freedom to go extreme.

It's like how anyone can become the Joker.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Rudz Xinc

Just came back from watching.

It was pretty good. Annoying at some parts, too much laughing, they could cut that down a little bit.

But the story and the acting are great.

Look at those clowns

Neight Shayde

seeing it this weekend. some of the more "negative" reviews actually make the film more appealing.

Reality
2 minutes ago, RudzXinc said:

Just came back from watching.

It was pretty good. Annoying at some parts, too much laughing, they could cut that down a little bit.

But the story and the acting are great.

Too much laughing? That’s the Joker’s shtick...

🖤👹

Chromatislaps
1 hour ago, RAMROD said:

joker-imax-poster.png

It will release this week. Anyone planning to see it? Anyone have seen it?

I have.

And it is super amazing.

It is serious, deep, heavy, dark, depressing, and super real. It feels like you got sucker punch at how real it is actually. Fxck!

So, perhaps, I need to put trigger warning for anyone struggling with serious depression andnother mental illnesses, who plan to see this movie.

The films is about how far south someone with mental illness and abandoned can go. Let me tell you one thing: you are not ready, fam!

I understand why it is winning Venice Film Festival this year now. I totally get it. The movie won't end when it ends, it will make you ponder or left you feel horrified, or empty, or both. 

Eventhough I want to see it,  I'm afraid I'll get hit in the feels, since my mom has been deteriorating with various mental illnesses... and I hate to see the what if scenario of what could happen if she's alone all the time :messga:

I'm very curious to watch it- everybody involved is pretty talented, and this could be like a perfect storm.

I'm most intrigued by people stating how horrifying the film is, not in its actual terror, but more in its showcasing and handling of mental illness and social ostracizing, given the context of our current social state.

3 points in and ready for more

Archived